FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

First Trip To Sutherland

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First Trip To Sutherland Empty First Trip To Sutherland Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:23 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I missed opening day last Saturday. I don't really like the crowds on the weekend. What made matters worse, a man drowned in the lake last week. He was seen by a friend of mine, standing on his kayak. He was not wearing a PFD and he had a heart condition.

On to the report. The lake is down about two feet from where it was in October when it closed. About 4 feet lower than opener of 2013. The 3.2 inches of rain that fell last week did little to remedy the situation. Most of that must have soaked in to the parched soil. What the rain did do is stain the water. That made me tie on a white Speed Trap, which caught me three bass! A neko-rigged Chigger Craw got me two more. Missed one bite and called it a day at 10:00. Most, that I talked to, were visited by the skunk. Not wide open by any stretch.

If any of you are wondering about the Crappie bite, it is all but non-existent. Plenty of guys trying.

I know, no pics =  ZZZZZZZ 

2First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for the report and good job. Anytime we beat the skunk the fun level goes up.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Is Sutherland a lake in sd?

4First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:58 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yellowrock wrote:Is Sutherland a lake in sd?

Yeah, it's just east of Ramona.

5First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:20 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yellowrock wrote:Is Sutherland a lake in sd?

Unless, of course you mean South Dakota, then the answer is no.

Yes, Sutherland is a little lake owned by the city of San Diego. If we do not get some rain in the next couple years, it could be no more. I love to fish it!

6First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aww. Said the blind man. Anybody here hit barrette on a consistent basis? That's a lake I hear is phenomenal.

7First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:38 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Yellowrock wrote:Aww. Said the blind man. Anybody here hit barrette on a consistent basis? That's a lake I hear is phenomenal.
This ^x2.
If I all pans out, I should be getting a house near Barrett and am Looking to hit that lake often since I'll be close enough to it

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

8First Trip To Sutherland Empty Re: First Trip To Sutherland Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:58 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Barrett can be really good. I went last year for the first time and caught 11 bass in one morning. I was less than impressed. Later I heard of guys getting the skunk. For the money I can fish 4-5 times on other lakes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum