FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great bass bait colors!

+2
Mikeotunakiller
Komori Jeff
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Great bass bait colors! Empty Great bass bait colors! Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This fellow can paint baits really good.  I've never seen a long skinny Bluegill, but it might just really trigger a strike from Mr. bass.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Those look good. If I was a fish I'd eat them

3Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:20 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice indeed!

4Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 am

nice colors on the baits indeed , being a stick bait , it would not matter on the shape of the lure .. Twitch , Twitch pause and Boom ! I have been on a bluegill pattern crank bait bite on and off for the last month  Thumbs Up 

5Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

When I go out with my Bluegill buddies on their boats at Perris and fish for Bluegill and Redears, every once in a while we will see a giant bass make a pass at our fish just as we are lifting them out of the water. One time a large bass grabbed the Bluegill and I let it run with it, hoping I could hook the bass, but it got off, and I got back a beat up Bluegill!

6Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lol, I had that happen once at SFD. I was reeling in a very small blue gill that somehow got on the hook waaaaayyy out there and all the sudden the line went ca-tunk. Pulled up a two foot long catfish.

7Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Komori,

Somebody you know making these?

8Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon, I sent you a PM...

9Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Komori wrote:When I go out with my Bluegill buddies on their boats at Perris and fish for Bluegill and Redears, every once in a while we will see a giant bass make a pass at our fish just as we are lifting them out of the water.  One time a large bass grabbed the Bluegill and I let it run with it, hoping I could hook the bass, but it got off, and I got back a beat up Bluegill!

Nice I see that a lot as well , I had a huge Bass last year do that came outta no where , hit a 8" gill on my line , totally stunned the gill , knocked it off my line and I watched her swim away with the gill in her mouth .. someone got a nice bluegill dinner .. not me  lol! 

10Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Bassturd

FTFF Gathering Officer

Are bluegill good fish to eat? I've heard they are really boney

11Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 am

Bassturd wrote:Are bluegill good fish to eat? I've heard they are really boney

They are very good to eat , Redear are very tasty as well . they have very sweet meat to myself and no strong fish order like a lot of other speices . Just only take a few what you can eat or are sharing with the family , and release all others . the fish in the 7-9" range seem to be fine . release anything bigger as they got that big for a reason and they will pass on some good genes to future off spring . escpecially the males !

I have 0 problems with bones and that is because I Filet all my Panfish ..  first day I gut them and rinse them , put them in the fridge for a day or cooler on ice either way you prefer. just chill them   and filet away later on kind of just like this , very easy and NO BONES !

12Great bass bait colors! Empty Re: Great bass bait colors! Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:09 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great tip Wes!
I used to take my kids to LP and catch Blue Gill and Trout off the docks along the dam. Very tasty!!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum