FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My review of my new Cumberland float tube

+16
knuckledragger
chipmcd
Aquaholic38
Chomps
kin
Pavo21
Mikeotunakiller
wiseguy
fisheromen
augie
zdiaz925
Sheriffdad
Ifishtoolittle
chase1472
Jerdon
jeffcpr
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

knuckledragger

knuckledragger
FTFF Gathering Officer

wiseguy wrote:I dont think I can add anything more to what has already been said.  I will add this though, here is a mod I came up with to fix the apron issue, I hated the apron, this new mod has served me well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've taken scissors to every apron I've had on a tube. All I found em good for was snagging treble hooks. That said, I like that mod you did with yours. I'm doing a lot more fly fishing and can see that coming in useful for holding line out of the water while stripping.

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

How does the Cumberland Hold up to Saltwater.

In the summer i fish salt almost every weekend and at my APT i have no outside water taps so i coulnt rinse it off if i wanted to.

My FatCat has help for three years now but zipper tabs have corroded away the zippers that open to remove the bladder are basicly one solid block now and coulnd not be opend.

In short my FatCat is falling apart and getting all used up, im going to need a new tube soon how long does the cumberland seem like it will last with lots of use in the salt and no taking care of it =( (sad to say that)

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Not sure how any tube would hold up with no rinsing. The zippers are metal. Does your apt not have a bath tub with a shower? No friends with hose bibs? Got to be a way!

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thisfool wrote:How does the Cumberland Hold up to Saltwater.

In the summer i fish salt almost every weekend and at my APT i have no outside water taps so i coulnt rinse it off if i wanted to.

My FatCat has help for three years now but zipper tabs have corroded away the zippers that open to remove the bladder are basicly one solid block now and coulnd not be opend.

In short my FatCat is falling apart and getting all used up, im going to need a new tube soon how long does the cumberland seem like it will last with lots of use in the salt and no taking care of it =(   (sad to say that)

Saltawter is harsh on enything, I've rinsed mine down everytime I use it and still holding strong, no corrosion anywhere. I'm sure if I did not wash it down it be toast, or at least last way less.

You could always just make a quick stop a those $1 carwashes and rinse that puppy down, just a suggestion if you have no means of washing it at your place.

Or get one of these...

cheap insurance in the long run. I use to use that when I lived in an apartment complex, and rinsed down my gear and kayak.

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:
thisfool wrote:How does the Cumberland Hold up to Saltwater.

In short my FatCat is falling apart and getting all used up, im going to need a new tube soon how long does the cumberland seem like it will last with lots of use in the salt and no taking care of it =(   (sad to say that)

Saltawter is harsh on enything, I've rinsed mine down everytime I use it and still holding strong, no corrosion anywhere. I'm sure if I did not wash it down it be toast, or at least last way less.

You could always just make a quick stop a those $1 carwashes and rinse that puppy down, just a suggestion if you have no means of washing it at your place.

Or get one of these...

cheap insurance in the long run. I use to use that when I lived in an apartment complex, and rinsed down my gear and kayak.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY HOME DEPOT

yea that looks like the ticket right there. then i can rinse off before i even load it back up in the Durango i like alot thanks for the heads up.

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL!! Home Depot is the place to go for any kind of mod! I go there for just about all my hobbies. It's rare that I go there for stuff that's actually for the home.

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:LOL!! Home Depot is the place to go for any kind of mod! I go there for just about all my hobbies. It's rare that I go there for stuff that's actually for the home.

haha i think i picked up a door hinge once that just that one time was really for a door. Other then that i always go for my DIY projects

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't go wrong with a cumberland. I haven't tried anything else... For what?!! I'm happy. Lol

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm wanting the Cumberland for a different reason: transport.

My old truck has died at last and I'll be moving to a small SUV soon - and losing the luxurious space of an open truck bed. Suffice it to say transport has just moved to the top of my concerns.

The ODC is 60" long, a measurement that actually exceeds the vehicles cargo bay.
Those pesky tail cones on the ODC are the problem.
The Cumberland doesn't have them, and it's inflated measurement is just inside the rear compartments measurement. It's just that much more cargo friendly.

Pure luck.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I carry mine in a Highlander with the seats down. No problem.

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

fisheromen wrote:I carry mine in a Highlander with the seats down. No problem.
That'll be me.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum