FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floor mod for Colorado pontoon

+2
Catman1979
half fast
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:34 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have read through several pages of mods, and stories (Thanks catman1979) and have some good ideas for my colorado when it arrives. I plan on the swivel seat mod with raised seat 2x4 (I assume the mods are compatible) for starters. I would like to put in some kind of lightweight floor (not wood) up to the spreader bars (hope that's right) where you put your feet. I would like to see pics and material ideas. How did you mount, etc. Thanks for the help.

2Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

No problem brutha anytime! Boat seat mounts for the most part are pretty standardized, so you shouldn't have an issue mounting the riser to the swivel, and to the boat. I can't say that I have seen many folks putting a floor onto their one man pontoons. I saw a picture of one guy that did it and it was pretty cool, basically a really fancy raft at that point.

3Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Fri May 01, 2015 3:20 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Do you want the platform to stand on or just protection from the turtles and snakes?  You should try it out first and see if it will be steady enough, if you want to stand up in it. If just to keep critters out, I read somewhere someone rigging some netting across the pontoons, mainly to catch stuff that falls.

Maybe you should have picked up a Sea Eagle 285FPB - same size as your colorado (maybe narrower.)  Comes with a couple of Scotty's, tons of storage (removable storage too), has an option for a raised seat, a hard deck to stand up on and kind of enclosed so you wouldn't have to worry about hitchhikers. Really shines with a motor attached.  I would have one but along with rowing, I wanted the option to kick with fins - not possible with the 285.

4Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Fri May 01, 2015 5:23 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Brown Truck dropped off the boat this afternoon, man this toon is nice.

My purpose for the floor is an alternate place to put my feet, and to keep my fly line out of the water. I really didn't intend on keeping critters out. I am thinking the laundry basket cut down could work, or maybe a plastic snow sled cut down. I will put the frame together and measure. I would like something semi firm and light weight. I do not intend on standing on it.

5Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Got my seat done, swivel (9 bucks at walmart), and raised with 2x4 trick. I am going to look at my plastic snow sleds for the floor idea.

6Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Thu May 07, 2015 6:49 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

This is my first attempt at a floor. Materials:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Thu May 07, 2015 6:52 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Mock up. I need to tighten the net. A lot of cut outs. Don't want to interfere with the anchor system. I have enough material to do it over. Advise is welcome.

8Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Sun May 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

this isn't a bad idea if you have a trolling motor or plan on using the oars, but i use fins as well so its not a good. but good for on the fly.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

9Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:56 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Worked out pretty good. Ride is wetter than I expected. The mesh is just under the waterline, but I didn't have the pontoons as fully inflated as they could have been.

10Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Does the water splash up on you when you're rowing?

11Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:48 pm

half fast

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

No, I did not get that experience. If i had the pontoons fully inflated, it would have been right above the water line, as it was, it was just below, and did not splash.

12Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Empty Re: Floor mod for Colorado pontoon Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Kjcsweep

FTFF Gathering Officer

I did it. Real easy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum