FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tips and Tricks who's got some

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am wondering of all the members out there who has a tip or a trick they use while float tubing that they would like to share. Something that makes there float tube trip easier, or something that allows them to attach something they would not nornally be able to.
Share your tips and or trick with everyone and maybe you will help someone else's next float tube trip a better one. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 am

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have a few things on coiled carabiner lanyards, stainless Baker hookouts being one, there attached to a D ring on top of my pockets then the hookouts just fit through a D ring on my right side like a holster.
My pike flies get hooked into a piece of 3/4" foam that's cut the exact size as one of the pockets

3Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:46 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Mscustomflies wrote:I have a few things on coiled carabiner lanyards, stainless Baker hookouts being one, there attached to a D ring on top of my pockets then the hookouts just fit through a D ring on my right side like a holster.
My pike flies get hooked into a piece of 3/4" foam that's cut the exact size as one of the pockets

Can you post some pics of this?

4Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:47 am

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sure I'll pop out and get my tube out the garage

5Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I also have an aluminium comb from the local tack shop for combing chewed up pike flies, drilled the same as the hookouts

Rigs and leaders in a rig wallet sleeve

My phone gets clipped to a lanyard with a yellow foam doughnut so it's visible should it go overboard

And my pike flies all in one pocket hooked into foam

The other spare coiled carabiner lanyard on the left gets clipped onto my floating retaining/weigh sling that sits across the tube behind the seat

Hope that helps

6Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

One lesson I learned the hard way is that *everything* is going to get wet.

To deal with this, I use a waterproof pouch, hung around my neck, to hold my phone and keys and wallet. It's like a waterproof "pocket" for whatever I need to carry that can't get wet.

It also works as a convenient place to clip the retractable lanyard that holds my snips and hook sharpener and whistle.

7Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:26 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I recently started using braid and have changed over 4 or 5 of my reels. I know this is not a new but I picked up some small round white stickers, and wrote the braid line weight in them. Then I stick them under in the foot of the reel now when I am unsure what I am using I can simply pop the reel off and see the line weight. Simple but effective.

8Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:18 pm

joshyouwa.r

joshyouwa.r
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I got a few. The first one I'll share is I roll my waders up and place them on my seat. Then I put my fins and apron ( tote lid) on the seat and pull the straps so the back rest is tight.  Then I use the straps in the bottom and back pack the whole setup in. Leaves my hands free for my rods. I also have a big foot pump I use to fill up at home, then when I get to the water I have a little hand pump in case I need to top off. It fits behind my seat in the stretchy compartment.

9Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

joshyouwa.r wrote:I got a few. The first one I'll share is I roll my waders up and place them on my seat. Then I put my fins and apron ( tote lid) on the seat and pull the straps so the back rest is tight.  Then I use the straps in the bottom and back pack the whole setup in. Leaves my hands free for my rods. I also have a big foot pump I use to fill up at home, then when I get to the water I have a little hand pump in case I need to top off. It fits behind my seat in the stretchy compartment.

Cool I would be interested in a picture of your tube all backed up for carry if you have one that sound great.

10Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I'm still in the stone age with my 1.5"-ABS home-made rod-rack.

I own two different float tubes:
*Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe- (burnt orange w/ rod rack, XL Force Fins and 4-Sale).
*Cumberland Classics Accessories

I made the same rack design for both but modified it to fit each of the float tube's personal designs.
It seems that no two bungee lengths matched on either tube nor interchanged between tubes.

THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM!!
I found this at The Home Depot Hardware.
(2) Adjustable bungees with plastic hooks for $3.48

You may have other uses for this type of bungees but this is how I use it .... to keep the tension identical on both of the bungees
that are attached between the bottom side of the rod rack and the float tube company supplied D-Rings, located on the tube's bottom side.

I hope that someone out there will find this to be useful to them.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

11Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:38 pm

joshyouwa.r

joshyouwa.r
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
joshyouwa.r wrote:I got a few. The first one I'll share is I roll my waders up and place them on my seat. Then I put my fins and apron ( tote lid) on the seat and pull the straps so the back rest is tight.  Then I use the straps in the bottom and back pack the whole setup in. Leaves my hands free for my rods. I also have a big foot pump I use to fill up at home, then when I get to the water I have a little hand pump in case I need to top off. It fits behind my seat in the stretchy compartment.

Cool I would be interested in a picture of your tube all backed up for carry if you have one that sound great.
Yeah I'll get a picture to explain what I'm talking about

12Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 pm

joshyouwa.r

joshyouwa.r
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey sp Dan can I see a pic or two of your "apron" it looks like you riveted some plastic on the sides and I was curious about that set up if you get a chance

13Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:19 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Ok joshyouwa.r ... I'll try to get to it tomorrow. Thumbs Up

I purchase the package of 3- flexible plastic cutting sheets. I purchased 2- packages in order to have the same color on both sides of the tray and Yes ... I used rivets to attach the tube armor and tray together.

How far northward do you travel to fish? Do you fish NPH? I'd be glad to show it to you.
PM me your phone # and I'll text the pic's to you. Much easier for me.

I'll be heading out tomorrow (Sun) for another session.

Dan

14Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Ok ... here ya go joshyouwa.r,

Let me know if you need a different picture. Thumbs Up

15Tips and Tricks who's got some Empty Re: Tips and Tricks who's got some Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:57 pm

joshyouwa.r

joshyouwa.r
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

That is perfect. SP Dan wrote:Ok ... here ya go joshyouwa.r,

Let me know if you need a different picture. Thumbs Up
Not at all. That is perfect. So they basically protect your tube on the sides right? So you don't get a fish spine in it?  I left my tube at a buddies house and I'll grab it Tuesday and post a pic of what I'm using. 

Thanks again for the pics. I'll pm you this week.

It protects mostly the top side of each tube from the fish's barbs/ spins as well as when I shoot-the-dock cast; which is 90% of the time, so it also protects my tube from me.
I get my hook pretty close to my tubes at times when shooting and or skipping my way back into the back of the docks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum