FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

what flourocarbon do you reccomend

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty what flourocarbon do you reccomend Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:53 pm

SoCalTrouter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey Guys, wondering if I get get a few opinions or reccomendations on what make of line your're using in the local trout lakes. Really appreciate it!

2what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 pm

As far as the top sellers out there I would have to say they are Seaguar red label , Sunline Sniper.

Personally myself I use , P-Line FloroClear Mist Green in 4lb and 6lb . It is a confidence thing for me using the green line . I tried the Seaguar and it worked good on the spool . I used it for 3 outings and I was skunked 3x . Went back to a Green line and i am catching panfish , trout and bass like a champ again .

Wes

3what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

SoCalTrouter

FTFF Gathering Officer

thanks Misfitdog. I appreciate it

4what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I've been using P-Line for the past few year on my baitcasting and spinning reels and I really like it. I am currently using P-Line FloroClear on all my freshwater reels right now. As for my Salt reels, I use a braid with a P-Line floro leader.

5what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Well as for myself, If I'm fishing clear water or semi clear, I use VANISH 2lb fluorocarbon cuss it literally vanishes underwater but other than that I stick with 2lb xxx izorline smoked. I have used other brands but like Wes said It is a confidence thing. I know there are so many pros and cons when it comes to fishing line but those pros and cons can sure sometimes be real good and can sure fail you in many different ways as well. Also If you are going to bait and wait, you are better off with fluorocarbon leader.

6what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 pm

SoCalTrouter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Really appreciate it fellas. Very useful info!

7what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Love XXX Izorline smoke , have it on a few baitcasters as well Thumbs Up

8what flourocarbon do you reccomend Empty Re: what flourocarbon do you reccomend Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You know it's funny..I was given by a fishing buddy a his-vis florescent yellow line made by Vicious, in 2 lb test to try out on my ultralight outfits for my Bluegill, Redear and crappie fishing that I mostly fish for.  I started out using a clear fluoro leader, but since I was fishing fairly deep, I eventually just started tying directly to my tiny jigs, spoons and circle hooks when I used bait.  I did not have any less strikes or hook ups with the straight bright Hi Vis mono…I have even caught bass and some trout.  Of course, I did not land any record size fish except for my own PB almost 18 inch Black Crappie and an 11 inch Bluegill, along with many other very nice fish. (See below) I really don't think line color, or clarity really make much difference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]