FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome from the West Coast of Arizona - New Member!

+4
jeffcpr
ed5000x
waxon67
AzRob
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AzRob

AzRob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Welcome all fellow Float Tubers! My name is Robert aka… AzRob and I live in beautiful Lake Havasu City, Arizona - home to the world famous London Bridge. Lake Havasu is also famous for spring breakers and world class Fishing! In fact its home to the world’s largest Redear Sunfish ever caught on record! The huge slab weighed in at 5.55 pounds, measured 16.75 inches long and had a 19-inch girth. I have caught my fair share of large slabs over the years,along with large Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass and sometime a few Stripers, Catfish, Carp, oh yea and one Crappie...but nothing like a 5 lbs sunfish.
I’ve been fish for over 25 years (hope I don’t show my age)with some ups and downs. But in 1997, I bought a WoodRiver StealtRider Float Tube and never look back. When I Lived in California, I would do a lot of Float Tubing at Perris Lake and Newport Bay- landing Bass after Bass in my trusty StealtRider. Then a few years later I moved to Lake Havasu City and was surprise at the quality of the fish at the lake. The City has a very nice fishery program with large area of Fish Habitats in the lake. I have caught some very nice fish off the fishing docks and from the shore, but the real fun is fishing from my Float Tube! Nothing is more relaxing then to see a Large Smallmouth jump two feet in front of you and pull you around the lake (Who needs a trolling motor).. Oh what fun.
I just order up a new toy - a Fish Cat 4 which I hope to get in a few days. The weather here has been weird for the month of May with lots of wind and rain. Its can get hot here like 120` But it’s a dry Heat! So I hope for some better weather when my Cat arrives. In the Future, I hope to do some posts/fishing reports from here to let you know what’s going on Arizona’s west Coast.
So anyways I think I said a lot and it’s time to go fishing… So if your ever what to fish this great Lake, just drop me a E-mail or post and I’ll give you some tips.

Talk to you soon ... AzRob
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Greetz there AzRob welcome aboard! Do you do any fishing at Lake Powell too?

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man makes me want to go visite my niece and sneek out to fish in the lake wow
nice to have you on the forum Very Happy

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Why welcome to the forum AzRod nice to have you on the board, it is a great place to talk fishing. There are some great guys here and they are from all over the world as well. We look forward to hearing those reports of Hubcaps out of you r local water and of course don't forget the pictures to.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

WELCOME TO THE FLOAT TUBE FORUM.... HAHAHAHAH ENTER IF YOU DARE TO HAVE LOTS OF SUPER FUN! thats kinda of wierd. lmao

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hello azrob
lots of fun people1
lots of fun topics!
fun place to hang out! Thumbs Up

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

AzRob

AzRob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks all for the kind words Very Happy

\ Waxon67 - I never been to lake Powell, look nice but it one hell of a lake to be Float tubing if you know what I mean...So Big

And besides I only live two mile to lake havasu and its all down hill Shocked

\Jeffcpr - will keep you posted on...as you would say "Hubcaps" green happy which is on right now , just got back from the docks (Too windy for tubing) caught a nice hand size Slab err..Hubcap, on worms

Again txs for the welcome.

Welcome AzRob! You live on the most fun lake! I love Havasu! The fishing there is so amazing! Cliff jumping, fishing, boating, all there! Looking forward to reading your reports!

LC

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome AzRob, I lived in parker for a while and we still have a place there. Dont get out there as often as I would like but hoping to change that this summer. We do get some fishing in when not tearing up the river and always catch something. Great fishing out there!

AzRob

AzRob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Laguna/ - This Lake is fun...amazing fishing...Cliff Jumping - Ooh yes, Cliff Jumping... fond memories of jumping off cliffs and landing with a dislocated shoulder, Ooh yea.. fun days indeed green happy

Fever/ - I never fish below Parker Dam, But I have heard some great fishing story's about the big one that got away Thumbs Up

P.S. It was my friend who got a dislocated shoulder by jumping off a cliff..had to take him to the emergency room, he was all right after that. Lets just say he is not jumping off any more cliffs... Kids don't try this at home salute

AzRob wrote:Laguna/ - This Lake is fun...amazing fishing...Cliff Jumping - Ooh yes, Cliff Jumping... fond memories of jumping off cliffs and landing with a dislocated shoulder, Ooh yea.. fun days indeed green happy

Fever/ - I never fish below Parker Dam, But I have heard some great fishing story's about the big one that got away Thumbs Up

P.S. It was my friend who got a dislocated shoulder by jumping off a cliff..had to take him to the emergency room, he was all right after that. Lets just say he is not jumping off any more cliffs... Kids don't try this at home salute

I remember having summer camps at Havasu. No fishing rod during the camps and I remember seeing the biggest Carp in the marina! Fished a couple of tournaments there as well. GREAT fishery! Very dynamic in all aspects! Look forward to your reports!!

BobBfishin

BobBfishin
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

AZRob... You still out there tubing Havasu? I hit Mojave back in early May from the bank and did pretty good catching smallies. I'd like to try Havasu on one of my trips between AZ and CA. Any recommendations on were to launch a tube and find some smallies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum