FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS?

+4
jeffcpr
Konacrush
waxon67
sonarbp
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok guys...I just saw this on another site and think what the cops did was complete BS.

"Well, I knew it had to be too good to be true... I spent all of Winter honing my salt water bassing skills in Alamitos marina for the day when Spring rolled around and I could reap the rewards of my countless hours of practice. Just as the bite picked up and I've been catching spotties and sandies with regular success, the LBPD had to roll up on me with 3 vehicles, apprehend me, search every crevice of my body, and lecture me for over half an hour before they gave me a ticket for "fishing in the marina".

I was fishing by the PCH bridge near some boat docks with my buddy in the middle of night when they crept up on me like a SWAT team or something. I get where they're coming from though. I can see why people with expensive equipment on their boat docks want to keep people away so nothing gets stolen, but I can't help but feel like I at least deserved a warning or something. I don't even leave a scrap of trash behind me. I release every fish I catch and I often leave the place cleaner than when I found it. I even make friendly conversation with people that walk by, but half of them look at me like some sort of social pariah.

What kind of city has a law that prevents any kind of fishing in the marina at any point at any time? How can you own the pacific ocean? They even said that fishing in the marina is illegal on a boat! Unless you're docked... whatever sense that makes. Supposedly float tubes and kayaks are not permitted to fish as well.

I guess my only option now is to go to the piers and compete for spots with all of the poachers.

I wish I had a boat now more than ever... Anybody out there looking for a fishing buddy to help pay for gas costs/maintenance?"

Just be aware guys that the LB police have nothing better to do than give us fishermen a hard time!!!

2ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:18 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If it was truly illegal wouldn't the Sherriff patrol that waves hello at me on a regular basis have something to say to me about the legality of my fishing? Two sides to every story and I have found that many times the person who is just minding their own business and then is harassed by the PO PO is usually not telling the whole story.

Just my .02

ps...how do they roll up on a guy who is in the water? Was he tubing? Shore fishing? Or fishing off the PCH bridge which IS illegal? How do they issue a ticket if he is on dry land and not fishing? If he just got out how can they issue a ticket if they did not witness the crime? If he practices CR then no fish...no fishing. Am I supposed to believe this is all based on suspicion and intent? I don't buy it.

But good article just the same Sonar...all info is good info!

3ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey wax the guy was fishing from shore. Guess the police cited him for fishing in the marina because it was posted NO FISHING IN THE MARINA.

I have fished the Lab for a few years and have seen the signs NO FISHING IN THE MARINA but still do...and like you say the harbor PO PO'S do cruise by and wave.

4ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:34 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I bet there is more to this...maybe behind the scenes or some riff raff been around lately and the hoity toity locals got their chones in a ruffle and now a crack down? It was at night? 10pm beach closures too. I think we all good on the tubes. Maybe just got some rookies with attitude...out to save the world and slam a man in a hoodie.

None the less, I hope it remains an isolated event and not a tell of things to come!

5ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

waxon67 wrote:I bet there is more to this...maybe behind the scenes or some riff raff been around lately and the hoity toity locals got their chones in a ruffle and now a crack down? It was at night? 10pm beach closures too. I think we all good on the tubes. Maybe just got some rookies with attitude...out to save the world and slam a man in a hoodie.

None the less, I hope it remains an isolated event and not a tell of things to come!
I wish I could push "LIKE" WAXON67 ur right and crack me up all the time green happy

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

6ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

This blowes if it is possible things to come, I just got into night fishing from the tube and I am ready for more.
I agree with wax there is more to thsi story not sure if this guy pushed buttons or maybe there has been some theft issues in the area and the are cracking down. I guess it is something we all need to be aware, so we are not caught off gaurd. I also think it is how you talk to law inforcement. In my experiance if you did nothing wrong then talk to them opennly and it should be fine ( I hope). If you look like you are hidding something then you are hiding something.
Guys becareful of you head out to fish in the harbors, bays and marinas and maybe we just avoid this area for a little will till it all blows over they try it again later.
Thanks for the post Sonar, it is good to get this kind of info so we can make good choices. I would also like to add if this guy truly did nothing wrong that sucked.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this story sounds fishy..

I've done a ton of shore fishing in LBC. Never had a problem. I wonder if this is the area around shoreline village drive, where you CAN fish on the side where those small piers are located (across the water from the Queen Mary). But the other side of the parking lot are the marina docks. There are many signs everywhere that say "No Fishing". In my opinion, that's fine. Those people should be busted if they are fishing in a private area clearly marked as "No Fishing".

8ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:this story sounds fishy..

I've done a ton of shore fishing in LBC. Never had a problem. I wonder if this is the area around shoreline village drive, where you CAN fish on the side where those small piers are located (across the water from the Queen Mary). But the other side of the parking lot are the marina docks. There are many signs everywhere that say "No Fishing". In my opinion, that's fine. Those people should be busted if they are fishing in a private area clearly marked as "No Fishing".

Nope it was at the LAB.

9ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:05 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
Docrunner wrote:this story sounds fishy..

Nope it was at the LAB.

oh.. i missed that detail. That would suck. I fish there a lot. I have heard that there is some uncertainty about whether or not you need a 2nd Rod Stamp when fishing places like the LAB. Is that considered "in-land" waters? It's obviously not freshwater.. unclear. To be safe, I got the 2nd Rod Stamp just to avoid any hassles. But this story, sounds like they didn't even check.. they just busted his ass.

10ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Second rod stamp is only for freshwater

11ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No need for the second rod stamp for fishing the salt...only freshwater.

12ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

JINX....lol

13ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL
quick someone say my name...

damn, i don't think anyone on here knows my actual name

Should I just change my handle to "mime"?

14ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I won't repost the other forum thread on this topic.. but it sounds like the DFG wording is unclear, regarding "freshwater, saltwater, inland, brackish water, salinity, blah, blah, blah.. etc"

Not worth the hassle. I just got the stamp to be on the safe side. Plus, I'd need it to fish any lakes anyways, right?

15ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You can have multiple rods with you no problem. The stamp is only so you can have two lines actually "in" the water. If you're using artificial baits you don't need to worry about it (unless if you can cast and retrieve two rods at the same time cyclops)

Also, you are correct. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

16ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Guys, what this dude did was trespassing! he forgot to mention the locked gate he had to hop over or wait til someone open to get in. The marina is obviously only for the boat owners, not for anglers to go fishing off the docks! that's why there is signs that say "no fishing"! if my back yard was a lake and people were walking back there through the side of my house to fish it i would call the cops too. fishing in the marina is also prohibited but from boat, tube and kayak they will let you slide on that one. if you don't have a key to gain access to the marina than you are not allowed in there. Instead of "honing bassing skills" this guy should try to understand a lot of bass anglers go "ninja fishing" lol

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

17ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:Guys, what this dude did was trespassing! he forgot to mention the locked gate he had to hop over or wait til someone open to get in. The marina is obviously only for the boat owners, not for anglers to go fishing off the docks! that's why there is signs that say "no fishing"! if my back yard was a lake and people were walking back there through the side of my house to fish it i would call the cops too. fishing in the marina is also prohibited but from boat, tube and kayak they will let you slide on that one. if you don't have a key to gain access to the marina than you are not allowed in there. Instead of "honing bassing skills" this guy should try to understand a lot of bass anglers go "ninja fishing" lol

Thanks for clearing that up Lok...Like I said before I never had any problems with the harbor pigs...I mean cops.

18ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:56 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup big O'l 10-4 on that one goooooooooooood buddy!

19ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:08 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rambo that's a classic lol!

21ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:You can have multiple rods with you no problem. The stamp is only so you can have two lines actually "in" the water. If you're using artificial baits you don't need to worry about it (unless if you can cast and retrieve two rods at the same time cyclops)

yep.. but hunting bats at the LAB, I might have 2-3 rods soaking squid and macs. Someone posted the pertinent paragraph from DFG guidelines, and it's all gibberish. Only a dumb-ass pol in Sacramento could come up with something so ass-backwards.

22ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:You can have multiple rods with you no problem. The stamp is only so you can have two lines actually "in" the water. If you're using artificial baits you don't need to worry about it (unless if you can cast and retrieve two rods at the same time cyclops)

yep.. but hunting bats at the LAB, I might have 2-3 rods soaking squid and macs. Someone posted the pertinent paragraph from DFG guidelines, and it's all gibberish. Only a dumb-ass pol in Sacramento could come up with something so ass-backwards.

Trollin a bottom bouncer for halibooot and pitching another to the cover/structure. That's when I have 2 in te drink. Smile

23ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Empty Re: ILLEGAL TO FISH IN LB MARINAS? Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:

you can legally fish with two poles from a pier or jetty, not sure about the surf,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum