FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speaking of Burgers!

+10
Tubinferbass
Aquaholic38
ed5000x
MASSfisher
BASSGEEK
LGHT
Fisher
waxon67
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:37 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Some thirty years ago, up in the San Fernando Valley there was a place called George's. Located in Van Nuys, some 30ft or so off the RR tracks near Valley College. Voted one of the best burgers in the Valley at one time. Just a little hole in the wall place that stood all by itself off the tracks. Big fat juicy and oh so tasty. While eating it, juice would just drip out of it..Fries were the best in town. Top it off with a nice soft drink that actually used sugar and not that dang corn syrup stuff.. And if you had a chance before work to go get some breakfast, you were in for a real treat..Fresh eggs and thick slices of bacon. Good stuff. cheers

27Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

7 Oaks Resort...

28Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

All about turkey buyers now go healthy

29Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:00 pm

miller81

miller81
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If you guys want a good burger and frys go to a place called five guys. They are by far the best burger joint I ever found. They make in & out burgers seem like mcd's burgers. Fresh burgers, steak frys and you tell them what you want for toppings. For a burger, frys, and large drink it's about 10.00 bucks but well worth every penny. I know there is one in Dana point, heard about one in Fullerton, and in corona, but I would rate them a 10+. Give it a try might just like them

30Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey Fullerton is close to me might need to try this out one day.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

31Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lunch time and here we go again...

32Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff, if you find them, post the location yeah? geek

33Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i didnt care for five guyz burgers my aunt and uncle swear there the best they had to me it was just a normal burger the only good thing is u got to put what topping u want on it and they dont charge extra for them and u get to eat peanuts while u wait for your burger too which is kinda cool

34Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree with fisher five guys burgers are not up to par just a typical burger nothing special. It's hard to beat in-and-out burgers five guys are not in the same ball park.

35Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i dont like in n out either hahah

36Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol! But there way better than five guys and 1/2 the price

37Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

38Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Was that your lunch Tom?

39Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What abut "fat burger"? They put a fry egg on it, I liked it, and if you finish one XXXL they put your picture on the wall, of Top of carnivours!!

40Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

@ n2deep -Nope. Dino chicken nuggets. I had to break the cycle. Wink

41Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I agree with fisher five guys burgers are not up to par just a typical burger nothing special. It's hard to beat in-and-out burgers five guys are not in the same ball park.

I thought the same thing. My GF wanted to try them out we always see them in DC. They just opened a new one Harbor 2 blocks away from a Sonic, In-N-Out AND a McDonalds. I was serious disappointed in the burger. For starters a double cheese with bacon ALONE cost the same price of a full Double Double meal. The bun was tiny, meat was ok and I told the what looked like 12 year old cashier I wanted my onions GRILLED all the way through and it when I got my burger it seemed like they barely touched the grill. All in all a double for me single for her 1 drink and 1 med fry cost almost $20.00. Not only was the burger and fry's so so the really over charge you compared to other burger spots.

I don't see them staying in business too long. A year or so at most, but then they will quickly loose their hype and go back to the east cost where they is very little competition.

42Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm

miller81

miller81
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have not been to the one in Fullerton yet but I am thinking about looking it up and finding it this weekend. The only other place I found for burgers is my back yard. I make a mean BBQ/ smoked hickey or oak burger cheers Lol.

43Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice!! How late is it open on weekends? tongue

44Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:30 pm

miller81

miller81
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Not sure been there once durning lunch time. A buddy took me to the one in corona

45Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I ment the one on your back yard! Lol

46Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 pm

miller81

miller81
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lol bring the burgers and the beer I'll BBQ lol

47Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Deal! Lol

48Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:06 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I can be the judge! Lol

49Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:44 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

veggie for me sound nasty but they are ok lmao

50Speaking of Burgers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Speaking of Burgers! Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:47 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I can be the judge! Lol

Are you certified? If not and you guys want a certified judge let me know Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum