FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

I finally have wheels!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I finally have wheels! Empty I finally have wheels! Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:17 pm

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

When I bought the FRM Boards hybrid float tube a year ago on Amazon, it came with a motor mount which I never plan on using because I'm mounting a Bixpy underneath it later this summer.

Being a large hybrid, the FT is quite a bit heavier than my previous models, and in several places I frequently fish, I have to haul it to the water - which can be pretty hard on my bad back and knees.

Anyway I designed and built some wheels to make it easier.
They utilize two of the motor mounts built into the tube.  In the down position I can easily roll it to the water, and then just flip them over when I am fishing.

Just thought I'd share with the group.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan and BHfish like this post

2I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:07 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

That’s an awesome set up. You will enjoy the wheels for that heavier tube and can load all your gear on it and roll easy to and from the water. And you’ll love the bixby motor when you get it dialed in . It will move that tube around great . Are you doing the slide and lock , glue on mount??

3I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is a great setup buddy great idea thanks for sharing. If you are ok with it I will share in out further on Social Media as well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:08 pm

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:That is a great setup buddy great idea thanks for sharing.  If you are ok with it I will share in out further on Social Media as well.

Of course, share away!

jeffcpr likes this post

5I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:13 pm

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

BigMaxFloats wrote:That’s an awesome set up. You will enjoy the wheels for that heavier tube and can load all your gear on it and roll easy to and from the water.  And you’ll love the bixby motor when you get it dialed in .  It will move that tube around great . Are you doing the slide and lock , glue on mount??

Yes the slide and lock glue on mount is what I envision. I am planning on getting one in June when I come into some money to make it happen. The Bixpy seems a much more elegant solution for a float tube than a motor mount and trolling motor. And I won't have to deal with a tiller. I will remain hands free.

6I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:09 pm

Pablosparky

Pablosparky
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

This is neat.🍻 I've been thinking of something like this to drag my tube down to the water with the tube ready to go. I'll have to improvise something a little different for my Cumberland and fltb5.

SP Dan likes this post

7I finally have wheels! Empty Re: I finally have wheels! Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:29 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Pablosparky wrote:This is neat.🍻 I've been thinking of something like this to drag my tube down to the water with the tube ready to go. I'll have to improvise something a little different for my Cumberland and fltb5.

I’ll be looking 👀 forward to your pictures of your DIY motor mount on your Cumberland float tube. 👍🏼

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum