FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by jeffcpr Today at 5:28 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Float Tube, FF and Rack ready to go.

+5
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
wiseguy
fastxturtle
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Float Tube, FF and Rack ready to go. Empty New Float Tube, FF and Rack ready to go. Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:32 am

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I got my Float tube and decided to build me some attachments with hidden FF wires and Gopro mount. I can't wait launch it this weekend woot!  bounce 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice! ...excellent choice on the tube. Great work on the rack!

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great setup!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That beast is ready to float nice work.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the comments! Also I'm using 3 cell 6amp hobby lipo battery for the FF, that should last me for few days.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice clean set up

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looking sweet!!! Good luck on the voyage. I think I've been a good boy this year. So I put a GoPro camera on the top of my Christmas wish list.  Twisted Evil 

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

WTG on the setup!!!! looking sharp!!!!! like the GO PRO mount  Thumbs Up man this makes me want to stay home this weekend and work on my go pro mount! good job man!!!

Tony G

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I musta missed something, but how do you mount the Go Pro? I love the little race car propulsion in #3. Must fly....LOL

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:I musta missed something, but how do you mount the Go Pro?   I love the little race car propulsion in #3.  Must fly....LOL

I saw that also.... Lmfao!!!! lol! 

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The set up is SWEET THO!!!!

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

That RC car is my trolling motor lol
Im actually thinking of a way to put two RC boat motors on each side of the tube so I can ride free back after hard day of peddling. Maybe I can hide the motor inside the PVC.

I'm going to mount the gopro to the ill clamp hehe

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great job in decking that tube out. You're going to have a great time on the waters.

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well almost didn't have a report and had a heck of a time fighting the current today. I started of around 9am and rode the fun current hitting bunch of docks but no love. I didn't realized how fast the current was moving and in just few hours i was already near the yacht club so I preceded to fishing along the wall but i soon released that was BAD idea. The current was moving me out of the harbor so fast I was struggling to move forward let alone keep my position so I had to scale the wall holding on to cracks on the wall and inch my way out. Man that was scary, I don't know how you guys fight the current but took me almost half a day trying to get back to launch site. Along the way back I managed to break my skunk and got few Lizard fish. Overall it was awesome weather around high 70s and great work out. Mental note: need to get trolling motor ASAP  Very Happy 

Ugly ass Liazrd fish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you're not expecting it, the current can be a real pain in the butt. Glad you made it out ok.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

yeah that current can be a biotch!!! i was out there with a bud and it did the same....fought it for about an hour or so and finally pushed us out lol....i was about to just say eff it, let it take me out and ill call the coast guard lol....anyways way to break that skunk WTG.....where did you launch from?

tony G

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Betcha wished you had that race car...LOL Glad you handled it

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:yeah that current can be a biotch!!! i was out there with a bud and it did the same....fought it for about an hour or so and finally pushed us out lol....i was about to just say eff it, let it take me out and ill call the coast guard lol....anyways way to break that skunk WTG.....where did you launch from?

tony G

So what happen after you got pushed out of the harbor? Yea it was kinda scary and people on boats are looking at me holding on the wall lol! I have bruises on my feet peddling for non stop for hours. I'm seriously getting a motor.. Oh i launched off ocean where the basketball park is. That was the longest mile going back. I had to earn every inch of that water going back.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's just a matter of time on the water, your legs will get use to it. Also, you'll start to learn the different currents that different harbors can produce. Based on that you can make educated decisions. Huntington Harbor can be the worst for currents.

Most importantly, don't fight the currents, use them to our advantage. If you see that your trip is going to start on an outgoing tide all you have to do is change your launch point to be further inside the harbor. That way you just let the tide push you out and since you launched further inside that means it won't push you all the way out. Then wait for the tides to change and it'll push you back to where you started. If you're starting at an incoming tide just reverse the steps and park at the mouth of the harbor and let it push you in.

fastxturtle

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yes I was looking into the current condition going out but I was miss calculated how fast it would carry me out, so it was bad timing. It was hard to see people with rental pontoons passing me and then passing me again after they have reach the end. LOL

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

fastxturtle wrote:
Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:yeah that current can be a biotch!!! i was out there with a bud and it did the same....fought it for about an hour or so and finally pushed us out lol....i was about to just say eff it, let it take me out and ill call the coast guard lol....anyways way to break that skunk WTG.....where did you launch from?

tony G

So what happen after you got pushed out of the harbor? Yea it was kinda scary and people on boats are looking at me holding on the wall lol! I have bruises on my feet peddling for non stop for hours. I'm seriously getting a motor.. Oh i launched off ocean where the basketball park is. That was the longest mile going back. I had to earn every inch of that water going back.

We ended up at the mouth of the jetty dead center and fought it for about an hour and finally we got sort of pushed towards the rocks and we stuck to the rocks and paddled all the way back but yeah little scary...youll learn  Thumbs Up , cuz i know i have its been the hard way but ive learned lol maybe i just need better fins....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum