FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube####

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Empty ####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 am

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sold.......

Last edited by InspectaDekz on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Pick up only? No ship?....

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

David still looking for a ODC 420 ?

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well... looking for something.

I went fishing today and got a reminder just how big my home lake is. At 56k acres, even the furthest backwaters are daunting, overgrown and
mysterious....

####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### 2013-011
Back bay off Lake Murray, SC.

Standing in the rain today, I was casting my little Beetle Spin from the bank and generally loving the angling life. Then I spotted something swimming in the murky water. Like most of the East, we've had nothing but rain for weeks and the water is like chocolate milk.... visibility is one inch or less. No joke.

I rear back to cast and IT broke the surface. To be honest, I don't know what I saw. It was 30 yards out and both the rain and water conditions made it impossible to tell. it was big enough to make me question my sanity, though.

It had fins; I could see that much. At four feet, give or take, it was prowling along minding its own affairs. My guess is a large catfish. 75+ pounders are routinely taken from the main lake.... ten miles away. However, weeks of swollen creeks dumping into the lake could very well have brought one of the beasts into this back water.

It may have also been a *medium* sized gar, which is worse. I caught one last year from my kayak that had me pretty shook up. Again, I was flinging a Beetle Spin into some shallow structure and thought I had hung on a snag... until my "snag" swam off with me in tow. When I had reeled myself up to it - not the other way round - I saw what I had to contend with. Lets just say I was relieved when it spit my battered spinner back into my lap and sauntered off.

No kidding; it actually sauntered. I felt like I was no more than a bothersome little pimple on its @ss

If you've ever seen one of these long-nose gar, you'll know that having one at tubin' level cannot be for the faint of heart. If you've NEVER seen one, think barracuda with a longer, bigger mouth.

I recently sold a ten foot kayak so I could try tubing. Right now, I'm checking Craigslist for a bigger kayak...

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Still available. .....

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

dayhut wrote:Pick up only? No ship?....
I can ship but you would have to pay for it.

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Of course I would pay shipping. I had no other notions.
But Im still vacillating...

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

dayhut wrote:Of course I would pay shipping. I had no other notions.
But Im still vacillating...
Let me know.

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

WIll do Im out of town for a week.
WIll make some sort of decision when I return.

10####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Empty Re: ####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Gar + tubing = crinching ..
Gator + tubing = piss and poop in my shorts.

11####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Empty Re: ####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:17 am

TheAsianGuy wrote:Gar + tubing = crinching ..
Gator + tubing = piss and poop in my shorts.

hmm well that maybe a defense mechanism against a Gator , who would want to eat that , Or it may make you taste better as now all the toxins are gone

WES

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

dayhut wrote:Well... looking for something.

I went fishing today and got a reminder just how big my home lake is. At 56k acres, even the furthest backwaters are daunting, overgrown and
mysterious....

####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### 2013-011
Back bay off Lake Murray, SC.

Standing in the rain today, I was casting my little Beetle Spin from the bank and generally loving the angling life. Then I spotted something swimming in the murky water. Like most of the East, we've had nothing but rain for weeks and the water is like chocolate milk.... visibility is one inch or less. No joke.

I rear back to cast and IT broke the surface. To be honest, I don't know what I saw. It was 30 yards out and both the rain and water conditions made it impossible to tell. it was big enough to make me question my sanity, though.

It had fins; I could see that much. At four feet, give or take, it was prowling along minding its own affairs. My guess is a large catfish. 75+ pounders are routinely taken from the main lake.... ten miles away. However, weeks of swollen creeks dumping into the lake could very well have brought one of the beasts into this back water.

It may have also been a *medium* sized gar, which is worse. I caught one last year from my kayak that had me pretty shook up. Again, I was flinging a Beetle Spin into some shallow structure and thought I had hung on a snag... until my "snag" swam off with me in tow. When I had reeled myself up to it - not the other way round - I saw what I had to contend with. Lets just say I was relieved when it spit my battered spinner back into my lap and sauntered off.

No kidding; it actually sauntered. I felt like I was no more than a bothersome little pimple on its @ss

If you've ever seen one of these long-nose gar, you'll know that having one at tubin' level cannot be for the faint of heart. If you've NEVER seen one, think barracuda with a longer, bigger mouth.

I recently sold a ten foot kayak so I could try tubing. Right now, I'm checking Craigslist for a bigger kayak...

I've seen gar in the Cooper River that would scare a gator....What a Face 

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I've seen gar in the Cooper River that would scare a gator....

Oh yeah! I still recall my first monster.

WARNING: RAMBLE ALERT.
This member is about to start rambling. Read further at your own risk.

My first gar in South Carolina, this particular "monster," was a total shock to me. I thought it was a log, idly drifting... until it moved.
I still have a vivid image of the thing. This was off the Deep Step section of the Savannah River in Stevens Creek, Augusta, GA. Those who know the area wont be surprised.

I know, I know; I can hear you now. It IS hard to talk about these without sounding like a "fishing lawyer." For those who haven't seen them it is hard to wrap your mind around.

When I'm afield in the summer, I routinely see 3-4 footers. Once in a while, I will find the carcass of a five footer some catfisherman got ahold of in the dark. They are prehistoric remnants of a vastly different time - they haven't changed/evolved in over 100 million years. Biologists tell us they cannot give them a definite size limit, because - in theory - they never stop growing.

If you watch Jeremy Wades' show, "River Monsters," you know the cousin of the long nose gar is the alligator gar. If you know THAT, then you probably know of the attacks on humans by these fish, too.

Now, I don't fear being assaulted by Ol' Long Nose, because I don't believe that has ever happened. I'm rarely BOTHERED by them, either, except when bad luck has me tossing a bait they take a liking to. We can say the risk is admittedly low.

It isn't me, but them, however, that initiates contact. I remember that I have CHOSEN to be there at that point. So, I err on the side of discretion with this adversary. Toothy, razor sharp "weapons" on big massive fish around a float tube seems like a recipe for trouble of SOME kind.  green happy 

Folks in my area kill every gar they catch as a trash fish that destroys fisheries. Of course, they are mistaken; that is nothing like the truth. As with all creatures on Earth, they have their place and their role.
I can't stop this wanton destruction, and I don't endorse it. So I'm not hating on the fish.... rather, I prefer to respect it  - - big time!

14####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Empty Re: ####Creek Company ODC420 Float tube#### Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 pm

InspectaDekz

InspectaDekz
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bump. ......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum