FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

FF battery ideas -Help

+2
smith's handpoured baits
waxon67
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FF battery ideas -Help Empty FF battery ideas -Help Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok MB I jumped on the Lowrence Mark5x FF from Craig's list. Brand new and sealed in package. Good deal for sure! But now I am looking at battery options. I know LC has a system he likes. I was wondering if I could run a 12v from a cordless drill? Anyone want to hold my hand on this one? bounce

2FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:58 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

waxon67 wrote:Ok MB I jumped on the Lowrence Mark5x FF from Craig's list. Brand new and sealed in package. Good deal for sure! But now I am looking at battery options. I know LC has a system he likes. I was wondering if I could run a 12v from a cordless drill? Anyone want to hold my hand on this one? bounce
Shocked
not if you have any thing electric in the other hand!!
jocolor

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

3FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

smith's handpoured baits wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Ok MB I jumped on the Lowrence Mark5x FF from Craig's list. Brand new and sealed in package. Good deal for sure! But now I am looking at battery options. I know LC has a system he likes. I was wondering if I could run a 12v from a cordless drill? Anyone want to hold my hand on this one? bounce
Shocked
not if you have any thing electric in the other hand!!
jocolor
lol

4FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would use one of these Wax.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or for a quick and cheap option, hook up two of those 6V square lantern batteries from wal-mart in sieres to get 12V. These are the things I've used before. Ask Dano, I have the 2-6V set up on my boat right now. They last quite a long time, u would be surprised. But it's not the best long term option. For that get the rechargable, it's the best tube option period I think.

As far as the 12V from a drill, I'm not really sure. Don't want u to burn up ur new unit, so I'm gonna have to defer to someone else.

I can only vouch for what I've used.
Not sure why it wouldn't work, and those FF run on a wide range of voltages. Some go from 6-14V witch is huge, but I think the amps are more important.

Sorry Wax just can't say yes on the drill battery for sure buddy.

Congrats on the new tool by the way!! Great purchase and good deal!!

5FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 am

Dano67

Dano67

I have used drill motor batteries in the past, lithium ion 12v but have really not used them with eletronics. LC I think deals with battery issues all the time....Maybe he will chime in Very Happy

6FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 am

I run my sounder on my tube from a Lithium Polymer battery. The reason is I have a ton of them from work and they are super light. Waxon, you can run your drill battery for sure. However, I think on a drill battery (depends on what type of battery) will have 3 contacts. 2 are polarity tabs and one is a neutral ground tab if the battery is a Lithium Ion. The other thing you want to look for is the MAH rating on the battery. If the MAH is any less than 2000mah, it is not worth using on your FF. At 2000mah your unit will most likely drain the pack in about 2 or less hours. All the sounders not have a power rating of something like 10V to 18V. Check your FF to see what the ratings are. The most effective and inexpensive way I found is to use 12V motorcycle batteries. The chargers can be purchased for $20 bucks and the batteries can vary from $20 bucks to $60 depends on size and mah. The only down side to these batteries is the weight. They can be a bit heavy. I run small Lithium Polymer batteries in about 5000mah. I can stay on the water for about 8 hours on one charge. I do have extra batteries and if you are interested, I can set you up with a couple of batteries and a charger. Your sounder should have an option to display the battery voltage on the screen. Let me know what route you want to go. I'm sure we can figure out something.

LC

7FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

small and light is always tops on my list LC. If you can help me get set up that way it would be great!

8FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 am

Dano67

Dano67

LC,

I need a lighter setup for my batteries. I am using the heavy motorcycle battery. What d you have in that gear arsenal of yours?

9FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh Oh LC, the orders are piling up. hehehehe

10FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:07 pm

waxon67 wrote:small and light is always tops on my list LC. If you can help me get set up that way it would be great!

Let me see what I can do to get a few batteries and chargers for you guys. Will need an afternoon at one of your houses or my house to rig the plug for the power wire. Maybe we can go to Dano's place then fish MV!! Very Happy Very Happy

11FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Dano67 wrote:LC,

I need a lighter setup for my batteries. I am using the heavy motorcycle battery. What d you have in that gear arsenal of yours?

I got ya covered. I just need an afternoon or an hour or so at wherever the fish finder is at to rig the battery plug. I have a set up for you. Maybe we can do it at your house then fish MVL WOO HOO! or fish Lake Forest Lakes until we get tossed out haha! Very Happy

12FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It all sounds good to me! This will be much appreciated!

13FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:small and light is always tops on my list LC. If you can help me get set up that way it would be great!

Let me see what I can do to get a few batteries and chargers for you guys. Will need an afternoon at one of your houses or my house to rig the plug for the power wire. Maybe we can go to Dano's place then fish MV!! Very Happy Very Happy

Ok that is a deal. My house for the chargefest then up the street to the lake for some fishin in the pond. We could even fish and BBQ some burgers and fish some more (Lake is really close and I like to fish)

14FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Dano67

Dano67

What is Lake Forest Lake and when can we fish it and what is in there and what time is good to fish it and have you fished it before and what did you use and did you float it and can we go now now now!!!!!!!

15FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 am

Dano67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Ok that is a deal. My house for the chargefest then up the street to the lake for some fishin in the pond. We could even fish and BBQ some burgers and fish some more (Lake is really close and I like to fish)

Ya you got a deal! I am always game on for BBQ! bounce Rig the tube, fish, BBQ, fish some more! Let's figure out when!

16FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 am

Dano67 wrote:What is Lake Forest Lake and when can we fish it and what is in there and what time is good to fish it and have you fished it before and what did you use and did you float it and can we go now now now!!!!!!!

Lake Forest Lakes are like 10 minutes from your house. LOL! My ex gf use to live in the perimeter of the lakes and have a pass to use the club house and the lake. It is like MVL. Houses surrounds the lake. However, the lake is not gated. You have to have a pass with you or you will get tossed out. The security rides around on a bike. I use to take her brother and sister fishing there all the time. So many bass and super FAT. Got the kids on some cats over 15 pounds and carp to 20 pounds in there. There are 2 lakes there. North and South lakes. Off Lake Forest Drive and Toledo I think. Maybe it's Serrano. Have you ever heard of Woodbridge in Irvine? Those lakes are freaking insane good!

17FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:37 am

Dano67

Dano67

Im ready for a stealth mission. Lets go!!!

18FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 am

Dano67 wrote:Im ready for a stealth mission. Lets go!!!

Screw that! You have a card to fish MVL! That is the place to fish! However, if you know anyone that lives in the Woodbridge area of Irvine, hit them up for a guess pass!! During the summer, the Buzz Bait action there is INSANE. You have got to see my fishing photos. There are Redear Bluegills in there like over 2 pounds! What a Face

19FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Im ready for a stealth mission. Lets go!!!

Yeah, time to get out the NINJA stealth spandex. Shocked

20FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:23 am

Dano67

Dano67

Pretty hard to be stealthy with my profile. Well that is unless a Rhino creaping thru the urban jungle in Irvine is stealthy Twisted Evil

21FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

Dano67 wrote:Pretty hard to be stealthy with my profile. Well that is unless a Rhino creaping thru the urban jungle in Irvine is stealthy Twisted Evil

LOL!! Dano dude, your avatar is freaking me out a bit LOL! Shocked

22FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 am

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Dano67 wrote:Pretty hard to be stealthy with my profile. Well that is unless a Rhino creaping thru the urban jungle in Irvine is stealthy Twisted Evil

Dude, thats Haratio HooDoo from Lidsville. Love his laugh!!!!That guy was crazy!! clown

23FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[/quote]

Dude, thats Haratio HooDoo from Lidsville. Love his laugh!!!!That guy was crazy!! clown [/quote]

Ha! I member that show! Ol' Sid and Marty Kroft stuff...da best! Thumbs Up

24FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:28 am

Dano67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Dude, thats Haratio HooDoo from Lidsville. Love his laugh!!!!That guy was crazy!! clown

I had no idea what it is. Looked like the Genie from Aladdin in disguise to me! LOL!

25FF battery ideas -Help Empty Re: FF battery ideas -Help Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:30 am

By the way, Dano and Tom, I have you guys covered for the FF batteries and charger. I am keeping it easy and you guys are set! Just have to solder a batter connector on your power lead on your FF and you're set!

Last edited by lagunaCOCONUT on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum