FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My First Day On A Float Tube--One Respectable Largemouth!!

+3
Docrunner
HEADCASE881
blues4bill
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Very Happy Thumbs Up Well, my ODC 420 arrived via Fed-Ex
at about 2:30pm. I pumped it up and started working on mounting my rack and then said, I
can do this another day...I just want to get out on the water and wet some lures. So about
4:30 I headed out to the nearest gravel pit(5 miles) and launched the silver bullet! Man was
I pleased with the way it handled and the seat
felt as comfortable as my easy chair at home! I
was cool as a cuke even though it was 94 degrees
with about 85% humidity,(that puts the heat index well over 100.and there was no wind to speak of. I put in at the swim beach and about a dozen people said "neat raft"!!) I don't think they had ever seen a float tube before. After about 35 minutes of tossing a shallow running clown colored Rapalla I got a hit that about took the reel out of my hands! I started to play the fish and reached for my Flip Cam that was in a pocket and in a zip lok bag. I got it out and started filming with one hand while trying to bring in the fish with the other! What a RODEO!! Anyway, it was a nice 18+ inch largemouth and I have it all on film! I guess I'll have to get someone here offboard to post it for me as I still haven't qualified to be responsible enough to do such a thing! WTF?
This fact is really getting annoying. I have been a fisherman for over 55 years and I was writing Basic code before Windows was even around (1978), I have at least 25 posts and I can't upload a video?? What up with this?? Someone please fill me in!! No one as of yet can even say how many posts I need to earn that "privilege"?? I know, my spelling sucks but so does most everyone elses these days.
Who cares? I don't! Rather than getting all hot and bothered I'll just say..I had a GREAT day float tubing!! Sure would like to show you my footage.

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Its not based on post its how long you have participated in the forum its like a seven-ten day period befor u can post pics maybe jeff will give u a hand with putting up ur pics i know when i first started i would just email them to him

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

blues4bill wrote: Very Happy Thumbs Up Well, my ODC 420 arrived via Fed-Ex
at about 2:30pm. I pumped it up and started working on mounting my rack and then said, I
can do this another day...I just want to get out on the water and wet some lures. So about
4:30 I headed out to the nearest gravel pit(5 miles) and launched the silver bullet! Man was
I pleased with the way it handled and the seat
felt as comfortable as my easy chair at home! I
was cool as a cuke even though it was 94 degrees
with about 85% humidity,(that puts the heat index well over 100.and there was no wind to speak of. I put in at the swim beach and about a dozen people said "neat raft"!!) I don't think they had ever seen a float tube before. After about 35 minutes of tossing a shallow running clown colored Rapalla I got a hit that about took the reel out of my hands! I started to play the fish and reached for my Flip Cam that was in a pocket and in a zip lok bag. I got it out and started filming with one hand while trying to bring in the fish with the other! What a RODEO!! Anyway, it was a nice 18+ inch largemouth and I have it all on film! I guess I'll have to get someone here offboard to post it for me as I still haven't qualified to be responsible enough to do such a thing! WTF?
This fact is really getting annoying. I have been a fisherman for over 55 years and I was writing Basic code before Windows was even around (1978), I have at least 25 posts and I can't upload a video?? What up with this?? Someone please fill me in!! No one as of yet can even say how many posts I need to earn that "privilege"?? I know, my spelling sucks but so does most everyone elses these days.
Who cares? I don't! Rather than getting all hot and bothered I'll just say..I had a GREAT day float tubing!! Sure would like to show you my footage.

on the water 2 hours after delivery? not bad...

Congrats on the new tube! I bet people were envious of how cool you were in that heat! My folks are in Chicago, and I hear it's scorching hot! You have my email.. you can upload your video to youtube and email me the embed code, and I'll post it for you.

Welcome to the Madness!! geek

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

HEADCASE881 wrote:Its not based on post its how long you have participated in the forum its like a seven-ten day period befor u can post pics maybe jeff will give u a hand with putting up ur pics i know when i first started i would just email them to him

yup... probably similar to our lovely California 10-day waiting period to buy a handgun! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Glad to hear you got out on the water Bill. I will be waiting to see your video.

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hi all,
I thought I would try this for posting my fish experience yesterday.
I use the Flip Share proggie that everyone gets when they buy one of these. It's always worked well to share vids with my family so maybe
it will work here?? If it doesn't turn blue or red maybe just copy and paste
it into you browser. Well see...this is just a test. I sent Docrunner
the same thing actually via Flipshare as he offered to post it for me,but since the vid exsists the "cloud" I don't know if he can,so
I came up with this idea. FLOAT TUBE FISHING RULES!! I can't wait
to get back out this evening!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey..I think it worked!!! Now I have to apologize for flaming
(mildly) about this last night. It was me, not the forum structure
or the moderators...just me. Also, as I wrote to Docrunner offboard,
the video is kinda bad in spots and even goes dark for a bit while
I set it in my lap..(Ihad to get the hooks out of the fish!!) I
didn't have my rack mounted that has my bi-pod camera mount on it, so I was
fighting this fish with one hand and filming with the other!!
What a first day with my float tube!!! I even woke up smiling this morning!! Very Happy

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Right on nice looking fish!!!!! Glad you figure it out. that lake your floating in looks awesome

WTG buddy, nice fish

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome u got one on the first time out and that spot your fishin looks bitchin

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the report and cool rant lol...why not just YouTube? I do all the time lol

Check it out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

blues4bill wrote:Hey..I think it worked!!! Now I have to apologize for flaming
(mildly) about this last night. It was me, not the forum structure
or the moderators...just me. Also, as I wrote to Docrunner offboard,
the video is kinda bad in spots and even goes dark for a bit while
I set it in my lap..(Ihad to get the hooks out of the fish!!) I
didn't have my rack mounted that has my bi-pod camera mount on it, so I was
fighting this fish with one hand and filming with the other!!
What a first day with my float tube!!! I even woke up smiling this morning!! Very Happy

Nice!! Where is this? (so I can poach your spot from thousands of miles away lol! )

No.. actually, I'm orig midwest, so just curious.

Re. video. I got it just this AM. Unfortunately, my work is super-paranoid-secure, so many computers have an insane firewall and no flash. But, I watched it on my phone. Very cool to see you so stoked for your first float tube fish!!

I agree with Lok.. I think the best is to just post the link like you did, or upload it to YouTube. Then, you can click share. You'll get a link, just like your flip link. BUT... to the right of that link, there is a button that says "EMBED", this will give you a little HTML blurb you can cut-n-paste directly into you FLOAT TUBE FORUM post. This will make a clickable screenshot... like the example Lok posted.

Re. cameras. Yeah, it'd be good to get that camera mounted somewhere. I use my head. This way I sort of have 2 1/2 hands, and I can use my noggin to sort of adjust the view while I use both my hands to struggle with my fish. ha ha

The flips are nice.. but I thought I read somewhere that they are no longer supported by Cisco? I'm not sure.. there are zillions of them out there, so they probably aren't going anywhere for a long time. BUT, if you are making a wish-list, you might want to look at the GoPros. The last generation Hero1, is falling in price, new on Amazon... and they are even cheaper on EBay. They are much easier to mount anywhere, and waterproof, and they have aspect ratios that are a bit taller which are good for hat mounting or on a tube. Plus, the uber-cool gopro wide-angle view is nice. You may notice that the flip view is a bit narrow, and it's easy to miss stuff that is half on/half off the screen. Another cheap option is the Kodak Playsport. It's similar to the flip, but it is waterproof and easy to use. The newest one on Amazon is the ZX5, but the older generation, the ZX3, has a better image sensor. Both are still sold new everywhere.

Ok.. sorry for the tech geek rambling...

Nice video.. keep them coming!! Thumbs Up

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you're insane.. salute
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
you're insane.. salute
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Imagine if i drink and fish! lol Twisted Evil

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lets do this drinking and fishing its when i do my best work

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice bass you got there wtg man Thumbs Up you know they do make camera mounts lol Smile

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

17My First Day On A Float Tube--One Respectable Largemouth!! Empty re:My First Day On A Float Tube Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 pm

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks for the compliment and the information. Ya, next thing
they will be putting little threaded holes in the bottoms of
cameras just for attaching those mounts to! Razz ! No,seriously,my tube went from
box to the water in two hours, I didn't take
the time to mount the rack mod I have built already,
and I'm glad I didn't! After floating on water
instead of my garage floor I decided a few
tweaks were in order to help with camera shake.
Got er' done now though. If I get wet tonight
I'll be fishing with both hands almost like a
REAL fisherman. affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum