FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?

+4
fatboy531
JsFishSlayer
.:LOLLY:.
Wyu
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What's everyone's opinion on these fins?

I'm looking into getting fins and want the best bang for the buck. I've read that hotspots are pretty good and less expensive than the Force Fins.

I'm Leaning towards the hotspots right now.

Please advise thx...

2Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

They are both really good fins and you can't go wrong either way. I would say hot spots are the best bang for your buck since they are substantially cheaper. I would start off with the hot spots and jump on some force fins when a deal pops up, they are far and few.

3Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:11 am

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:They are both really good fins and you can't go wrong either way. I would say hot spots are the best bang for your buck since they are substantially cheaper. I would start off with the hot spots and jump on some force fins when a deal pops up, they are far and few.

^x2.

I recently upgraded from my step in fins (from BPS) to hotspots and absolutely love them. Them being cheaper than the Force Fins kinda helped me liking them even more, but when a good deal pops up on some, I'll likely get them, if for nothing else, to try them out, and either keep or resell them. You'll likely get a lot of mixed votes on here, since many are fiercely loyal to one or the other.

But for my .02, I'd go with the Hotspots  Thumbs Up 

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

4Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This sport/hobby is very expensive as we all know. Just like a quality reel. It is gonna run you a few bucks more but you can rest assure it'll crank when you need it the most. Same for fins before I bought my first pair of force fins I had bought some $45 ones from bass pro. I was excited to try my gear on. I got home and threw on my waders and fins. Went to adjust the strap on the fins and the buckle busted. Kind if a bummer that drive to bass pro is not short. After that expierence I did some research and just like you I was being thrown these 2 killer options... Hotspots vs force fins!!! Saw a deal in eBay for the force fins. Jumped on them and have been pleased since. I have bought another pair these I got a size bigger to fit into them with wading boots to avoid damaging your waders. Good luck. They are both great options. I'm for the force fins cause they are less bulky and feel very comfortable.

5Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:00 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Don't skimp on fins they are your outboard motor and especially if you tube salt good fins will sve your life I use top end scuba diving fins that can get me up and moving very quickly if needed

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

6Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree with bayfishingjunkie above, don't get cheap fins, they are your motor, and can save you if need be.  Either the FF or the Hot Spots are an excellent choice for tubing.

7Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Stepping from the outcast fins to the Force Fins i noticed the difference right away. Get either one and you'll get your money's worth for sure. I just need to get one one size larger so it'll feel more comfortable. Anybody has a Large FF for sale or would like a trade with a Medium?

8Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I popped an airbladder on the right side of my old fishcat one night while fishing alone around 2am mid channel in alamitos when the current was smoking fast and only because of the fins I was using was I able to make it against the current back to shore saving all my gear from going bye bye...

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

9Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:29 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:I popped an airbladder on the right side of my old fishcat one night while fishing alone around 2am mid channel in alamitos when the current was smoking fast and only because of the fins I was using was I able to make it against the current back to shore saving all my gear from going bye bye...

That's a scary thought!!! Loosing air with a current... at 2am!!!!

10Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:31 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We've tubed NPH between 11pm-9am. That was creepy cause we could hear dogs popping up around us just couldn't see them well.

11Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

There are a lot of great fins out there, I think the big things are making sure they fit right. I have a decent pair of dive fins they work great, spend $70 on them and I like them a lot. If I get a new pair I would go with hot spots but just because of word of mouth, I do think that force fins would be great as well. If you spend the cash you will be happy with either kind, just make sure they fit over your wader.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Hotspot vs adjustable force fins?  Empty Re: Hotspot vs adjustable force fins? Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks all for all your input. It seems like I can't go wrong with either one.

I will hold off buying the hotspots for now and see if any deals arise online on the adjustable force fins. I'll probably wait till after Fred Hall to see if there are any deals there as well otherwise I will just purchase the Hotspots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum