FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Ogurr38 Today at 4:42 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Algonquin Park in August, With or without waders?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gedaggett

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey Guys,

New to the site. I am headed to Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada in August for a 6 day backpacking trip and will be taking my Tube and travel Gear targeting Lakers, Brooks, and Small-mouth. My question is that with my pack being at about 50 lbs I am trying to cut weight where ever possible. My float tube weighs 4.1 lbs tackle is about 2.5lbs, Rods with reels is about 2.8 lbs. My waders are the question. Should I take them or not. The guys I am going with say the water it fine and I don't need them but none of them have fished for 4 hours from a tube. I want to be as comfortable on the water as possible to maximize my time out there and which is why I thought to bring them. They are about 2.5 lbs and neoprene. What is your opinion on it. My fins will work well with or without the waders. Water temps at the surface will be between 70 and 78 degrees (or so I'm told). So what do you think?

Sincerely,

Gary

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Since you're going to be with your buddies, let me give you a different perspective. You said they're not taking waders but you're thinking about taking yours just in case. Lets say that it turns out that the water is indeed too cold after a long period of time. So, after a few hours of fishing your buddies decide that they can't take the water temps any more and decide to get out of the water. Will you keep fishing solo or get out because they're getting out? Me personally, I would get out because I don't like fishing solo...

gedaggett

FTFF Gathering Officer

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Since you're going to be with your buddies, let me give you a different perspective. You said they're not taking waders but you're thinking about taking yours just in case. Lets say that it turns out that the water is indeed too cold after a long period of time. So, after a few hours of fishing your buddies decide that they can't take the water temps any more and decide to get out of the water. Will you keep fishing solo or get out because they're getting out? Me personally, I would get out because I don't like fishing solo...

Good thought. One of the guys going with me will have his tube aswell and he is a die hard angler who is used to fishing small streams in the new Mexico desert for trout where the water is often in the low 40's and he would spend hours in it. I know i will have at least 1 buddy with me and I am confident on the water solo aswell. I will be getting up at crack of dawn and fishing till breakfast around 8.30 or 9. Then after hiking will be out for a couple hours in the evening (unless the lake we are at does not present good conditions.)

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i wouldnt bring them but if your goin to fish other places u might want to just in case the water temps r diff

gedaggett

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just found out 4 of us will be bringing Float tubes! we will be a regular Regatta of Float Fisherman. I will ask the other guys what they are going to do. The other option I have is a 2mm neoprene body suit (for jet skiing in lake Michigan) it is half the weight and would still provide good warmth more my core. I will just have to go to my local spot and try it with them and with regular trunks on.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Core temp regulation is good, if you also have feet covering booties. If your feet are bare, the nerves creates more painful issues than lowered body core temp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum