FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

a new topic that jeff was talking about

+4
ed5000x
jeffcpr
smith's handpoured baits
BASSGEEK
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1a new topic that jeff was talking about Empty a new topic that jeff was talking about Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

so we all know we like fishing. what about who are and what we do for work? my name is james im a plumber and can do side work for the people on the forum for half the price another plumber would charge you. if you need help just let me know. good idea for this topic ED! Thumbs Up

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

BASSGEEK wrote:so we all know we like fishing. what about who are and what we do for work? my name is james im a plumber and can do side work for the people on the forum for half the price another plumber would charge you. if you need help just let me know. good idea for this topic ED! Thumbs Up
how far do you travel?
Shocked

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Teacher of CPR and medical Classes both high school and adults, and Custom Rod wrapper.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

smith's handpoured baits wrote:
BASSGEEK wrote:so we all know we like fishing. what about who are and what we do for work? my name is james im a plumber and can do side work for the people on the forum for half the price another plumber would charge you. if you need help just let me know. good idea for this topic ED! Thumbs Up
how far do you travel?
Shocked
what do you need done? how far is lake isabella drom orange county?

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

BASSGEEK wrote:
smith's handpoured baits wrote:
how far do you travel?
Shocked
what do you need done? how far is lake isabella drom orange county?
go to bakersfield & hang a right. drive about 1 1/2 hrs. east.
sorry, don't need anything done at this moment.
but i will keep you in mind!
Thumbs Up

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hi!
i'm judi.
have been a stay at home mom, & lots of other stuff.
currently caregiver for my dad w/ parkensons disease, and household help for mom.
oh yeah & the whole bait thing!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice I am a mechanic by trade i have gotten lazy but i do like to help if its not a engine or tranmission job i am there tune up brake james exhaust leak you know stuff like that and i will show you how to did it your self so next time you will save a lot of money i do some eletrical and sound system i also build computers and work with wood and i talk too much sometime lol
Very Happy

just remember i got kids and they come first but if i can squeze you in will
thanks ed

p.s.
i guess i should also say i rebuild tools air ,gas, diesel,and hydralics

Last edited by ed5000x on Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total

Dano67

Dano67

Im dan and I have built furniture and been a general contractor for 20 years. I'd say I would build stuff but that would get in the way of fishing. But, if you need help on how to get your project done or where to get anything home related, that I can do.

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im Jeff and have been a union tile setter for many years, worked as asistant superintendant for a major home builder and can do a little of everything construction related. Dano you got any work? Very Happy

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I am Thom and I work in medical facilities. When I started this job it was more of a management position. But we have merged with a huge player in the medical field and now I am a hands on person. I am the go to guy for anything a facility might need in terms of repair, supplies, vendor management, project organization, moves and new construction. I currently handle 4 centers on my own but I can see this will change. I frequently assist other engineers at other facilities in So Cal with the above mentioned areas. I like my job. Glad to have one. I also owned and operated my own detail and fleet washing company. I still do this kind of work on the sides. I can assist you with anything auto detail or residential cleaning you might have. From paint restoration to residential carpet cleaning and beyond. I also hold a commercial license and have driven commercial vehicles for many years.

Dano, I have to float a wall in a room that had wall paper on sheet rock but now the wall paper is torn off and I have a wall with lots of paper tear trailers - some very small. Do I need to remove all of these or can I just float compound over it and build it up to hide?

Thanks for listening. Very Happy

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I am the Inorganics Supervisor for a small analytical company. So basically i play with VERY expansive toys that i don't pay for,LOL and if i break them someone else pays to fix them hahahahaha.

OK, but seriously my company does water testing for most of the IE and beyond. We even get samples form Git-Mo. Basically i am a senior Chemist supervising entry level guys. We don't set up any regulations, or enforce any type of violations. We simply report our findings to the client and they have to report those to the state and the EPA set up most of the guidelines and limits.

Long story short they give us a glass of water, we put it in a black box and tell them whats in it. Very Happy Very Happy

We also do a bunch of other types of testing but that is the bulk of our work.

I have worked in an auto-shop and worked for Kragen auto for a long time so i know about parts and tools and all that stuff. I do a little of everything at home, including fixing tools i buy at swap meets, make tackle, fix small boat motors and the list goes on, and on and on.

Dano67

Dano67

fever wrote:Im Jeff and have been a union tile setter for many years, worked as asistant superintendant for a major home builder and can do a little of everything construction related. Dano you got any work? Very Happy
yes if i can get you qualified with our company. long pay though Sad

Dano67

Dano67

waxon67 wrote:I am Thom and I work in medical facilities. When I started this job it was more of a management position. But we have merged with a huge player in the medical field and now I am a hands on person. I am the go to guy for anything a facility might need in terms of repair, supplies, vendor management, project organization, moves and new construction. I currently handle 4 centers on my own but I can see this will change. I frequently assist other engineers at other facilities in So Cal with the above mentioned areas. I like my job. Glad to have one. I also owned and operated my own detail and fleet washing company. I still do this kind of work on the sides. I can assist you with anything auto detail or residential cleaning you might have. From paint restoration to residential carpet cleaning and beyond. I also hold a commercial license and have driven commercial vehicles for many years.

Dano, I have to float a wall in a room that had wall paper on sheet rock but now the wall paper is torn off and I have a wall with lots of paper tear trailers - some very small. Do I need to remove all of these or can I just float compound over it and build it up to hide?

Hit the wall with a coat of primer then skim it with a very light coat of topping. Give it a light sand after it is completly dry and shoot texture if that is the look you are going for. Prime and paint now and it will be good as new.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:I am Thom and I work in medical facilities. When I started this job it was more of a management position. But we have merged with a huge player in the medical field and now I am a hands on person. I am the go to guy for anything a facility might need in terms of repair, supplies, vendor management, project organization, moves and new construction. I currently handle 4 centers on my own but I can see this will change. I frequently assist other engineers at other facilities in So Cal with the above mentioned areas. I like my job. Glad to have one. I also owned and operated my own detail and fleet washing company. I still do this kind of work on the sides. I can assist you with anything auto detail or residential cleaning you might have. From paint restoration to residential carpet cleaning and beyond. I also hold a commercial license and have driven commercial vehicles for many years.

Hit the wall with a coat of primer then skim it with a very light coat of topping. Give it a light sand after it is completly dry and shoot texture if that is the look you are going for. Prime and paint now and it will be good as new.

Primer? Ok I can see that. Save mud that way? I'll give it a go. Thanks buddy!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dano67

Dano67

Primer blocks the moisture from coming thru the mud on both sides. Remember, with topping, less is enough!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum