FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to tubing

+5
ShoreBucket
jeffcpr
JsFishSlayer
Fisher
Idratherbefishing
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to tubing Empty New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 am

Idratherbefishing

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Whats up everyone im new to tubing ive only been fishing for about a year and i wanted to go out on the open water and i couldnt always afford to rent a boat so i decided to get a float tube. Im probably going to make my first time on the water at corona lake just waiting to get some waders as soon as possible and ill be cruising in a Togiak Float Tube. If you have any suggestions on what to do and what not to do on 1st day?

Tight Lines
-Edgar

2New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i would make sure everything u need u have before u get out there and have fun and watch for boaters

3New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome to the site! I'm fairly new here too, just browse around, and read some of the topics and threads here, there's lots of information to get you setup just right. Make sure you have everything before getting out. The fishing will always be there.

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

4New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the site buddy glad you found us. My suggestion for your first trip out is to double check your gear is all there before you leave. I learned this the hard way when I got to big bear on my second ever trip and I had everything but my fishing license DOOOH!
Good luck have fun.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

X2 what these guys said. Load up the night before if you can so that way you don't forget anything. Fish lic., tube, waders, fins, rods and tackle

6New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

ShoreBucket

ShoreBucket
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the addicts hangout, "the tug is the drug", its always a wealth of knowledge when you get to meet up with some of the members on this site, i've only been off the shore since Dec, but got "real" info for my first few trips out from experienced members. Post up when you're going out, it's very likely somebody from here will be going out too. Fish On!!

7New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just a suggestion though: if you're new, and starting out, on calm water, you can stay out there as long as you want. But if you're on choppy water, or not used to scuba diving/snorkeling long period of time, try not to be on the water for more than 4 hours. You'll have a bad case of motion sickness, as well as plenty of muscle cramps like you wouldn't believe. Stretch out real well, at least 15 minutes, on all your lower body muscle groups. Don't kick intensely for more than 5 minutes at a time. Make sure to pay attention to your muscles when kicking to achieve maximum thrust, while minimize using too much strength. It's all about your kicking techniques/angles.

Take lots and lots of photos!

8New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:32 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Also inflate your tube the day before. Check for any leaks. Dont want to get out on the lake to find you have a leak and no patches. Its happen twice to me. So im well prepared now. I double check and carry a quick patch kit. No disappointments when your're prepared. Easy on the paddling it'll take you a few minutes to acclimate. Carry water and energy snacks to help push you thru if fatigue begins to overcome you. Overall you will be amazed on the luxury of float tubing. Good luck, Brotha!! Tight lines.

9New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 am

dfroggy54

dfroggy54
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the site! Plenty of knowedgable, great fisherman in here. Im a newby to the site as well.. I suggest making a checklist, like on your phone, thats what I do. Make sure everything is charged, go pro, phone, LED stuff etc.

My thing is hydration- I tend not to bring jugs if im in open water, maybe I would if im in a lake. Oranges and bananas for potassium(Bananas only eaten before you head out(so no bad juju on the tube))and are great for reduced crampage Thumbs Up

10New to tubing Empty Re: New to tubing Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum man.
Best forum around.
Can't really give u any tubing advice as the others have covered pretty much everything.
Just have fun and stay safe

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum