FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super Fat Cat really worth the extra money over the Fish Cat Deluxe?

+2
jeffcpr
Joey805
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joey805

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey guys - New tuber here who is looking to make a purchase. I have it narrowed down to the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe or the Super Fat cat. I'm 5'9 and 220. Is the Super Fat Cat really worth the extra $150?

I'll use the tube a few times a year up the the sierras.

Thanks for the info.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cumberland plus we get a 15% discount from cover bonanza $160 or $170 shipped, just my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Joey805!

I can't help you on the Super Fat Cat, hopefully someone else can.
I have the Cumberland and really like it, but I have to admit those Outcast products look awfully well built.
Good Luck.

I'm 5 10 and 200 pounds even

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Well worth the money IMO. Way more room than the fish cat and Cumberland IMO. Fished out of a fish cat once and that was the last time

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Joey, welcome bro!

I have the deluxe, its on my avatar....

i say if you have the cash then rock n roll on the FATCAT but for the money, you cant beat the deluxe in my opinion, has the inflatables, high seats.....! it has more than enough space....most of the time i pack my tube down and only end up using an 1/8 of what i take...so if i was to take just that 1/8 on my tube...id have room to go around but for some reason i always bring a grip of tackle LOL, hope this helps...

and yeah they also have the cumberland, lots of peeps on here have it...or you can search cumberland....

Tony G

atavuss

atavuss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have a Super Fat Cat and I have fished out a Fish Cat 4. I have fished out of each tube 2 times each for a total of 5 to 7 hours each time.
I am 6'3" and 205 lbs., they are both comfortable tubes but the SFC has more room in the seat area and more room in the storage pockets. The foam seat bottom was actually more comfortable on the fish cat 4 but I suspect I had too much air in the seat bottom on the SFC. The fish cat 4 is a bit less expensive especially if you go with the foam seat version. If I am not mistaken the SFC has a longer warranty of 5 years.

I have the SFC and IMO it's the best tube out there. Very comfortable with the inflatable back rest and seat. Also it has plenty of storage space. Best part is it gives you so much storage space when deflated and 5 years warranty. Previous to the SFC I had the Cumberland and really liked it. Has a lot of storage space and you sit up high on the water. My only complaint is I'm not a big fan of foam seats and the Cumberland only had one year warranty. It seams like just after the one year warranty was up I started getting leaks on both blaters. Would of got a new Cumberland if the warranty was a bit longer of if they offered and extended warranty for extra charge. Other than that both are great tubes I just rather get a SFC .

Joey805

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the input guys, I went ahead and ordered the Super Fat Cat. Can't wait to rig this thing, need some rod holders for sure, then maybe a fish finder.

FloatAngler

FloatAngler
FTFF Gathering Officer

Good choice, both the Deluxe and Fat Cat are solid tubes. The Fat Cat should offer more space and comfort - it's become more popular with the bigger guys for a good reason. Pat Scouten, AKA 'TubeDude' has been tubing for over 50 years and has arrived at the Fat Cat as his favorite, he's tried em all:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As far as rod holders, hard to beat the CastMate - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. TeamFishCo.com makes these specifically for float tubes and they're excellent. Camera mounts are easy to add as well.

http://www.floatangler.com

I also have the fish cat 4 deluxe and i want the SFC now . i am a smaller guy and just the storage space and little bit of width on the SFC would have been well worth it .. just my 2 cents

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum