FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Pablosparky Today at 10:11 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New guy doesn't know how to using float tube

+8
Pavo21
Jerdon
jeffcpr
kin
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Tony G Fishing
Aquaholic38
CRAPPIE
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CRAPPIE

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi fellow members,

Just bought a Caddis pro 2000 float tube and tried it out yesterday with the use of chest wader and fin.
I tied a rope to the dock just in case.
I move my fins but seems I didn't move too much, why is that? Also the stabilizer bar seems too much work.
Can you tell me which model can sit high without sitting in water?
Anyone has a float tube without a stabilizer bar?
My Caddis comes with 2 foams for the backrest and the sit but doesn't sit too comfort, should I buy the inflate backrest and sit?
Thanks in advance!
Ken

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Try untieing the rope! You will move lol
inflatable sits and backrest are nicer if you can afford the upgrade. Look at the Cumberland, fish cat, outcast etc

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh, and if you're using a single bladder float tube, I strongly recommend to get a PFD. My caddies made a hole and in 10 seconds it got completely deflated.
Maybe try to get together with few other tubers before you adventure by yourself if you're not feeling very confident.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Aquaholic38 wrote:Try untieing the rope! You will move lol
inflatable sits and backrest are nicer if you can afford the upgrade. Look at the Cumberland,  fish cat, outcast etc

LMAO@Try untieing the rope hahah, good one AQUA

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Crappie! welcome aboard! as for what i have and recommend, I have a FishCAT 4 Deluxe, its on my avatar, you sit up way high, water a bit below your Knees when seated..lots of peeps here have the cumberland, plus you can get a discount for being a member....both sit you up high and both and great tubes....enjoy your stay salute

Tony G

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Welcome to the forum CRAPPIE, I myself own the OUTCAST super fat cat and it sits me up pretty high and like Tony G stated (water a bit below your Knees when seated) what type of fins are you using?

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I too have a 2000 pro:
it's easier to put the stablizer bar in it before you sit down. the backseat doesn't provide much support, so find something to give you more support. It could be your fins that aren't too good for pushing water. Where are you located?

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Crappie you are in the right place, I agree with all the above info Cumberland, The Fish Cat, or the ODC 420 are great tubes to keep you pretty high and dry. I also am wondering what fins are you using, as well as where are you located, lets get you hooked up with another member to help you out.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum crappie.
I started with a doughnut style float tube and went thru some fins till I found what I liked.

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome man, hopefully you get the info you need from us.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You said that you already bought the pro 2000. So I'll give you a suggestion in regards to that seat. Mine has a seat like yours. This was my solution;

Cut two boards to the same shape as the foam inserts. Use 1" thick boards and round the corners. Be sure and sand them down nice and smooth. Then you'll need to paint them with a roof sealant that you can find in the hardware store. Put on at least two coats to be sure and seal it up well. Let them dry thoroughly.

Slide them in the slots in the bottom and backrest of your seat along with the foam. Place the boards behind and under the foam. It will make the seat way more comfortable and you'll ride higher out of the water.

Hope this helps you. Welcome to the forum, there are some great people here. Keep your lines tight.

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard CRAPPIE. Ya everyone here is helpful when your in need of advice. I started with a U tube, almost gave up on tubing. Found this site, and BAM, bought a cumberland. Been a happy tuber ever since............GT

ole giller

FTFF Gathering Officer

Welcome Crappie, All the humor aside ,that was a good safe idea using the rope for first time and alone. I have done that ice fishing but didn't tell anyone. lol Since a few are offering equipment suggestions ,I'll throw mine in. Look at Mares dive fins . I have used many types but search over with these . They will scare you to look at the size but are much less strain to use---- I think 1/2 the effort.

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome Crappie.

All advice above is good advice.

I have a question for you. How were you kicking?

Over the years i tried countless ways of kicking. Some were ok some got me no where real fast and the one i use now is propbly 2x fast than every way i ever tried.

think of ridding a bike backwards. with your knee bent lift your leg up then straight down then as you bring your foot forward raise your knee again. Oviously alternate between legs.

As far as not riding high. i have looked into the cadiss pro 2000 and all its specs suggest you should ride prety high out of the water. It has a 250lb weight limit and the seat apears to be placed high up on the tube.

Do you have it properly inflated?

also not to make fun or anything are you a bigger guy?

when i first got my fat cat i weighed about 280lbs (fat cat wight limit is 320 -350lbs) and the water would come up to just under the top of my knees. I know weigh 240 and the water is now at the bottom of my knees.

So are you to much man for your tube to handle?

For a while now i have been wanting to change to a smaller tube like a ODC 420 of Fish Cat but i am just to close to that max limit still so id rather stay in my big ole fat cat then sit really low in the water.

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum