FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comfortable Float Tube Seats?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:43 pm

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

A bit curious. I sat on three different float tubes recently and while all the seats work, none of them seem particularly comfortable.  The most comfortable seat I have is my Gumotex/Inova inflatable kayak seats but those are not available for aftermarket sale - unfortunately.

So, curious what seats you all like the most for all-day comfort?  

For me, inflatable seats seem to make more sense as you can customize the pressure.  I see some square blocky-looking drop-stitched seats on some higher-end hybrid float tubes and wonder how comfortable they may be.

Litefoot likes this post

2Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Re: Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So on the subject of seat comfort I have heard people go back and forth on this. They have said that the foam seat is better then the air seat and vice a versa. The Kayak seat I think leave much to be desired but there is a reason for it in some cases.
Let me start here I have tried them all and I will say that the Inflatable seat is probably the most comfortable seat I have used (even thought most of my seats are now Kayak seats). Here is the issue, The design of the tube make the seat important. The kayak seat on lets say my Maxon XPW 240 or the Gigbob 2.0 are there because of the distance from the water surface. Don't get me wrong you can add an inflatable seat to these boats and still be able to kick, but it will change your position and kick over all. I did this about 4 years ago with the Flatform I had and it did not work as well as I hoped. by adding the inflatable seat it changed my distance form the water which made kicking.....not impossible but very different.
So the seat on you boat is there for a reason to change it means a learning curve and that is fine. But if I had to pick a seat to use from this point forward to would be an inflatable seat for sure. Just my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Litefoot likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Re: Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:32 pm

desmobob

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have three tubes: a Wilderness Lite Backpacker Pro, an OutCast FatCat, and a Scadden Raptor Lite Speed X.  

The Backpacker Pro has a simple sling-type fabric seat.  It would be very comfortable except I gradually slide forward on it and have to struggle a bit every so often to get my butt back towards the rear of the seat, so I only give it an "OK" rating.

The FatCat has a pretty stiff closed-cell foam seat.  I'd rate it as "OK-" for comfort.

Scadden offers a hard plastic swivel seat or a thin padded foam seat.  I have the foam seat.  I'd also rate it as "OK+" comfort-wise.

To improve comfort, I have a self-inflating ThermaRest sit pad (part of my camping gear) that I add to the tubes' seats.  It's a nice addition that makes any of the seats a little more comfortable without adding enough thickness to change the seating/kicking geometry.

Litefoot likes this post

4Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Re: Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:45 am

guido

FTFF Gathering Officer

The inflatable seat(/floor) on the Outcast Prowler is pretty decent. Much more comfortable than the "lawn chair" seat on my fishing kayak...

Litefoot likes this post

5Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Re: Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

There are Pros and Cons Air you can Adjust But the cushion works 2.

6Comfortable Float Tube Seats?  Empty Re: Comfortable Float Tube Seats? Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Litefoot wrote:There are Pros and Cons Air you can Adjust But the cushion works 2.

Personally I feel the cushion seat are better, but I can see how people like the inflatable seats.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum