FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by jeffcpr Today at 5:28 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie Editor's what do you use.

+6
Pacifico
NeKro
wiseguy
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Dex
jeffcpr
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey guys I really need to learn how to do video better, much better. I am using My movie Movie maker I believe free from Micro Soft. I have tried the GoPro movie editor and I cannot figure it out. I am able to do some editing on what I am using, other issue is I really don't have the ability to take the time to learn it right now. I need the simplest program there. Just wondering what you use.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Jeff, it's funny you ask this question because I was just doing some research in the different free video editors out there because i was thinking about buying a action camera too. I think I will download Windows Movie Maker and use it. From what I have read, it is pretty simple to use.
What camera do you use? I was looking into the Sony AS100.

3Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:03 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have an old GoPro Hero 2 the movie maker is pretty easy to use. I will be interested to see what you think.

4Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:24 pm

@ Jeff as far As What I think are the easiest movie editors out there and if your looking for free hands down it would be EzVid . Followed by  Windows Movie Maker and VideoSpin, pretty much drag and drop , add music files , Voice overlay , Etc  . not to difficult to use and it supports all old and new platforms.

@ Dex . the Sony  HDR-AS100 is an amazing camera with the best remote features I have every tried out on an action camera. Frame rates and video definitions are the same as a GoPro.  the advantages a Gopro takes is in accessories and Durability .   I have seen a Gopro come off a drag car at 150mph and smack against a wall and come away working with no issues to the camera only  a few minor cosmetic issues to the case lol!

Wes

5Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:@ Jeff as far As What I think are the easiest movie editors out there and if your looking for free hands down it would be EzVid . Followed by  Windows Movie Maker and VideoSpin, pretty much drag and drop , add music files , Voice overlay , Etc  . not to difficult to use and it supports all old and new platforms.

@ Dex . the Sony  HDR-AS100 is an amazing camera with the best remote features I have every tried out on an action camera. Frame rates and video definitions are the same as a GoPro.  the advantages a Gopro takes is in accessories and Durability .   I have seen a Gopro come off a drag car at 150mph and smack against a wall and come away working with no issues to the camera only  a few minor cosmetic issues to the case lol!

Wes

Thanks for the info MisFit. I went to Best Buy last night looking at the Sony. The employee that was telling me about the camera said there was an adapter I can buy that will allow all of the GoPro accessories to work with the Sony. I found a lot of after market accessories on eBay and Amazon. As for the Durability of the Sony, Im not really worried about that , I dont plan on being rough with it. For what I want it for, all I really need is a water proof case, and the Sony comes with it.

6Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:27 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Hey what's up fellas, well There are a few programs that I have used, but the most simple and easy program to use in my opinion, I would say is movie maker. I am currently using movie maker 8 and I have my setting on my gopro3 at 1080 60fps so that I can capture them moments and super slow it down with no distortion. I can do up to 120fps but I prefer to have a better quality crisp video from 48fps to 60fps that everyone can enjoy. I also use power director 10 and the gopro program. I hope this info helps out, but right before I forget a main important thing, that would have to be the micro SD card. I run sandisk extreme 64g class 10 mbs on both my gopros so that I can upload and download all my media fast with no proplems.

7Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:39 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good thread, I was also thinking about getting an action camera myself and was also looking at that Sony, the price is too good to pass up too. I've used windows MM in the past and it was fairly easy to add music, text, voice over etc. I might just have to make that trip to Best Buy and pick up the camera!

8Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:31 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What set up do some of you use for pov shots during fishing?

9Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sup Guys,
I'm a newby to whole action camera/video editing world, just got the 3+ silver. The only app I've used is the GoPro studio 2.5 and its pretty easy. I got some great accessory & setup advise from one of our members, oh wait it was our FTFF fisherman of the year FADB...thanks Chris! After I learn GP Studio I'll try MM. Now if you want to learn hit up Youtube university and lookup MicBergsma his vids are very informative. He goes from beginner setup to advanced edit...He covers assessories, resolution setup, GP tips...check it out!

Hope this helps salute

10Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:Good thread, I was also thinking about getting an action camera myself and was also looking at that Sony, the price is too good to pass up too.  I've used windows MM in the past and it was fairly easy to add music, text, voice over etc.  I might just have to make that trip to Best Buy and pick up the camera!

Let us know if you pick up that camera WisGuy.   I found a head strap on Amazon for it that I like and it's only $10.  It's a lot cheaper than the Sony $30+ head strap.  I was also thinking of making a mount for the back of my tube, but that wont be until later on down the road.  
I like the Sony HDR AS100 because it has GPS.  My only questions is, will it mark waypoints every time I catch a fish?  would be a pretty cool feature if you could set it up to do that.

11Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I currently have a contour cam. But I have always mounted it on my helmet (military/airsoft/paintball) I used it for because its more compact than the go pro. but now looking for the go pro since theres more accessories for it...

12Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:45 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've been looking at MHD Sport Wi-Fi Action Camera at monoprice.com. I like the fact it has a remote you wear like a watch. Check it out. GT

BTW thanks for the thread.

13Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:27 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Pacifico wrote:Sup Guys,
I'm a newby to whole action camera/video editing world, just got the 3+ silver. The only app I've used is the GoPro studio 2.5 and its pretty easy. I got some great accessory & setup advise from one of our members, oh wait it was our FTFF fisherman of the year FADB...thanks Chris! After I learn GP Studio I'll try MM. Now if you want to learn hit up Youtube university and lookup MicBergsma his vids are very informative. He goes from beginner setup to advanced edit...He covers assessories, resolution setup, GP tips...check it out!

Hope this helps salute
Congrats bro on your gopro3+ Thumbs Up , you are going to love it bro.

14Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:21 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

GT wrote:I've been looking at MHD Sport Wi-Fi Action Camera at monoprice.com. I like the fact it has a remote you wear like a watch. Check it out. GT

That is a nice looking camera bro and the watch as a remote is a great idea. I am learning to like my GoPro, but you have to manually turn it on so there is a lot of no action time on my camera.

15Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:17 am

jeffcpr wrote:
GT wrote:I've been looking at MHD Sport Wi-Fi Action Camera at monoprice.com. I like the fact it has a remote you wear like a watch. Check it out.  GT

That is a nice looking camera bro and the watch as a remote is a great idea.  I am learning to like my GoPro, but you have to manually turn it on so there is a lot of no action time on my camera.

The Remote for the Go Pro is Garbage , its the #1 reason for complaints and that is due to the remote just constantly losing connection to the camera over and over , thus eating the battery up .

The Mhd Sport Action camera is even worse with the remote losing connection and just not durable at all (easily broken) . it is also hit or miss when filming in Anything over 720p

Both the Mhd and GoPro's water housing totally mutes the mic and thus this is why you see everyone put music over there Vid's .

Now the Sony As100 also has a watch remote and they do not have the loss on connection via camera Sync and there case you can record through , due to a better mic placement .

My Choice : If I am to get a action camera it would be the Sony As100 , same frame rates as the Hero 4 , better image stability , better mic (for those on the water action sounds), Remote worn as a watch , with viewfinder built in . no loss in connection and all is 100% waterproof .. Just as many accessories as a Gopro ... Just my 2 cents .

Wes

16Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:
GT wrote:I've been looking at MHD Sport Wi-Fi Action Camera at monoprice.com. I like the fact it has a remote you wear like a watch. Check it out.  GT

That is a nice looking camera bro and the watch as a remote is a great idea.  I am learning to like my GoPro, but you have to manually turn it on so there is a lot of no action time on my camera.

The Remote for the Go Pro is Garbage , its the #1 reason for complaints and that is due to the remote just constantly losing connection to the camera over and over , thus eating the battery up .  

The Mhd Sport Action camera is even worse with the remote losing connection and just not durable at all (easily broken)  . it is also hit or miss when filming in Anything over 720p

Both the Mhd and GoPro's water housing totally mutes the mic and thus this is why you see everyone put music over there Vid's .

Now the Sony As100 also has a watch remote and they do not have the loss on connection via camera Sync and there case you can record through , due to a better mic placement .

My Choice : If I am to get a action camera it would be the Sony As100 ,  same frame rates as the Hero 4 , better image stability , better mic (for those on the water action sounds), Remote worn as a watch , with viewfinder built in . no loss in connection and all is 100% waterproof .. Just as many accessories as a Gopro ... Just my 2 cents .

Wes

^^^ I agree!

17Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Wes.....GT

18Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey guys, I just picked up the Sony AS100 Action Cam. I'm in the process of learning how to use it and what the best settings are. I hope to get it out this weekend and test it out. Once I get some footage worth posting, I will.

19Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Awesome Dex your going to love it . Cannot wait to see some video

20Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

So far I'm really liking it. I downloaded a app on my phone that allows me to use my phone as a view finder, and it allows me to start/stop recording. This will come in handy if I decide to mount the cam on a pole that isn't easily accessible. I won't need to buy their $100 watch style view finder after all.

21Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Just picked up a gopro4 silver. Taking it out NPH tomorrow morning, hoping to get some good shots.

22Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

NeKro wrote:Just picked up a gopro4 silver. Taking it out NPH tomorrow morning, hoping to get some good shots.

congrats on the new go pro bro...little kid with candy right now! Twisted Evil and good luck tomorrow bro, MASH them, theyre there.... salute

23Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 pm

ZoGemini569

ZoGemini569
FTFF Gathering Officer

I make all my videos with Sony Vegas Pro 12. It was pretty easy learning how to use it with the help of youtube. With a few minutes of searching around on YouTube I learned a lot. I'm going to get a better at making my fishing videos popped out with lots of flare & design. If any one has the software & needs some help please feel free to drop me a email or message & I'll be glad to assist you.

24Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

@ Dex you need more accessories for your new toy let me know .. I also get great discounts to Gopro Accessories Thumbs Up

@ ZoGemini569 , Sony Vegas Pro is a great editing software , but can be bloated to alot of people because it has a ton of settings , nothing that You tube cannot usually help us out with .

If you all need help with settings, software our basic trouble shooting on these cameras , don't be shy send me a PM , I will help as much as I can since I sell all these fun toys Twisted Evil

Wes

25Movie Editor's what do you use. Empty Re: Movie Editor's what do you use. Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:24 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Imovie Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum