FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tubes not allowed Lake Perris anymore ?

+2
SP Dan
Misfitdog
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lake Perris State Recreation Area

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
May 28, 2021
Contact: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lake Perris State Recreation Area Bans Use of Non-U.S. Coast Guard-Approved Flotation Devices
Pool toys, rafts and floats are unsafe in open water reservoirs
PERRIS, Calif. – Lake Perris State Recreation Area (SRA) today announced the ban of non-U.S. Coast Guard-approved flotation devices due to an increase in near-drownings. The ban will be in effect until further notice. Over the past four weeks, three near-drownings of children attempting to retrieve their lost inflatables took place. Children are often the victims in these aquatic emergencies, as they typically are distracted by their swim toys and not as aware of their surroundings.
Pool toys, rafts and floats are unsafe in open water reservoirs. In recent years, there has been an increased use at Lake Perris SRA of large four-to-10-person unicorn, bull, dragon and other animal-themed rafts. The natural tendency for children is to then play in the raft, and most often the passengers, sometimes multiple individuals, fall out. When they do, they are often in imminent danger, especially when the winds are blowing offshore. These offshore winds may cause these flotation devices to blow away faster than people can swim to them, causing conditions that can present life-threatening situations for inexperienced swimmers, as they may suddenly find themselves in 30 feet of water and 50 or more yards from shore.
California State Parks encourages visitors who cannot swim or who are not confident in their abilities to wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket to avoid a tragedy. Below are some additional water recreation safety tips to keep yourself and your loved ones safe this summer season:
• Wear a properly fitted life jacket - Always check the label for correct use and size and approval from the U.S. Coast Guard. Wearing a life jacket can increase survival time and provide some thermal protection against the onset of cold-water shock. It can also keep you afloat until someone can rescue you.
• Actively supervise children at all times - Appoint a designated “water watcher,” taking turns with other adults. Do not assume that someone is watching the children.
• Use the buddy system - Never swim alone and be cautious at unguarded beaches, lakes and rivers. Whenever possible, swim at a lifeguard-protected beach.
• Know the rules - Observe rules and only swim in designated areas.
• Know your limits - Keep in mind and teach children that swimming in open water can be more difficult and taxing than in a pool.
Visitors can find additional safety tips at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Located about 65 miles south of Los Angeles and 11 miles southeast of Riverside, Lake Perris is ringed by various hills and small mountains. The 8,800 acres of broad valley are bound on three sides by low ridges. The Bernasconi Hills and the Russell, Apuma and Armada mountains obscure the view of nearby cities and allow visitors to enjoy various recreational activities such as camping, horseback riding, water sports and rock climbing. The popular Bernasconi Beach is home to the “Big Rock” climbing area, which draws hundreds of rock climbing enthusiasts, and a boating day-use area. The top of the dam also features a 2.2-mile, paved multiuse trail that accommodates hikers, bikers and equestrians.
Subscribe to California State Parks News online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
California State Parks and the recreational programs supported by its divisions of Boating and Waterways, Historic Preservation and Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation provide the opportunity for families, friends, and communities to connect. Off-highway motor vehicle recreation, boating activities, horseback riding, cycling, hiking, camping, rock climbing, tours, hikes, school group enrichment, and special events are just some of the activities enjoyed in 280 park units organized into 21 field districts throughout the state. Learn more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan

SP Dan

I didn’t read that float tubes were not approved at Lake Perris.
The write up refered to blow up toys for children.

And besides, I wear a US Coast Guard approved PFD anyway.
Thank you for sharing this! 👍

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya we need to check into this more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] did you hear this from the horses mouth so to speak or just the write up. This would suck if they pulled the ability to tube Perris but I can see why it could happen.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Its directly linked on the parks page and lake perris posted it this morning, need to get more clarification for sure

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:I didn’t read that float tubes were not approved at Lake Perris.

SP Dan

Yes I see this Dan , but it also states Non-U.S. Coast Guard-Approved Flotation Devices and someone asked about inflatable kayaks and they said they where included in the ban . Will try and update as I can

SP Dan

SP Dan

Misfitdog wrote:
SP Dan wrote:I didn’t read that float tubes were not approved at Lake Perris.

SP Dan

Yes I see this Dan , but it also states Non-U.S. Coast Guard-Approved Flotation Devices and someone asked about inflatable kayaks and they said they where included in the ban . Will try and update as I can

Thumbs Up

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Interesting for sure. 
I wonder how they will view a metal framed pontoon with oars, or a float tube with oars.

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

USCG Ruling on float tubes if you want to read. Yes, you gotta open the file in order to read it. But, the short version is float tubes are vessels in the eyes of the USCG.

NulodPBall and Jerdon like this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

kin wrote:USCG Ruling on float tubes if you want to read. Yes, you gotta open the file in order to read it. But, the short version is float tubes are vessels in the eyes of the USCG.

Thanks Kin I will be checking this out

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What if a tube does not have a vessel number? Or do all float tubes have vessel numbers? I'm in California.

Thanks.

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well they are still allowing float tubes so that is a great thing Smile fish on guys

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yahoooooo good news