FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 11:32 am

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you store your tube

+9
bodfish
dayhut
TheAsianGuy
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
.:LOLLY:.
Hammer 4
wiseguy
Hookem562
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you store your tube  Empty How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Hookem562

Hookem562
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

How do you after a session hanged up? In a bag??? Just want to know I took my tube out for the first time caught a Hali and a bass came home clean it with freshwater and let it dry now what??? Thanks for the help

2How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:15 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I hang mine on my garage wall semi inflated, DO NOT leave it fully inflated.Evil or Very Mad 

3How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Semi inflated, I set up against the wall, with the nose pointing upwards...Wink 

4How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I completely deflate mine and I either leave it in the back of my truck with the tonneau cover closed or else I'll fold it up and put it in the garage on a shelf.

5How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you cant figure out what to do with it, pack it up and ship it to me Red Smile 

6How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got a big duffle bag for mine

7How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:32 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I deflate mine and put it in a outcast bag and stored inside the garage

8How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Best to hang it until it's dried, 1/2 to 3/4 inflated, which takes about 2 to 3 days depending on the environment where you're hanging it. Then deflated and pack for storage.

If you are limited on room, wash, and quickly dry the entire thing inside and out with a beach towel. I still caution you to let it air for a day before stuffing it somewhere. Not good to have internal bladder and lining remain damp for too long. Not good for plastics.

FloatTubeCharlie likes this post

9How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great info, folks! Thanks.

How about short term, in-season use. Just partially deflate and hang on the wall?

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

10How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:55 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey guys,
fully inflated, hanging on the wall in my garage.

bodfish

PS . Hey wiseguy, why are you opposed to storing it fully inflated? What am I missing? Man I hope it isn't serious…. been doing it forever...

11How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:41 pm

TOJIACK FLOATMAN

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You leave it partially inflated to allow it to expand and contract with the seasonal temps . if you have it fully inflated and hang it in a garage that gets hot it can raise the pressure signifigantly which is stressful on the tubes and valves . Underinflated to the point of being deflated and the bags will crease and wrinkle which can create pinch points inside of the canvas that can possibly weaken the tube where pinched . You hang it to keep it away from a possible mouse attacks or coming in contact with something sharp already on the garage floor . By keeping it partly inflated everything stays in is place and is at its best pressure if transporting in a vehicle where it can get quite hot if left to set on a hot summer day . Cars and enclosed truck beds with campers can easily reach temps of near 140 degrees inside on a summer day of around 95 degrees if the vehicle is parked for even brief periods of time with the windows and doors closed .

12How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

After fishing I rinse or wash my tube off and let it sit vertically like this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After it feels dry I store it on a wooden shelve about half or three quarters full like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can visibly see a 30 degree swing in temperature. That's why I store it partially inflated.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

13How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fresh water guys guys please stop rinsing your tubes off we are in a drought there really is no need to rinse off something with water when it sits in water even in salt water i dont rinse it off anymore cuz i found out it does nothing but waste water

14How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 am

Fisher wrote:fresh water guys guys please stop rinsing your tubes off we are in a drought there really is no need to rinse off something with water when it sits in water even in salt water i dont rinse it off anymore cuz i found out it does nothing but waste water  

X2, I only rinse my waders off and my tube once in a blue moon.

15How do you store your tube  Empty Re: How do you store your tube Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Deflate or it wont fit in my car, then i take it to the garage and put it in the box it came in, but i have a toon so its pretty big

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum