FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

totally new with questions

+7
Chomps
ed5000x
Lok Dog
Hammer 4
kg562
bassfishing24/7
tjflyfisher
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1totally new with questions Empty totally new with questions Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 pm

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

hi guys

im totally new to the float tube scene
i recieved a float tube for a b day gift
and i have a few questions for anyone who might know

i was given a creek company u boat 2000
super combo and was just wondering about a couple of things about it

can i wear waist waders in a boat like this?? only reason i ask is i already have them obviosly a pfd will be on board with me always but if i need to buy chest waders does anyone know where to get some reasonably priced ones in size L ?
next is should i instantly upgrade the fins or do the ones that come with the combo work ok ??

thanks for any info guys
tjflyfisher

2totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome,and yes I would recommend chest waders since u will be sitting lower in a u style float tube,i have some size large for sale if ur interested.as for Fins,I also recommend upgrading to some dive fins.

3totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i would recommend chest waders cause having waist waders will probably get you wet, the fins will work but dive fins are recommended for more thrust

4totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

kg562 wrote:i would recommend chest waders cause having waist waders will probably get you wet, the fins will work but dive fins are recommended for more thrust

Ditto. You can get chest waders at Sports Chalet for around 50.00, as for fins, welp, everyone has their own ideas about them. I like longer dive fins, as they get you going faster, and for long kicks it's easier to maintain a good speed vs shorter fins. The downside to longer fins is, it take more energy to get you going, and they are as maneuverable as shorter fins. If your able to try both, then make your choice.

5totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

chest waders,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

6totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes to all above and come your eye out for the work shop thats going to be in September

7totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Yes to all above and come your eye out for the work shop thats going to be in September

I think he's in Central Cali. Wink

8totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What kind of fins that came with the combo are they like a slip on over the heel kind? I think the one that came with it should work fine you don't really wanna spend extra money on it and come to find out that you don't really like float tubing and for the waders I say chest high but I don't use any waders at all the only reason is be cause I like to pee freely Red Smile

9totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Yes to all above and come your eye out for the work shop thats going to be in September

I think he's in Central Cali. Wink

well he has plenty of time to get here lol

10totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome,
breathable chest waders are your best bet. They usually run around $100. I have dive fins which are Bat F1 fins. They are alittle pricey but they have stainless steel heel bands with rubber heel protectors. You will also want to buy some fin savers for $20 to protect you from loosing a fin in the water.

11totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums lots of info here and u dont need to buy the most expensive stuff get what fits u for your needs i have $50 neoprean waders iv had for 5 or 6 years now and i have a pair of wally world $20 snorkling fins that iv had over 8 years but i would recommend fins that fit over waders if your goin to be wearing waders all the time

12totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:welcome to the forums lots of info here and u dont need to buy the most expensive stuff get what fits u for your needs i have $50 neoprean waders iv had for 5 or 6 years now and i have a pair of wally world $20 snorkling fins that iv had over 8 years but i would recommend fins that fit over waders if your goin to be wearing waders all the time

Re; fins fitting over your bootied waders. If plan on just wearing shorts, you can get Fin Socks, they look like neoprene 1/2 socks, they keep you from getting blisters, and allow your non adjustable fins to fit correctly.

13totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
Fisher wrote:welcome to the forums lots of info here and u dont need to buy the most expensive stuff get what fits u for your needs i have $50 neoprean waders iv had for 5 or 6 years now and i have a pair of wally world $20 snorkling fins that iv had over 8 years but i would recommend fins that fit over waders if your goin to be wearing waders all the time

Re; fins fitting over your bootied waders. If plan on just wearing shorts, you can get Fin Socks, they look like neoprene 1/2 socks, they keep you from getting blisters, and allow your non adjustable fins to fit correctly.

I have those, use them during the summer,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

14totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

I have those, use them during the summer,..

Used mine for the 1st since like over a year ago..Water was WARM at the LAB, was like bath water.. Cool

15totally new with questions Empty thanks guys Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:07 pm

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

thanks

for the great replies guys lots of great info here so i feel like im starting on the right foot with getting started

so as to waders i happened to stumble on

a pair of caddis stocking foot neoprene chest waders yesterday in my correct size 3.5 mm high back got them on clearance new in box for $29 maybe this is not a good deal i don t really know but i figure if i use them to get started i can always upgrade a while down the road and keep the caddis for loaners or if im fly fishing the sierras in winter

seeing as i have $0 in the float tube
(gift) i will have about $100 in my first float tube setup after buying fins

hopefully the uboat 2000 will be a good beginner boat anybody ever tried one and if so how did you like it ?

looking foward to attending the workshop
in september hopefully the fish will
be biting that time of year
will be great to meet some of you and learn the ropes from some seasoned vets lol

thanks for the great info guys

tjflyfisher

16totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've had the caddis waders for about a year now, so far, so good.

17totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

tjflyfisher wrote: thanks

for the great replies guys lots of great info here so i feel like im starting on the right foot with getting started

so as to waders i happened to stumble on

a pair of caddis stocking foot neoprene chest waders yesterday in my correct size 3.5 mm high back got them on clearance new in box for $29 maybe this is not a good deal i don t really know but i figure if i use them to get started i can always upgrade a while down the road and keep the caddis for loaners or if im fly fishing the sierras in winter

seeing as i have $0 in the float tube
(gift) i will have about $100 in my first float tube setup after buying fins

hopefully the uboat 2000 will be a good beginner boat anybody ever tried one and if so how did you like it ?

looking foward to attending the workshop
in september hopefully the fish will
be biting that time of year
will be great to meet some of you and learn the ropes from some seasoned vets lol

thanks for the great info guys

tjflyfisher

where did u pick up those waders from? $29? is this from a site or bought in store?

18totally new with questions Empty waders Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 pm

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i picked the waders upat my local sports authority they only had few

pairs left and just happened to have my size so i figured hey for the price ill give em a try

tjflyfisher

19totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sounds like you are almost ready just need to get you in the water.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

20totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm

sLiM562

sLiM562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

what kinda waders did you get tjflyfisher from sports authority? because im still looking for waders myself and $29 bux for some waders is a hell of a deal

https://www.facebook.com/addison.danh

21totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hey slim
these are the ones i got from sports
authority the original price tag on the box was $79.99 with the mark down price tag over the top of it at $29 i figured i couuldn t go wrong for a cheap pair of chest waders they seem to have good reviews though so im hoping to have good luck with them
time will tell im guessing

tjflyfisher

22totally new with questions Empty Re: totally new with questions Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

sLiM562

sLiM562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

nice thanks for showing me how it looks like. Now im going to see if i can find this same wader for $29 also lol Thumbs Up

https://www.facebook.com/addison.danh

23totally new with questions Empty waders Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 pm

tjflyfisher

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

go for it

you might stumble on the same deal in your area you never know

tjflyfisher

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum