FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:51 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Thu May 16, 2024 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Thu May 16, 2024 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob in the Salt 3/6/11

+4
flyfishingfool
waxon67
jeffcpr
Dano67
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:32 am

Dano67

Dano67

Ok, so now that we have had our first offical float it's time to fish again Very Happy Sunday March 6th at 6am at Newprt Harbor. Don't remember where we are meeting so someone post up where we are meeting.

Dano67

2Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Dano67 wrote:Ok, so now that we have had our first offical float it's time to fish again Very Happy Sunday March 6th at 6am at Newprt Harbor. Don't remember where we are meeting so someone post up where we are meeting.

Dano67

I'm game Dano! Let's get a solid count who can go and what day. Some said Sat was better and some said Sunday was better. I am okay with either or. We are looking to tube Newport Harbor. I have a ton a spots in NPH, but I think with the few that have never tubed the salt before, I want to keep it easy and stay in the easy areas of the harbor. I will post up a map later. Let's go tubing!

LC

3Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Have a good time guys I would like to go but I think it would be better to stay close to home next weekend. I will hit the next trip for sure, have a good time and be safe boys.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Dano67

Dano67

LC,

Im game for either day also. Lets see what the consensus is and go from there. Jeff, as our self appointed ring leader, we have to get you more hall passes with unlimited time associate with them Very Happy

5Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have to say I'm out at this point. But if I can chime in last minute that would be cool...just in case things change for me this week?

6Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:46 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano67 wrote:LC,

Im game for either day also. Lets see what the consensus is and go from there. Jeff, as our self appointed ring leader, we have to get you more hall passes with unlimited time associate with them Very Happy

Good luck I wish it was possible it is easier for me to have a few weeks notice. We should be setting up our next gathering that is going to be in the salt. If you guys don't mind I will set it up just have to figure out what day is better. As for this trip good luck boys, Dano you get me a good hall pass and I will find you some nice pink spandex. green happy

7Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 am

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:

Good luck I wish it was possible it is easier for me to have a few weeks notice. We should be setting up our next gathering that is going to be in the salt. If you guys don't mind I will set it up just have to figure out what day is better. As for this trip good luck boys, Dano you get me a good hall pass and I will find you some nice pink spandex. green happy
now that's an offer I can't refuse Smile

8Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

a little too soon for me guys.

I'm thinking in a around the end of march. Get one in before the spottie event in april.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

9Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i would love to go but my wife work week ends and i have the kids
and i cant buy 5 more tubes lol

10Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:i would love to go but my wife work week ends and i have the kids
and i cant buy 5 more tubes lol
you would look like a family of ducks! Very Happy

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

11Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:22 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[quote="ed5000x"]i would love to go but my wife work week ends and i have the kids
and i cant buy 5 more tubes lol[/quot

uh....no comment. Twisted Evil

12Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 am

Dano67

Dano67

OK, Besides LC and I, who else is going? LC, if its just us do you want to change to Saturday?

13Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am

Dano67 wrote:OK, Besides LC and I, who else is going? LC, if its just us do you want to change to Saturday?

Ya it looks like it may just be you and I. If so, I'd rather go on Saturday. We do have another pending storm front the next few days or so. I just heard about it. Pending conditions change in the next couple of days, we can figure out the game plan.

Where's all the tubers at??? I know a few have family obligations. When are you guys available to tube the salt? Maybe if Jeff has time, he can figure out a day and post up a new thread for the "Salt Bobbers Session" LOL!

14Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:30 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey guys anyone else able to hit the salt with these guys. Two great guys fun to fish with let them know.
As for the Salt Bobbers session its in the works as we speak. Twisted Evil

15Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:40 am

jeffcpr wrote:Hey guys anyone else able to hit the salt with these guys. Two great guys fun to fish with let them know.
As for the Salt Bobbers session its in the works as we speak. Twisted Evil

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! bounce bounce bounce Thanks Jeff!

16Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No problem me and Flyfishingfool will get something going for the salt. You guys have a safe trip and let us know how it goes.

17Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Thanks Jeff we will!!! LC, you still have my number or you want me to send it over again? Saturday is much better for me, as early as you want!!!! I am so set for this, Im going to BPS right now to get some special stuff.

18Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:

Jeff, You need to come to dinner and have my wife try and soften her up. That could work Very Happy Very Happy

19Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Are you guys going to use squid or anchoives or shrimp
Or just Lures
Just Wondering cause i only caught fishs one time with a lure
and i been trying to use more lure lately

20Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Dano67

Dano67

ed5000x wrote:Are you guys going to use squid or anchoives or shrimp
Or just Lures

OOe[list=1][*]
I'm using fly's and jeff recommended swimbaits alien

21Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:46 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Are you guys going to use squid or anchoives or shrimp
Or just Lures

OOe[list=1][*]
I'm using fly's and jeff recommended swimbaits alien
are you take the fish finder too
man i wish i could just go and take some note

22Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:55 pm

I always fish artificials anywhere and everywhere. I don't fish bait unless I'm out for big yellows or tuna. Even then I love throwing the irons. We should really do well this weekend if conditions hold up. Dano is fly fishing the bay which I have never done. I will be fishing my baitcast and my spinning outfit when needed. Should be real fun! Or REEL Fun!? Very Happy

23Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool Cant Wait To See Your Picture Or Video Of Your Day In The Salt Very Happy

24Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I always fish artificials anywhere and everywhere. I don't fish bait unless I'm out for big yellows or tuna. Even then I love throwing the irons. We should really do well this weekend if conditions hold up. Dano is fly fishing the bay which I have never done. I will be fishing my baitcast and my spinning outfit when needed. Should be real fun! Or REEL Fun!? Very Happy
I'm going to sponge some of your knowledge on this artificial thing. Looks like it works well!!!

25Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Empty Re: Bob in the Salt 3/6/11 Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 am

Dano67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I always fish artificials anywhere and everywhere. I don't fish bait unless I'm out for big yellows or tuna. Even then I love throwing the irons. We should really do well this weekend if conditions hold up. Dano is fly fishing the bay which I have never done. I will be fishing my baitcast and my spinning outfit when needed. Should be real fun! Or REEL Fun!? Very Happy
I'm going to sponge some of your knowledge on this artificial thing. Looks like it works well!!!

Sure thing! If you have your pink spandex, anything for you! Wink Shocked

So it looks like just you and I for tomorrow. Are you going to fish the fly? I would say bring a baitcast and or spinning out fit with 6LB line. I have you covered on baits and tackle. Tide looks decent for Saturday:

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 5 Low 3:06 AM 0.7 6:15 AM Rise 6:20 AM 0
5 High 9:09 AM 4.8 5:51 PM Set 6:56 PM
5 Low 3:22 PM 0.2
5 High 9:35 PM 4.7

Since it's just you and I, let me figure out where to meet and I will let you know. PM me your phone number Dano!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum