FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Ogurr38 Today at 3:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Guy with an odd situation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Guy with an odd situation Empty New Guy with an odd situation Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:02 pm

GW Sears

GW Sears
FTFF Gathering Officer

I inherited a float tube, wet suit, and Caddis step in fins from from a friend of mine when his health got so bad that he could no longer fish. I finally retired, and want to try out fishing from a float tube. He has since passed away, and I can't ask him about his footwear.

Is a wet suit compatible with step in fins? I have my doubts about that, but my feet are so wide that they alone fill the foot cavity on the fins from side to side, and a shoe would be too wide. I realize that the ideal solution is better fins, but until I find out if float tubes are for me, I don't want to put any more money into this than necessary.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated, as I am pretty clueless at this stage.

2New Guy with an odd situation Empty Re: New Guy with an odd situation Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Welcome to the boards! The wetsuit has nothing to do with how the fins fit, it's in the footwear. Caddis fins are typically used with wading boots but any cheapy snorkeling/diving fins can get the job done. If you want to use those step in fins, I would recommend some wading boots, water shoes, or at the very least some fin socks.

3New Guy with an odd situation Empty Re: New Guy with an odd situation Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums put on the wet suit and then put your fins on and kick in the air if there loose then get some water socks if they fit fine then they will work

4New Guy with an odd situation Empty Re: New Guy with an odd situation Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 am

GW Sears

GW Sears
FTFF Gathering Officer

Fisher wrote:welcome to the forums put on the wet suit and then put your fins on and kick in the air if there loose then get some water socks if they fit fine then they will work
I did what you suggested, and the fins stay on, although I wonder how comfortable they will be in the long run. The back strap on the fins has a pronounced seam and I worry about it chafing the wet suit. I will wrap the strap with several layers of duct tape as a precaution.

Thanks.

5New Guy with an odd situation Empty Re: New Guy with an odd situation Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:16 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Might look funny, but try putting a thick pair of socks over the wetsuit. I've known guys to wear old tennis shoes over stocking foot waders. What kind of tube did you inherit?

6New Guy with an odd situation Empty Re: New Guy with an odd situation Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm

GW Sears

GW Sears
FTFF Gathering Officer

It's a Buck's Bag Bullet. The more I look at it, the fewer times that I think it has been used. There is no grit or sand in any of the crevices or seams, and everything is pristine. Even the anchor is unmarred.

The anchor looks like this one, except that it has a 4" length of sash chain between anchor and line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It has the brand name "Wood River" on its deployment bag, for whatever that's worth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum