FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fool's Bait

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fool's Bait Empty Fool's Bait Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So I used the Hawg Seekers Smokin' Shad and Lil Mack and they were kiling the Sand Dabs on the recent 1/2 day trip on the Southern Cal. I Drop Shotted these lil guys with a strip of squid and it worked. I was hoping the Rock Fish found it enticing but nada. My mission for that day was playing deck hand to my wife and family and if time allowed me to fish, i'll try random artificials. At first I thought maybe the strip of squid enticed the bite and not necessisarilty the plastic but I have some doubt in that because it seemed to get bit more than just the hook with a strip of squid alone. Needed more time to be more certain. Either way, it's a report and that was my intention going out using this bait.

2Fool's Bait Empty Re: Fool's Bait Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yellowrock wrote:So I used the Hawg Seekers Smokin' Shad and Lil Mack and they were kiling the Sand Dabs on the recent 1/2 day trip on the Southern Cal. I Drop Shotted these lil guys with a strip of squid and it worked. I was hoping the Rock Fish found it enticing but nada. My mission for that day was playing deck hand to my wife and family and if time allowed me to fish, i'll try random artificials. At first I thought maybe the strip of squid enticed the bite and not necessisarilty the plastic but I have some doubt in that because it seemed to get bit more than just the hook with a strip of squid alone. Needed more time to be more certain. Either way, it's a report and that was my intention going out using this bait.

The squid strip is not necessary. I have always had success fishing a T & C lure in road kill color, which is a dark green/brown/red bait. I prefer the plastics without bait as it is much more exciting to catch. Either way, thanks for the report.

I spoke with Travis/Fools bait and he was using the smokin shad and killing the reds with them. He said that they were working the same as the live bait.

3Fool's Bait Empty Re: Fool's Bait Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 pm

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Keep at it with the Hawg seekers for the rock fish. I was on a 3/4 a couple of weeks ago, and in all honesty i started the day with live bait just to make sure i get a few fish in the bag. After the first two spots which were awesome spots i decided to try the Smokin shad Hawg seeker on the next spot. The size was almost a perfect match to the live bait we had so i had high hopes and they paid off the Hawg Seeker were getting bite just as well as the live bait only problem was the size of fish dropped from 10-14 inch reds to 6-8 inch reds and current picked up so we kept slipping off the rocks and like you said the sand dabs had no beef with eating them

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum