FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taking advantage of my free time

+6
Jerdon
augie
Fisher
wiseguy
Tony G Fishing
Mikeotunakiller
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Taking advantage of my free time Empty Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hello everyone, I have been doing a lot of fishing the past two days.  I have been very eager to try new spots and learn more of my home lake.  Monday morning I fished a different area then I have been, launching from the boat launch across the lake called Holiday harbor (I think).  I went off two the right and towards the little Marina fishing the area for a whole lot of nothing for about 4 hrs.  Around 10am I decided to head in, while doing that i started throwing a heaving vibrating swim jig and was letting it sink down to the bottom and reeling it in very slowly.  After the third cast i got hit.  It was a solid 4lber maybe a little larger.  He had a big old belly.  I ended up catching one more after, he was probably 2lbs.  

The next day (Tuesday) I fished the morning and then again in the evening.  I fished the normal area (slalom lake) from 6 -10am hooking 6 and only landing 3, they varied in size.  I caught them on 3 different lures, A jig, Brush Hawg and a River bug.  In evening I was in the water around 5:00 and fished until 8:00pm, fishing a new area of the lake again.  This time, I was at a park called sierra cove.  It was a pretty slow evening not a whole lot of action going on, I did finally get one bass around 6:30 under a dock using a blue/purple river bug.  On my way in about 50 ft from my starting spot I got bit my 2nd for the evening, on a all black vibrating swim jig.  The two were about a lb a piece.  

It wasn't to bad of a couple of days fishing.  I still need to actually go to Lake Perris and catch a bass.  So far I have only caught one large carp off a drop shot lol.  I think that is my next trip out, Lake Perris take 3 lol.

Here are some pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is the carp I got last week at Perris on the drop shot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

big MIKEO, effn mash-n it!!!!! WTG bro, solid fish!!!! good job

Tony G

3Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You are a lucky man bro, there are some huge bass in that lake.

4Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

u fishin canyon lake sierra park or bass cove is a pretty good spot another good one is the tunnel where the boats go threw i usually fish there

5Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:46 pm

augie

augie
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice job !

6Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Right on Mike! You been tearing up your home stomping grounds it seems.

7Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:00 pm

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good job mike

8Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Great job it is the time to start throwing that California dirty swim jig , as the weeds grow the big bass will be chasing it . put a nice 4-5" Culprit Minnow Swimbait or Basstrix paddletail swim bait on it and fire up the big girls .. Look into California swim jigs they have great action and colors Sexy shad and crappie ... Anyhow great job on the bass MikeO

9Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very nice photos. I hooked a giant carp at Puddingston on Monday on a drop shot i only had 6 lb test I was in my kayak. i fought it for 20 minutes it went airborn once and was towing me all over the place everytime I got him close to the yak he took more line my drag was screeming. The carp finaly broke me off by running under the docks by the life guard station. It would not have fit in my net anyways. I have caught big carp before but this was the biggest.

http://bassinthehood.com

10Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Haha that's an insane fight. I can't imagine trying to reel in a huge carp on 6lb. They fight hard that's for sure.

11Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Those are some nice bass and a carp right there!

12Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Those are some nice chunky fish you got there.  Thumbs Up 

13Taking advantage of my free time Empty Re: Taking advantage of my free time Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 am

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks guys, there are some chunky bass here.

Thanks for the tip Misfit!  I am going to have to look into the california swim jig.  I have talked to a few people around here and they love throwing swim baits and seem to constantly get fish on them here, I can imagine that a swim jig with a swimbait on it would be killer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum