FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5

+3
Jerdon
Bullgill66
jeffcpr
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok so this is not a new tube but it is kind of new to us here on the forum. I was offered an opportunity from CAPERLAND was to test and review there FLTB-5 Float Tube.
This is a back to the basics tube that is better than the basic tube. I should be receiving this tube in the next month if all goes well. What do you guys think does it look like a good ride or will it fall short. What are your thoughts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I think the seat design is interesting. The contoured leg areas may be more comfortable. I like the built in ruler on the apron. The storage system looks versatile. I am very interested in how it performs.

3New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yep there are some interesting ideas in this tube. I am excited to get it I hope sooner then later.

4New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I am liking it so far.
The storage solution looks great. I look forward to some fish catching reports.

5New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am

filippodg

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

What are the specs on this beauty? Smile $?

6New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I believe $250 and all the specs are in our current magazine issue.

7New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 am

filippodg

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks for sharing! Love the mag! Smile

jeffcpr likes this post

8New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:20 am

nicugoalkeper

FTFF Gathering Officer

It's a nice float at the right price (my opinion). After 1 year on the water (at least 4 days in a month) I like the product, the only thing I would still need would be the possibility to add oars. For a calmer river where I moved, and comming from a Cumberland that my wife is still using.
Still, I don't know how the fabric will resists over time if I glue or just atache those oars holders to it?
Maybe someone will give me their opinion ...

9New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:14 am

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nicugoalkeper, U prefer the Caperlan over the Cumberland? And for what particular performance characteristics?

'Nicu' as in 'Neonatal Intensive Care Unit'? Funny unrelated story. My won was born early and was in NICU at birth. When he was about five, he overheard friends talking about being graduates of MIT and UCLA. He piped up, 'I graduated from NICU.'

10New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:51 am

nicugoalkeper

FTFF Gathering Officer

Nice story Very Happy
And yes i like the Caperlan more, i hope it will last at least as much as the Cumberland.
My reasoning of changing from one to another:
First was the fact that I needed more space, so the 3 boxes where nice (FLTB-5) but i added the big box in the back an i got another medium and small box just so i have more space, now i only use the big box at the back, and one big box, one medium and 2 small ones. What is nice that i can put in one of my small boxex a second phone for my Deeper and I leave the lid open so I can see it. (no sun light in there so easy to view). The boxes can be arranged as desired, another thing I like.
The second thing is that it is very easy to get off the float and back on, i do this alot on river. And the net has a quick release sistem if you need to get out of the float quickly.
It has more rings to attach something to them, 2 more inside on each tube.
And I love the inflatable seat. Plus I didn't want to invest much in it.
But I still need oars for a more speed at the moment I use a double paddle for kayaks but mounted ones are the best. I don't need a motor because I want more exercise.
Beside the oars that I need, I only hated one thing, the fact that water enters under the seat chamber (very few, but it does sometimes). I was afraid that some small pieces of wood that float in the water will get there and puncture it. But I fixed that using a foam foil of 5mm under the chamber. Now all the all impurities are stoped in the foam so I just take out the foil and clean it under a shower once every 10 or so outings on water.
Still the Cumberland is a nice float tube so after 5 year on it I still love it, but my wife started fishing so I said I'd buy something else and util now I like it.

FloatTubeIQ likes this post

11New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:19 am

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thank you for the extended explanation. You gave me the data that I needed.  Much appreciated.

12New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

nicugoalkeper wrote:Nice story Very Happy
And yes i like the Caperlan more, i hope it will last at least as much as the Cumberland.
My reasoning of changing from one to another:
First was the fact that I needed more space, so the 3 boxes where nice (FLTB-5) but i added the big box in the back an i got another medium and small box just so i have more space, now i only use the big box at the back, and one big box, one medium and 2 small ones. What is nice that i can put in one of my small boxex a second phone for my Deeper and I leave the lid open so I can see it. (no sun light in there so easy to view). The boxes can be arranged as desired, another thing I like.
The second thing is that it is very easy to get off the float and back on, i do this alot on river. And the net has a quick release sistem if you need to get out of the float quickly.
It has more rings to attach something to them, 2 more inside on each tube.
And I love the inflatable seat. Plus I didn't want to invest much in it.
But I still need oars for a more speed at the moment I use a double paddle for kayaks but mounted ones are the best. I don't need a motor because I want more exercise.
Beside the oars that I need, I only hated one thing, the fact that water enters under the seat chamber (very few, but it does sometimes). I was afraid that some small pieces of wood that float in the water will get there and puncture it. But I fixed that using a foam foil of 5mm under the chamber. Now all the all impurities are stoped in the foam so I just take out the foil and clean it under a shower once every 10 or so outings on water.
Still the Cumberland is a nice float tube so after 5 year on it I still love it, but my wife started fishing so I said I'd buy something else and util now I like it.

That is a great write up thanks for sharing this. I am very interested to get the FLTB-5 in my hands and test it out soon. The supply chain is not cooperating very well right now LOL.
I will look in to the sit issue you described as well.

13New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:44 am

nicugoalkeper

FTFF Gathering Officer

As for the seat problem, I don't know if it's a big problem if you don't get out of it often during fishing (you can clean under the seat chamber after a day), but if you get out often then there's a good chance you'll get up from the chair and under the seat chamber between bottom and chamber you will have some water (form the lake or river) and in it you can find different small pieces of wood that will press again the chamber and the bottom of the float. Even if the float tube has two holes for the water to drain, the debris can still remain there. If the seat would have been made out of foam, then no problems at all (maybe the wanted it that way in the beginning).

14New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya I have used the foam seat with the Cumberland for years and just recently started using an inflatable seat. Of course the inflatable seats I am using now are PVC seats very tough material. I to am wondering what I think of the seat the FLTB-5 works for me.
Your concerns of there site I think are well founded and you may have a good fix to this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

15New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:23 am

Schalleymeister

FTFF Gathering Officer

Looks like it's only available on eBay? $200 + $100 shipping. Too new to get it yet?

16New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:57 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Schalleymeister wrote:Looks like it's only available on eBay?  $200 + $100 shipping.  Too new to get it yet?

It is also sold at Decathlon but they are out as well. I have a connection so I will see if they know when they will be in. I was told it should late April we are there and still nothing.

17New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm

nicugoalkeper

FTFF Gathering Officer

From my experience whit Dechatlon, I so that it works to go on the product page and to add the email there for notification when in stock and after 1-2 days  send an email to them and ask about a product. It seems to speed up things 😀.

18New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Empty Re: New Tube CAPERLAN FLTB-5 Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

nicugoalkeper wrote:From my experience whit Dechatlon, I so that it works to go on the product page and to add the email there for notification when in stock and after 1-2 days  send an email to them and ask about a product. It seems to speed up things 😀.

Thanks for the heads up unfortunately I am direct contact with the creator of the product. Right now it about a lack of supplies. I am in contact monthly right now and it should be available sooner the later I hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum