FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tubing waters with gators

+2
SP Dan
ernest917
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 pm

ernest917

FTFF Gathering Officer

Question: Anyone had experience fishing eaters that has gators present????

I’ve got a fantastic local lake loaded with huge largemouth bass BUT it also has gators.....

Not sure how I feel about having my feet dangling from my tube with those critters around.... Shocked

2Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:30 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I say don’t do it.
Fish from a boat where your feet and legs are protected.
For me it’s a no brainer!

I sit on the edge of my seat looking forward to reading your fish report.

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am with Dan here gators mean no go for me Florida just does not seem float tube friendly to me sorry.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:53 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum ernest917!!

I am looking forward to some fishing reports. Maybe a different lake though.

5Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 am

ernest917

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks guys.... Those were my feelings as well....

As a recently retired bass fishing guide (32 yrs) I’ve run into gators numerous times but always from the safety of my bass boat... I just got my first float tube last week and am excited to try it out...

Gonna tackle building a rod holder next week when we are in one spot for a week or so (we live full-time in a 40’ Motorhome and travel ....

Looking forward to using my Tenkata fly rod which I believe is the PERFECT rig for float tubing.....

6Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 am

ernest917

FTFF Gathering Officer

It’s Tenkara.... Look it up.... You’ll love it....

7Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:42 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have seen them they are cool very unique type of fishing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Funny, y'all say no go on gator water but jump in shark territory on the regular. Very Happy Very Happy

9Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Did you see any sharks out there last night Dave or Toby! Rolling Eyes

Dave ... are you are comparing our man-made shallow inner harbors (6’ to 17’ depending on the tide) to all of the wildlife and dangers (water moccasins, Boa snakes, alligators, pythons, Bull Shark, Snapping Turtles ... etc) that the Everglades, swamps and or their waterways of Florida has to beware of? 

Ha ha ha! The most dangerous things that I’ve ever encountered in our inner harbors are either the new to the sport and out of control SUP’er’s, the canoe racing teams, and of course my fishing buddy GT!  Smile Ha ha ha!

Would you please share your personal shark and alligator experiences with all of us.  

You have me sitting on the edge of my float tube seat with my feet up out-of-the-water! lol

SP Dan     <“))><

10Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:53 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would definitely not fish in any gator infested water. I havent seen a shark fishing LAB. I have seen seals, turtles and dolphins. I have only heard of one tuber seeing a shark in Dana Point Harbor, but that is one person who told me this when I was 19. It was his story. He told me the shark came up right between his legs. He got out of the water and never went back. I don't know what type of shark The way he was talking it was either a white shark or mako.

11Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

There were a few juvenile Great Whites hanging around inside Long Beach harbor in 2017 .
You can see it on youtube

12Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon, that was the outer harbor of Long Beach shown in the clip, we all fish inside the inner harbors.

13Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

1. Ok, two (2) juvenile great whites sighted a couple years ago.

Now we need you to produce a recent news-clip or a video showing how many alligators are in the Everglades in a quarter mile area as a comparison to the earlier statement about jumping in the shark infested waters here compared to the alligator, many diff breeds of constrictor snakes, water moccasins, shark, snapping turtle infested waters of Florida.

Just to be fair and truthful

Ornery Bob stirred this same pot a few years ago and I haven’t heard of anybody being attacked by shark before or since his statements back then.

14Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

They have gators at Disney World down there.

15Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:48 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I just read quite a few articles about tubing down the river’s that have alligators in them and the articles agreed by saying that ... as long as you stay in large groups the alligators will leave you alone.

State parks also offer tube rentals to people who just want to hang-on to a tube and float down the river.

The articles also went on to say that the insects, snakes and deer are probably more dangerous than the alligators to the public

16Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:51 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:They have gators at Disney World down there.

Yes they do. 
A child was taken from the Disney beach and was killed by the crocodilian.

I remember that being in the news not too long ago.

17Float Tubing waters with gators Empty Re: Float Tubing waters with gators Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

A year or two ago there was a 6-7' great white in HH. How often do you stick your head underwater where the sharks are to see them while tubing? Gators walk on land so they're presence is pretty obvious. It may not be as bad as it is in Florida however if you think there's no sharks in the harbor, talk to someone who dives there frequently. If there's seals and dolphins chasing food guess what, so are sharks they just don't come up for air.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum