FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures!

+2
Ifishtoolittle
pngunme
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Sgt Gunner in the 'toon, waiting to go fly fishing at Echo Canyon Reservoir in Nevada [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mr Parker in the 'toon, waiting to go fly fishing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately I can't get 180lbs of Golden Retriever on my 'toon with me  Sad  so, they have to go one at a time.

Danny

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Goldens are awesome. Do you have a boy or girl? Oh and the toon is cool too. Very Happy 

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Both boys - Mr Parker is 12 - he's Sgt Gunner's (Cool uncle - Use to have only females and they were great - but males never grow up!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is cool bro I am sure the have a great time out there with you.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

You bet!

You still loving your FTF Mount?

Wade had a great idea!!! I love my mount! I helped him come up with a modification that works with the Scadden (and other) inflatable pontoons and gets it out of the way of the low oars. Puts my Pirhanamax next to my left foot (when my foot's on the crossbar) - right where I can see it and never worry about hitting it.

I don't get on here often, but I'll try to be better Smile

I'm in Nevada and only fly fish (primarily pontoon here) and wading rivers in Utah, New Mexico and (my favorite) Colorado.

Thanks for the great board !

Later bro!

Danny

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya Danny the FTF mount is the best thanks for helping out Wade. I need to contact him have not heard from him in a while. Stop by from time to we would love to hear your reports and see some pictures from your next of the woods.

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Will do Jeff!

I'm gonna try to post a couple more pictures (actually I did, but they aren't here...) - the first picture ALWAYS comes up sideways, no matter how I rotate it... tilt your head   salute  

Gunner goes with me more than Parker - Parker is 12 and he tires very quickly - here's Gunner on the back of my 'toon - dozing under my arm - my arms were too short to take this picture, but I did it anyway...

But, a day of fishing makes Gunner tired too...

I know I got offtrack... but it was worth it  Cool 

I'll try to make a habit of coming back more often - I recently bought a '78 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 and have been really busy on associated forums...

I''l be back!  Thumbs Up 

Danny

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thumbs Up cool thanks for sharing  salute 

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dogs are GREAT!

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yes, they are great - they ALWAYS want to do exactly with I want to do!  Very Happy 

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice rig... Awesome to bring the boys along. I also have a lab mix. Can't wait to have something large enough to bring him along. Them FJ's are awesome toys. Indestructible  Thumbs Up 

12Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! Empty Dogs, 'toons and FJ40's Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks!  I love my 'toon - I rigged up an anchor system last month. I had to route the rope around where my boys lay - I think it will work fine, but haven't been out to try it thus far.

It really wouldn't be 'tooning without one of my boys behind me - they love to swim too - they wear a DFD (dog flotation device) and each time I get ready to return to shore, they swim in beside me - they are too heavy to pull out of the water and back onboard.

I've had my FJ40 for a couple of weeks and UPS delivered my new radiator, tie and relay rods and TREs and other assorted spares (hoses, belts, plugs, etc.) - I'll swap out the radiator (bad leak) and hoses  tomorrow and flush the engine. Then I can go to DMV in Vegas and register it. Then I'll get the new rods and TREs on it so I can fix the alignment and replace a broken Steering Housing Gear Mount - that someone 'tried to weld'.

Other than that, its in great shape - I'll include a picture - if I put it in 4WD and drive into a lake, it does, after all, become my other 'rig'!

You're right, they are indestructible, but parts do break  Sad - but once these minor irritants are ironed out,   I'll take one of my boys and my 'toon to some eastern Nevada lake and fish for the first time this year. Hope to try a couple of lakes I haven't been to yet - only moved to Vegas a little over a year ago.

Here's '44-40' (44th wedding anniversary this month and '40' for FJ40 - and '44-40' for the Winchester '73 round (also used in revolvers).

Later!

I'd better post a fish picture - this is from wading the Conejos River in South-Central Colorado last July or August.

..and a picture from my 'toon - Haymeadow Reservoi, before daylight, at the Wayne E Kirch Wildlife Management Area at Sunnyside, NV - I caught a lot of Rainbow Trout that day. They were jumping all around me - none larger than 15" - most between 13-15".

Ok, I'm really done now!

Later!

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WOW!!! that is a clean FJ40 Thumbs Up  looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Finding a rig that clean is very difficult and pricey. HIGHLY COLLECTABLE so its a killer investment. I doubt you'll drive that into the lake. I'm sure you get several thumbs up while driving that bad boy.

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks! I'm sure I will get  Thumbs Up  when I get this radiator changed out today - I haven't been able to drive it much with the radiator leaking so badly... I love it - it's a lot of fun to drive (when it's not leaking coolant!) and will be perfect for the desert and mountains around here!  Rolling Eyes

You're right, a good 40 is an excellent investment - they are going up and up in price - but, I'm 65 and I bought it to use - so, I'll use it and take good care of it (don't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere (The Big Empty of eastern Nevada)) and my daughter and son-in-law will enjoy it when I can't use it any longer.

Later!

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

pngunme wrote:Thanks! I'm sure I will get  Thumbs Up  when I get this radiator changed out today - I haven't been able to drive it much with the radiator leaking so badly...

I saw McGiver crack eggs and pour them into a radiator once. It sealed up a bunch of bullet holes. MIght give that a try.  Cool 

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fisheromen wrote:
pngunme wrote:Thanks! I'm sure I will get  Thumbs Up  when I get this radiator changed out today - I haven't been able to drive it much with the radiator leaking so badly...  

I saw McGiver crack eggs and pour them into a radiator once.  It sealed up a bunch of bullet holes.  MIght give that a try.  Cool 

lol! lol! lol! 

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Beautiful Dog/best friend! Something about North Fork boats and dogs.
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! IMG_1582-1

But with mine, there is tons of room..lol
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! IMG_3633

All the pontoons I have owned, my dogs always figure they are theirs. Funny thing is, they hate water!

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yeah - that was probably mine - the radiator didn't leak until I flushed the coolant (and probably the eggs) - then it leaked like a sieve! The overflow bottle was plugged with gunk (old eggs?).

I've got the radiator out and am changing hoses and belts while its out of the way - then I have another flush to do after I install the new radiator - I should be driving it again tomorrow afternoon salute 

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

[quote="Renegade"]Beautiful Dog/best friend!    Something about North Fork boats and dogs.
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! IMG_1582-1

But with mine, there is tons of room..lol
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! IMG_3633

All the pontoons I have owned, my dogs always figure they are theirs.  Funny thing is, they hate water![/quote ]

Your dog could ride with my 100lb'er and still have room - mine love water! I think I've seen your dog on a Scadden 'toon on another(fly fishing) forum... You sure that's your dog?  Wink 

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No, I am his human. Very Happy 

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

I know what you mean - mine take me for walks and take me hiking and fishing and tell me when its time to eat and time to have treats and time to play ball. They are 8 and 12 and they now tell me when its time to go to bed - they stay after me until I finally acquiesce and to the bedroom with them - Dianna and I watch TV, while they both snore away. We LOVE our dogs! And they LOVE us back!  Very Happy 

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

In one pic it looks like you have a transom, in the other it doesn't - do you row your Renegade or motor it?

I primarily kick, but also row - here's the modification I helped Wade (Float Tube Fanatics) come up with to move my Pirhanamax out of the way of my oars. It's worked out prefectly!

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I do all. I motor on big waters, but I like to row and flipper to move slowly or no motor waters.
Those Float Tube Fanatic units are slick, but I was using one long before they came out, so made my own with a Flexible cutting board and Ram mounts. A little cheaper.
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! 034_zps03195bc5
The Transducer is on a PVC pipe under the oar so I can still row.
Here's our ride - Our Papa's Taking the Pictures! IMG_0749_zpsf089a27b

I run it either off the big battery for motor, or off a small security 12volt battery.

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Good job! I knew I'd seen your dog before! I've read a lot of posts by you on another forum!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum