FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here comes mini-Me

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Here comes mini-Me Empty Here comes mini-Me Sun May 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My son was watching the youtube video of yesterday's Dana Point fishing.
He says that looks like fun. So, I told him it was, but it was kind of hard work, like exercise.
Sort of sounding like I was discouraging him. He bit.. FISH-ON!!

He starts saying he already knows how to swim, and he can kick, and how he already has fins
from our Maui snorkeling.. LOL...

So I pulled the trigger today.

Ordered a float tube for my son!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And, $50 breathable waders from BPS.

So... my question.. where should we go? I was thinking that corner piece of water in the LAB? Not any boat traffic, and we can just kick around a bit? maybe fish some squid.. or ghosties? or maybe Mother's Beach? or maybe even Dana Point?? That DP harbor area was all pretty calm, and actually Lok was the first to give me that suggestion awhile back, as a good spot to take my son. Hmmm... Anything else? I already have a PFD for him, and will probably leash his tube to mine.

Cool... looking forward to getting my lil' fishing bud back. cheers

2Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dude thats so awesome! LAB and mothers bch. has alot of rowers traffic,

3Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Thats awesome buddy, I would take him to NPH

4Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 12:37 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Thats awesome buddy, I would take him to NPH

yeah? why NPH? I just looked at google maps, and NPH looks huge!! I have no idea where to launch a float tube!

I guess at first, the most important thing is safety and getting him comfortable in the tube. So, calm waters and no boats would be key. Easy water entry, and access to bathrooms would be good also. But, if there's some good fishing going on, that'd be a nice bonus. I'd be willing to stack the deck with squid and ghost shrimp to increase the bite for him. He's happy catching anything, and always seems to pull in a few croakers and the occasional small hali.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys!

5Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 7:22 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thats awsome! I cant wait for my little son to be old enough to tube it with me (he's only 2 1/2), but I will put him on some fish soon! I'd hit up NPH also, super easy launches, and there are literally dozens of them. Try 15th street or H street.

Last edited by wiseguy on Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

6Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 am

15th st, sandy launch and there a bathroom right there as well, tide is not bad and not much boat traffic. I think it's the safest or take him to lake Parris, the bluegills are going off. Launch from lots 11& 12 and go left. The only think you need to watch for then would be the wind

7Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You have mail Jay Thumbs Up

8Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 8:56 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:15th st, sandy launch and there a bathroom right there as well, tide is not bad and not much boat traffic. I think it's the safest or take him to lake Parris, the bluegills are going off. Launch from lots 11& 12 and go left. The only think you need to watch for then would be the wind

X2..... The bite at perris is popin off.. For gill bobber n millworms r crickets or even funner lil snapbeans an bass are hittin senkos n babt brush hogs. The water is nice fir no wadders an water is calm so more time helpin out young one....

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

9Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:
miller wrote:15th st, sandy launch and there a bathroom right there as well, tide is not bad and not much boat traffic. I think it's the safest or take him to lake Parris, the bluegills are going off. Launch from lots 11& 12 and go left. The only think you need to watch for then would be the wind

X2..... The bite at perris is popin off.. For gill bobber n millworms r crickets or even funner lil snapbeans an bass are hittin senkos n babt brush hogs. The water is nice fir no wadders an water is calm so more time helpin out young one....

wow.. thanks guys for all the info. Good stuff.. Thumbs Up

That Perris bluegill bite is tempting! I'm just thinking I have to plan for the worst, that he might want to bail out after an hour in the water. Do I want to drive 2-hrs there and have to leave soon? Hmm... maybe I can bring the whole family. Is there a nice picnic or play area close to a good launch site? And do you think it'll be CRAAAAZZZY on Monday, Memorial Day? Suspect

10Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Perris has some really good picnic areas an lsome good swimming spots too. It jus might get busy on memorial day but theres alot of shore line to have fun. An if im not mistaken theres a playground aswell. Theres restrooms real close by to any launch area too. The water is pretty calm around power cove an east end so wont have to battle a current or waves real nice an mellow.

11Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Btw thats the tube me an my brother use should be quiet happy with it I love mine!

12Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 11:00 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Btw thats the tube me an my brother use should be quiet happy with it I love mine!

cool.. I was worried, because I think sonarBP has had some issues with the newest caddis.. but I think that was a different model. It seems like this one sits a bit lower in the water, which will be better for my 8-year old son's short legs.. and overall, everyone seems to be pretty happy with the caddis lineup.

thanks for the great info on Perris! Seriously considering taking the whole fam on Monday. I might PM you later for some more specific tips on freshwater tubing, especially for getting my son (and me) on that bluegill bite. I have zero experience in freshwater. Embarassed

13Here comes mini-Me Empty Re: Here comes mini-Me Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Np on the info man..... Jus hit me up.. I know of some good spots but if you want the gill hot spots an tech kelster is the man to talk too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum