FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from Sunny South Africa

+7
Tony G Fishing
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
wiseguy
fatboy531
.:LOLLY:.
mr t BASS
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:34 am

mr t BASS

mr t BASS
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello, I've recently joined your forum and want to introduce myself.

Im from South Africa and love kickboating. I need to mod my pontton a little still but had great success with just flipping myself around. My personal best is a 10lb largie. We use kg not lb so my conversion might be little wrong. 4.7kg.

Im part of the Vryheid Liuremaster club and loving my bassfishing sessions out with the guys.

Id love to learn a few new mods & tricks from you guys.

2Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards! I'd love to see pix of some of your outings from south Africa! As far as mods guy what make and model do you have so people can better help you? and are there certain things you want to do but just have no idea how to?

3Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 am

mr t BASS

mr t BASS
FTFF Gathering Officer

Lolly id love to post some pictures but....I need to wait 7 days before I can post links.

Im using a mini pontoon. you can google float tubes . co .za and look at the yellow pontoon.

Ive written a few reportbacks on our local bassing sites.

What I am thinking of doing is to somehow extend my pontoons frame to hold the battery and motor behind the seat. The worry I have is that it will put too much weight on the back end and cause an unbalanced ride with too much drag.

4Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hello there. Awesome to hear of tubers from all parts of the world. You've come to the right place. Everyone here has great opinions on almost every topic. There's also a shyt tons of trash talkers (smart asses) but it's all in good fun. "Yeah... I'm referring to LOLLY" jk. Lmao. It's a brotherhood Thumbs Up  we all share the same passion. Welcome aboard. We currently have a friendly competition. Between saltwater and freshwater. Check out the other threads. Join us if you feel interested. You don't have to reside here in the states. It's open to everyone.

5Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 am

mr t BASS

mr t BASS
FTFF Gathering Officer

Sorry i am a bit confused? Kickboating in the ocean? Must be crazy! Surely sounds like fun. Our coasts have some rough water and huge great whites. Would only do it on a lagoon of some sort here.

About modding pontoons....PVC or aluminium tubes recommended?

6Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

There are a few areas near our coast that have some very large marinas. The water in these marinas are not very choppy. I'm sure there is sharks. We try not to think of them much. As far as for the mods PVC or ABS(black plumbing pipe) piping is sufficient.

7Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Is this the one that you have?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the trolling motor and battery mount it would probably be better to go with aluminum due to the weight. I don't know if you can find them in south Africa but it might be worth a shot to look for a float power. It's pretty much it's own float tube that holds the trolling motor and battery and you clip that tube to your pontoon. Here's a pic of it.

8Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the Jungle! Hope to see some posts and pics from Africa!

9Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm

mr t BASS

mr t BASS
FTFF Gathering Officer

YEp thats what I have there.

Was thinking about inserting tube into the already collapsible aluminium frame and just slightly making a little "table" at the back for the battery and motor. 18lb trolling motor at the back and ready to go?

10Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome mr t BASS glad you found us tell your fishing group about us maybe you can get a South Africa chapter running  Red Smile 

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

11Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the board Mr t bass!!!! If I was in south Africa I`d be targeting those river monsters like tiger fish!!!!  affraid 

12Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Mr t Bass, welcome to the board...youll enjoy this forum its full of knowledge, im glad I find it, great peeps..... Thumbs Up 

tony g

13Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you want any killer ideas for buidlings around your tube. LOLLY is the man. Even though he's half the size. He pretty good at putting them things together.

14Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:20 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the board. Quite a long distant away from those of us in the States. Glad to see you're here, and share your experiences from the land of giant monsters that lurk below the waters.

15Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:46 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kg or lb that is a nice fish!!! I guess there are LMB all over the world now. Great game fish.

BTW, not many guys actually go out in the ocean in tubes or pontoons. That is usually the kayak guys. Dangling legs and Great Whites... not a good idea! Bays? Yes!

16Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:07 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

mr t BASS wrote:Hello, I've recently joined your forum and want to introduce myself.

Im from South Africa and love kickboating. I need to mod my pontton a little still but had great success with just flipping myself around. My personal best is a 10lb largie. We use kg not lb so my conversion might be little wrong. 4.7kg.

Im part of the Vryheid Liuremaster club and loving my bassfishing sessions out with the guys.

Id love to learn a few new mods & tricks from you guys.
Welkom, Mr. T.
I have a fishing friend in RSA, he lives in Joubertina, East Cape.
Have you ever been there? He tells me it is very rural, a farming area. He also says very interesting things about the bass and bluegill in SA and how they got to be there.
Again, welcome.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

17Hello from Sunny South Africa Empty Re: Hello from Sunny South Africa Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard
From not so sunny southern California lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum