FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories

+2
flyfishingfool
MASSfisher
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Mon May 28, 2012 11:16 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Don't wanna....but I have to. I'm trying to get a kayak that I can use out here and back home. A float tube will just sit around doing nothin' back home so I'm looking to invest in something more versatile right now.

I'll post pics later if requested but here's what I got:

Fish Cat 4 Float tube:
-Bought about 6 months ago
-Great condition, no leaks and a few signs of minor wear but nothing crazy.

Fins:
-Not 100% on the brand but they cost me $50 at BPS
-One buckle broke so I had to pay almost $20 for it to be replaced

Bait Net:
-I believe it's a 5 gallon net
-I've had pelicans try to tear it up and they couldn't even damage it.

PFD:
-Cheap orange one from wal-mart...may save you the trouble of buying one though.

Rod Holder:
-Basic design with PVC.....not glued yet.

****I also forgot to include:

Double action pump made by outcast.

I'm trying to sell it all as a package. I will only break it up as a last resort. I feel like the price I'm asking is a fair price for the whole package.

Asking $225

I'm selling this for $240 on craigslist so you guys get a good deal Very Happy

PM me if interested

Last edited by MASSfisher on Mon May 28, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Wow, the pelican attack must have been exciting.

At that price you should have no problem unloading it. Good luck on the sale.

BTW, what's the load rating on the tube?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

3For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Mon May 28, 2012 11:28 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The tube is rated for 250 pounds.

Like I said in another post, if anybody knows of a person trying yo get rid of a kayak let me know please. If I can keep my tube and get a cheap yak that somebody doesn't want I'd be willing to drop some money for it.

Good luck with the sale buddy.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Good luck with the sale buddy.
X2

6For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys. May be able to hold onto the tube if I can figure out a way I can transport a 13 foot yak with my truck without paying for some $250+ roof rack. Guess I could strap it in my truck...may end up doing that and save the money on the roof rack and not need to sell the tube at all. Hmmmmm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SOLD!

But I'm still a tuber...just don't have one right now! Gonna take a break, give the legs a rest. Hoping I pick up a yak soon so I can still fish with some of ya'll.

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

suck it up Marine! or did ya forget your training? IMPROVISE, ADAPT, OVERCOME!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

haha well I'll be adapting by yaking for awhile....now i just need a yak!

10For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 pm

WTG, you get full price?

11For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got $240 via Craigslist....which is still a fair price for everything. Brand new everything cost me almost $300.

I'm kinda upset for getting rid of it but money is tight for me right now. When I go home I can use a kayak but float tubing will be near impossible in the salt and tough in the cold New England water.

My goal: Buy a yak now (if I wait till I'm back in Mass I probably won't have the money to afford one). Fish the hell out of it now and try to catch some new species or at least just explore and do new stuff....just paddling around the bay and seeing new things will almost be worth it.

When I get home I'm gonna try to yak the end of the Striper run and then be miserable as hell during the winter when the fish are gone and it's -20 degrees.

Then, during the spring I'll buy a new tube to hit some little ponds that I used to fish from shore as a kid.

12For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Thu May 31, 2012 5:20 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sorry to see the tube go but it sounds like the yak will work better for you back home. The best of luck finding one and now you get to set it up like you want. One thing good about So Cal we can tube year round.

13For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:14 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Have you kayaked before? I have found out there is a learning curve...just FYI and good luck back home!

14For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Never kayaked before. When i go hoke it's either fish from the shore or kayak....ill do some shore fishing but either way im gonna get a yak.

It was a risky decision but i figured that if i got rid of my tube now i would have no option but to fish for the species ive wanted to target for years but never did.

On the bright side...i will consider buying one of my old float tubes back from on of my buddies (i upgraded twice and sold them a tube each). They are about to go on deployment so maybe i can get a tube for cheap. It would be a downgrade (i already have regular dive fins....whatever). I dont view a downgrade as a bad thing though. I can use the extra money from my FC4 to buy a rod (looking for a Teramar 76mh).

Ok so long story short: im gonna end up on a yak eventually in Massachusetts....why not start now and target a few new species before i leave. I love catching spotties and LMB but when you have 5 months left and havent caught a yellow or calico from the kelp you start to prioritize stuff.

Im gonna end up buying a decent/crappy tube...im still in the game guys just downgrading in order to open up new opportunities.

15For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories  Empty Re: For sale: Fish Cat 4 w/ accessories Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:10 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sry bout the spelling...im doing this from my phone lol.

Oh yea...if somebody has a dirt cheap tube (anything around $50-60) maybe ill buy it hehe. Ill check with my buddies though they may need the money before they go to Afghaniland and might need the room.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum