FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newport session Sunday morning

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newport session Sunday morning Empty Newport session Sunday morning Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:00 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Jeffcpr and I did a Newport Harbor session yesterday morning.  Weather was cold, overcast. damp and a little breezy.  Water was also cold. We both had our FloatPlus 1s and motored them up with Bixpy motors.  Motored out of the east side of the channel against the tide towards the bait barge and driifted back in on the west side with the current . Jeff got on the board early with a nice spotty but then it shut off.  He got another one later by the docks on the west side but I got the big 🦨.  Had a great time still.  Motors worked great until they plugged up with drifting grass.  Stopped off at the baby beach to clear the chunks out and finished the day ok.  There is a different screen from Bixpy to possibly help with that so I ordered it and we’ll see how it goes.  

Last trip out I tried my wheel set from Float Plus and they didn’t do too well on the sand so I modified them and put a pneumatic tire on there and it worked pretty good yesterday so I can load up at the truck and wheel to the launch site instead of backpack straps or multiple trips.  Id have to say it was a success even though it’s not perfect.  Back up hill fully loaded in the sand was tough .but that might be a fitness issue not equipment .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[/[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pablosparky and beedee like this post

2Newport session Sunday morning Empty Re: Newport session Sunday morning Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:01 pm

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

Thanks for the report and pics

When I had a Colorado pontoon, first mod were harbor freight wheels.

Plowing thru eelgrass, kelp comes with the territory as you have to fish where the fish are.  Part of the reason I stayed with traditional trolling motor so I can lift it out of the water and manually clear.  I also remove prop couple times a season to clear any weeds, line, spectra that has wrapped around the propeller shaft behind the blades.

Played around with 2, 3 blade and RC plane propellers on the trolling motor for weed cutting, torque, speed.

Pablosparky likes this post

3Newport session Sunday morning Empty Re: Newport session Sunday morning Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:56 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So for the late reply. Thanks BigMaxFloats for the ride down and the company on the water. As well for the use of the Bixby Motor. I have been waiting to try out the Float Plus Motor for years. While i know it will be here someday it was nice to get a shot at motorizing the Float Plus 1. So the Bixby motor fits like a glove as BigMaxFloats has mentioned. It works very well on the tube. Just a heads up for those that might be interested.
The day was cold and dreary as posted but time on the water is always great. I ended up with 2 nothing special but the tug is the drug right. Over all the day went well and we left some fish for next time. Again thanks for joining me on Fathers Day as well as allowing me to bum a ride.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

Pablosparky, BigMaxFloats and beedee like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Newport session Sunday morning Empty Re: Newport session Sunday morning Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:02 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Thanks JmyTuna for the prop input . If the other guard doesn’t do what I want I may try to go to a different traditional trolling motor prop . Not sure if they will even work on that shaft . Haven’t really even got in there that deep . The Bixpy design with their prop is more like a jet with a nozzle. I’d have to see if that was all removed would a two or three blade prop even work . I’m up for the experiment for aure. It’s still a new setup so a few more outings and the finer screen will be the next steps.

Nice pics Jeff. I like the two FP1s on the beach . Good marketing photo to send to the Netherlands.

5Newport session Sunday morning Empty traditional trolling motor Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:23 pm

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

BigMaxFloats wrote:Thanks JmyTuna for the prop input . If the other guard doesn’t do what I want I may try to go to a different traditional trolling motor prop . Not sure if they will even work on that shaft . Haven’t really even got in there that deep . The Bixpy design with their prop is more like a jet with a nozzle.  I’d have to see if that was all removed would a two or three blade prop even work . I’m up for the experiment for aure.  It’s still a new setup so a few more outings and the finer screen will be the next steps.

Nice pics Jeff.  I like the two FP1s on the beach . Good marketing photo to send to the Netherlands.

Bixpy probably engineered with specific prop
If you ever go down traditional trolling motor route, pretty happy with Haswing brushless and 50AH Lithium Ionic battery last several years.

6Newport session Sunday morning Empty Re: Newport session Sunday morning Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:57 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

jmytuna wrote:
BigMaxFloats wrote:Thanks JmyTuna for the prop input . If the other guard doesn’t do what I want I may try to go to a different traditional trolling motor prop . Not sure if they will even work on that shaft . Haven’t really even got in there that deep . The Bixpy design with their prop is more like a jet with a nozzle.  I’d have to see if that was all removed would a two or three blade prop even work . I’m up for the experiment for aure.  It’s still a new setup so a few more outings and the finer screen will be the next steps.

Nice pics Jeff.  I like the two FP1s on the beach . Good marketing photo to send to the Netherlands.

Bixpy probably engineered with specific prop
If you ever go down traditional trolling motor route, pretty happy with Haswing brushless and 50AH Lithium Ionic battery last several years.

Awesome Thanks.. I'm not getting any bites on selling the Maxxon so I may rig that up with a traditional motor.

7Newport session Sunday morning Empty Re: Newport session Sunday morning Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:00 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Newport is another nice place to tube and fish. Glad you got out there and experimented with your float tube mod's as well.

BigMaxFloats likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum