FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing

+2
jeffcpr
HugeEuge57
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey everybody, new to this site. Been fishing out of a white river U shaped float tube for about 5 years in the desert. Just found this site.

I mainly fish for LM but have gone for cats, trout, stripers and carp.

I do have a question with all of this. I mainly fish lakes here and I can get around just fine. I have a buddy that kayaks and wants me to try a river below one of the lakes (Bartlett lake) but the flows are anywhere from 250-400 this time of year. I'm a bigger guy so I'm thinking this is going to be a no. Anybody have any input?

2New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the site buddy glad you found us, I am sorry I don't have any experience with river fishing in a tube. The saltwater can have a some crazy currents to deal with, so you really need to know the direction that it is going to be prepared. I would say no only because of what might be under you that you might run into, just my 2 cents. Hang in there I am sure you will hear more on this subject soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks Jeff, appreciate it. Yeah I've fished a place called the Gila river here and dealt with all of that debris (and the chemicals from the farms that make your skin glow green) so I'm smart enough to slow down my movements in the water and keep my feet in front of me going downstream if I can. I just know that the flows in this river are a little high and I didn't want to chance getting stuck. I did some online research but couldn't find much in terms of CFS outflows.

Eugene

4New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:24 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome Eugene.
Keep us posted on the river trips.

5New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:12 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome Eugene......Well I would say that if u can't find anyone tubing that river then I would say NO. Just my way........GT

no

6New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Welcome to the forum Eugene!!!! Enjoy your stay!!! Cant wait for reports from az!

Tony g

7New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome Eugene. I too am looking forward to seeing some reports from the AZ area.

8New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Empty Re: New to Group, Old to AZ Float Tubing Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:59 pm

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be at Bartlett lake tomorrow and post at some point this weekend or Monday for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum