FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 11:32 am

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing knots which one do u use???

+8
Tubinferbass
blues4bill
.:LOLLY:.
Leakytube
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
Aquaholic38
n2deepfsw
bassfishing24/7
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Fishing knots which one do u use??? Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Id like to know if theres any good knots that are pretty easy but effefctive.I usually go w the berkely braid knot or Palomar.ive had a couple of lost fish due to bad knots...lmk what u guys got. Thumbs Up

2Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Trilene knot, easy and one of the best.

3Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

palomar, works with all types od lines

4Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:03 pm

TOJIACK FLOATMAN

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Trilene Knot up to 8Lb. test and Palomar for heavier line. Tips to reduce knot breakage is to keep the knot wet when drawing it down tight to keep from burning the line causing failure under pressure. This is THE GOLDEN RULE for flourocarbon lines as is a more prominant issue with this line. Another is to be sure on lines where the lines are coiled such as the Trilene knot is to keep even tension when pulling the knot tight so that the coils nearest the hardware are as tight as those on the tag end. No shifting of the coils or cross stacking of the line or the Gremlins will seek you out when the Big Kahuna Tuna comes calling . Also remember to retie when catching large or toothy fish as well or after pulling off a snag .

5Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks like I will stick w the Palomar knot since im useing braid.

6Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:36 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Improved Clinch Knot works for me Very Happy

also this web page show a bunch of knots I put it up before but here it is again Its kinda cool because its animated step by step

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.wmcinc.com

7Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you said you use braid. Whether it's straight braid or a leader I always use the Improved clinch knot for my lure. Uni to uni from braid to mono/floro

8Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty re:Fishing Knots Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 am

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I am sort of lazy about learning
new knots...I use Improved Clinch
for monofiliments and a Nail Knot
for Fly Line to Leader (I know it's
an outdated knot but I have never
had one let loose that I can recall)
I use a cocktail straw instead of an
actual nail and I go through the tube,
I think that is still considered a Nail Knot??? Sometimes I buy Cortland brand fly line that has the little wire eyelet included that slips inside the fly line (they work too and add a tiny bit of forward weight to the line) Yes, the elitists will say that is junk and wouldn't be
caught dead with one on their high
priced gear. I just buy affordable gear and consistantly out catch those Dandy's with the $3000.00 split bamboo rods and I smile all the way home!! I can replace my whole Fly Rod setup (rod,reel,backing,line and leader for around $155.00)
Oh, and I don't carry a bobbin & holder with me in the field is another reason I like the Nail Knot.
These two knots are good for guys with
bad eyesight and arthritic fingers like me!! Just my humble opinion.

9Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Leakytube wrote:Improved Clinch Knot works for me Very Happy

also this web page show a bunch of knots I put it up before but here it is again Its kinda cool because its animated step by step

cool site! and its got a phone app Smile
I wonder if it works w/any smart phone or only iphone

10Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

san diego jam knot! o man is it strong. I started using when I threw 10 inc swimaits.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

11Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty re: Fishing knots which one do you use?? Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 am

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I feel compelled to apologize for my previous post where I refer to people
that have more money than I do (which
is almost everyone) as "elitists" and
"Dandies". I feel my core motive for saying those things was pure and simple jealosy and for that I am not
proud. People who spend more money
for whatever reason, on FISHING, should be commended for not spending money on much more "evil" things.
As I age, I find myself slipping into habits that are somewhat "ornery" and
judgemental, and for that, I am truley
sorry and will try to do better. OK,that makes me feel a bit better about myself and hopefully will help
anyone I may have offended feel better as well.
Peace to all and have a great weekend,hopefully Float-Tube Fishing!
Embarassed Smile

12Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:23 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I don't have the brain power to remember tons of knots. I mainly know palomar and improved clinch.

For braid to mono, I was using an albright, but that knot seems a bit fat going thru the guides. I might switch over to the uni-uni.

Waxon and Lok both showed me the san diego jam knot, and that looks super fast and easy... but so fast, I didn't catch it! I need
to watch more youtube videos and practice it. Looks like a good go-to knot for on the water.

good topic.. study

13Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Since I love the topic of knots I always will have something to say. I now use the jam knot on lures and if fluro is invoved I have moved to the double uni. The uni to uni for connecting lines of different diameters is always a good choice. However a grinner knot is the most reliable for braid to fluro or mono because it can not possibly cut into itself by design as the uni to uni can -however unlikely. For the class we are fishing these knots we are all using are all good choices.

14Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:06 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanx again for adding more input guys,Im gonna give the sd jammer a try,hopefully my patience will bare with it...seems a bit much for str8 braid but ill give it a shot!

And jay no need for YouTube,u can view the animated step by step in the link posted by leakytube Thumbs Up

Last edited by bassfishing24/7 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

15Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:
And jay no need for YouTube,u can view the animated step by step in the link posted by aquaholic Thumbs Up

I don't see the san diego jam knot on that site.

16Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
bassfishing24/7 wrote:
And jay no need for YouTube,u can view the animated step by step in the link posted by aquaholic Thumbs Up

oh sorry,u can go to netknots.com

FYI the sd jammer is a bit tricky with braid...im gonna stick to palomar....

17Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
bassfishing24/7 wrote:

I didnt posted. leaky tube did =) I wanna know if the app works on any smart phone. Like jay, im not a knot memory guy.

18Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 pm

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

double loop Palomar every time...

19Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:48 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:Thanx again for adding more input guys,Im gonna give the sd jammer a try,hopefully my patience will bare with it...seems a bit much for str8 braid but ill give it a shot!

And jay no need for YouTube,u can view the animated step by step in the link posted by leakytube Thumbs Up

Edit: Fixed...

20Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Palomar knot for bassin, Improved clinch knot for troutin', nail knot and blood knot for fly fishing.

fishslayer wrote:double loop Palomar every time...

Never heard of this double loop palomar. Got a link on how to tie it?

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

21Fishing knots which one do u use??? Empty Re: Fishing knots which one do u use??? Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

try these

http://www.wmcinc.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum