FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by BenPhartin Today at 7:45 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

First tubing adventure

+3
Ornery Bob
Jerdon
shumway
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First tubing adventure Empty First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:56 am

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey whats up guys,Thought i would share a couple pics from my maiden voyage out in the new toy (Togiak) on one of my local ponds up here in London Ontario Canada

First time tubing but had a blast lol Still need a couple more trips to really get the hang of her but did good over all,Now i just need to pimp it out a bit and make a decent rod holder and that for it so i can really enjoy her Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:25 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum shumway!
Congratz on your maiden voyage and the bass.
How is it kicking through those Lilly pads?

3First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:40 am

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the welcome Jerdon Very Happy

Lilly pads were real fun almost lost a fin twice lol Had to go into them a couple times to get in and out of holes and also all the spots where we can launch from all had thin patches too,Think its time to buy or make some straps to be on the safe side lol

4First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome to the forum and the sport! I'm a noob toober as well. Gotta love it!

5First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:16 pm

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Ornery Bob Very Happy

Gotta love it is right! Just have to catch some nice size fish now to really experience what shes like lol

6First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the maiden voyage! Looks like a beautiful pond to tube in!

7First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:48 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the forum shumway and a "BIG Congrat's" to you on your craft and it's maiden voyage!

I was just a Newby but now I'm a Bobber (scratch Oh brother! lol), and now I just can't get enough tube time in ...
it's because of my disease .... OCFD!

I look forward to reading many more of your fish reports from your pond in Canada! Thumbs Up
Thanx for the excellent fish report with pic's!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

8First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:14 pm

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Jayb1rd79 wrote:Welcome to the forum and congrats on the maiden voyage!  Looks like a beautiful pond to tube in!

SP Dan wrote:Welcome to the forum shumway and a "BIG Congrat's" to you on your craft and it's maiden voyage!

I was just a Newby but now I'm a Bobber (scratch Oh brother! lol), and now I just can't get enough tube time in ...
it's because of my disease .... OCFD!

I look forward to reading many more of your fish reports from your pond in Canada! Thumbs Up
Thanx for the excellent fish report with pic's!

SP Dan     <"))><

Thanks guys! Have a couple beauty kettle ponds right here in the city to fish and all are nice and close together too Very Happy Mostly largemouth - pike - crappie and bluegills which makes for a fun day of fishing lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Shumway way to go bro glad you got out and enjoyed, I am sure you will be hooked for life now. Tubing is a great way to enjoy fishing and spend they day with good friends. Well done and thanks for sharing you first trip with us.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 am

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Jeff! Darn tootin i enjoyed it lol Can't wait to get out again for sure even if i don't hook into anything,Just sitting floating around is fun enough but would be nice to get a fatty or two on the line Wink

11First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Now i just need to pimp it out a bit and make a decent rod holder and that for it so i can really enjoy her

SP Dan came up with a design that I liked so much, I totally stole it!

12First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Mr. Constrictor

Mr. Constrictor
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum and to the world of float tubing. All of those ponds look like they should be a lot of fun to tube in. I agree about the fin leashes. I always use them when I'm on the water plus when I get out I can strap my fins to my tube so it's one less thing to carry. Plus you will never forget your fins if they're strapped to your tube.

13First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:56 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Mr. Constrictor words are 100 % correct.

On one of my early float tube sessions I took off and placed my 1st Force Fin; in approx 3-ft of water, on top of my tube and then reached down to remove the 2nd fin and didn't realize that I had somehow bumped (lost) my 1st fin in the green waters of LAB with a moving shoreline current.
Once I had realized what had happened .... I stripped down to my skivvies and dove numerous times but couldn't locate it. My friend decided to cast his jig many times for it; dragging the bottom, and he was finally able to snag it for me ... to my amazement!! Note: Always remove your fins in very shallow water.
I've worn fin leashes ever since and I always velcro them to my FT. One of my best $ investments so far.

Also great for when porting your FT.

Secondly .... my ABS rod rack was a take-off from a design by LOLLY, who is a member here on FTFF.
Bottom line .... I'm glad that the design is working out for you! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

PS ... I just finished watching your video and one of the things that I did differently was that I used threaded fitting for a stronger swiveling rod holder.  Cool

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

14First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:21 pm

shumway

FTFF Gathering Officer

Working on some simple leashes for now lol The ponds i'm floating won't be letting me get them back if i do loose one Sad For little ponds they get upto 100' in spots and weedy as hell so no way of diving down for them lmao

With my rod holder i'm just going to keep it short and simple with basic holders front and back and just one center for either net or beer lol Plus my buddy has his cumberland tricked out with a fishfinder already so i'll just follow him so no need for all the extras on mine lol

15First tubing adventure Empty Re: First tubing adventure Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

...one of the things that I did differently was that I used threaded fitting for a stronger swiveling rod holder.

Ah, yes. Good idea. I haven't had a problem... yet. To paraphrase Da Vinci, "You never finish with rod holders; you just stop working on them for a while."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum