FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Today at 9:25 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Went kayak fishing today.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Went kayak fishing today..... Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 pm

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Buddy loaned me his $5,000 hobie peddle fishing kayak today to show me how much i needed a kayak to fish and just how crappy float tube fishing was. I hated it, we went to Huntington harbor and sure if i want to fish 2 miles or farther away the kayak was easy to travel in, but fishing for bass around docks was a pain in the ass, i dont like my poles dragging line behind me. access to my stuff was horrible, the wind and current effected me more when i was stopped and was casting. the water was 68 deg. and all i wanted to do was be floating in it on my tube. he wanted to fish all day...i lasted 2 hours and was done.

SP Dan likes this post

2Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:49 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

LOL
It was very nice of your friend to lend you his kayak for the day to try it out

I once owned a kayak that I bought in Sunset Beach.
I paid $3200 in 2014 for a new Hobie Outback w/
Mirage drive, transponder was mounted on the bottom of the hull, fish-finder, live well, batteries, gaff, Etc..

I took it out one time and it was heavy and awkward to carry for distances and or when lifting on top of my 4-Runner.

Yes I caught fish but I wasn’t really happy with it so I sold it the next day to a good friend who luv’d it.

Kayaks are really great but they’re just not designed for every application of fishing.

I luv float tube fishing.

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 pm

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i love tubing too, fishing slow but think i might have to get wet in morning, haven't decided yet

4Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:02 pm

steve-aka-fishy

steve-aka-fishy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lol 2 hours and you were done. I like float tube fishing because you can get in hard to reach areas and easy maneuverability. Down side is it's slow and your legs tired. I've also noticed sometimes you don't get the right leverage when setting the hook from far away.

5Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

With the kayak you can travel far and fast compared to the tube. I have a 10 foot kayak and it always feels like a balancing act to fight a fish. But I don't hate it.

6Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:46 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

LOL speaking of kayaks,

Me, my nephew and his two 12-year-old twin daughters had rented kayaks a few days ago at Two Harbors, Catalina.

I don’t know how it happened 🧐? but somehow while relaxing and cursing slowly in my kayak ... our excitement level got raised up and I found myself in a FULL BLOWN kayak race with my twin great nieces 😀 and (UD) Uncle Dan ended up rolling his kayak when balance ended and an unscheduled yet very refreshing swim began! 😂 lol

The ladies were 🏆🥇 victorious over UD this time!

SP Dan

Last edited by SP Dan on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

7Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:49 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

lol wish we had a video of that dan

8Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

f4mnect wrote:lol wish we had a video of that dan

LOL
It was all happening in such slow motion at the time and there were nothing that I could do to recover out-of-the-role by shifting my balance the other way ... it just kept-a-rolling. 😀

It was a super-cheap ride-on-top of beat-up beach rental yak and YES it would’ve been a funny video to share with everyone for sure Bob. 😉👍 Ha ha ha!

9Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm thinking about getting wet tomorrow, u have the same need

10Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

f4mnect wrote:I'm thinking about getting wet tomorrow, u have the same need

Bob, you’ve got my number, pick up your phone and give me a call if think that you’d like to fish with me. Ok?!
At this moment, I don’t know what I’m doing tomorrow.

11Went kayak fishing today..... Empty Re: Went kayak fishing today..... Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:18 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lol I hate talking on phone and Dan hates texting. We have communication issues lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum