FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Ogurr38 Today at 3:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat

+10
atavuss
Gatorfan
SirMixALot
wiseguy
desertstorm28
fatboy531
Tony G Fishing
fisheromen
.:LOLLY:.
jet111
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:20 pm

jet111

jet111
FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]My cousin and I finally build our racks for our new tubes.  We wanted to use the mounting arm that came with the fish finder (Humminbird Fishin Buddy) so if we wanted we could remove it and still use it on a boat or another craft.  Our solution was to create a piece to allow us to bolt the FF mounting arm to the PVC rack.  It had to be removable and we wanted it to rotate up so when we launch the tube in and out of the water, the transducer would not be below the bottom of the tube scraping on the ground.  The Humminbird FF stays attached to the rack at all times and is horizontal to the water for launch and once floating we simply rotate it vertical to drop the transducer.  It works perfect.  (having trouble inserting images so hopefully this link works)

2New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here you go Thumbs Up 
For future reference just go to photobucket, select your image (one at a time). go to view links, and copy the one labeled "IMG" then come here and paste

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

jet111

jet111
FTFF Gathering Officer

I knew there was an easier way....thanks!

4New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No problem

5New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:52 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That is some impressive work! I love the swing-up FF mount!

6New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Jet111,

Good work on that mod for your FF!!!! also like how you matched your pipe color to your tube!! Thumbs Up 

Tony G

7New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:43 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That set up is SUPER SWEET!!!! Thanks for sharing those pics. Gives us great ideas for future builds.

8New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:54 am

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Right on man sweet ride!

9New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice setup! Matches perfectly too!

10New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:39 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im digging the swivel system on the ff mount! Are all those parts that come with that ff or can they be purchased somewhere? I'd like to try something like that with my transducer.

11New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 pm

jet111

jet111
FTFF Gathering Officer

The black cone shaped piece came with the FF. The piece I am holding in my hand in the close up photo we fabricated on a 3-D printer to join the 1/2" PVC tee with the cone-shaped FF mount.

12New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:50 am

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That's sweet

13New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:54 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sweet setup man!

14New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:37 pm

atavuss

atavuss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Super nice! What type of pipe is that?

15New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 am

jet111

jet111
FTFF Gathering Officer

It's just 1/2" PVC - nothing special (or too expensive!)

16New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow! Very nice man! And I love the color of that model! The silver and orange are really nice looking! I'm going to have to get one just for the colors!

17New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[quote="jet111"]It's just 1/2" PVC - nothing special (or too expensive!)[/quotes]
Excellent!
Aside from the FF fittings, where did you get the rod holders?

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

18New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm

jet111

jet111
FTFF Gathering Officer

@dayhut - the rod holders were purchased at Cabella's. We used a router to take off the flange of the rod holder mounting piece that came with them. This made them a cylinder in shape so they would fit in a piece of 1 1/4" PVC that was in turn attached to the rest of the 1/2" frame.

19New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jet111 wrote:@dayhut - the rod holders were purchased at Cabella's.  We used a router to take off the flange of the rod holder mounting piece that came with them.  This made them a cylinder in shape so they would fit in a piece of 1 1/4" PVC that was in turn attached to the rest of the 1/2" frame.
Cool! I'm thinking unions to make holders that pocot

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

20New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am

sonny

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Good stuff, im about to customize my own!

21New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Empty Re: New Rod Rack for Super Fat Cat Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:51 pm

sdbaybassn

sdbaybassn
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice set up man. Is it stable on the water reason I ask is cause everyone I see uses bigger size pipe and fitings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum