FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill to Open DVL to Tubes and Kayaks

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bill to Open DVL to Tubes and Kayaks  Empty Bill to Open DVL to Tubes and Kayaks Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Well there is a new bill being proposed by Sen. Jeff Stone , To open up DVL and a few other lakes that currently have a no Bodily Contact with water Rule in Effect .  Personally I see it as good for the Economy of Hemet as it will bring more revenue to the city and help keep those smaller Mom Pop Shops open as well as bring revenue to the Lakes . DVL is on the Verge of Closing Permanently to Everyone as no money is being made with the low water levels .

We have to take into account that these few lakes where made to help provide Higher water quality to the Inland empire .  and that it is a Privilege that we get to fish these lakes at all .

What are your Thoughts on them allowing DVL access to Jet Skies , wakeboarders , Kayaks and floatubers ?

Story in Link : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WES

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I read the article and it does not offer any studies or projections about how much money they expect to bring in by opening up the lake to contact. Likewise, there is no mention of what it will take to keep the lake open. I do remember when it was being built and the posters of the huge marinas they said would be there. There was a lot of hype about the new recreation area and I was surprised that it opened as a no contact lake. I believed then that the tax payers were screwed out of what they paid for.

So I say open it up to swimmers, boaters, FLOAT TUBERS, and god forbid, those annoying water lice.

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I think opening the lake to pleasure boaters is a bad idea as the lake's shoreline isn't really built for a leisurely day on the lake.  That being said though, I think us anglers would be much happier and better off if we didn't have reckless boaters running left and right across the lake.  Plus, body contact with the water would only increase E. Coli levels. 

If I remember correctly DVL does allow canoes and sit in kayaks if any of you guys are interested in that.  It would be nice if float tubes were allowed.  There aren't enough lakes around here that allow that and if they do you usually have to pay to launch which sucks.

Jerdon : It will be hard to determine how much revenue they would generate , as we dont really know the demand for the use of this lake . for tubers and kayaks they would make a killing.

Ifishtoolittle : I do agree that the landscape is not really built to handle the load of pleasure boaters , but something will have to be done or where going to have a lake matthews II

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya no more lake Matthews please I think it might be a good thing, there has to be an increase in revenue. Ya who knows how much but it should increase, but if they don't open it and it closes, think of the jobs lost. I think it should be opened.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I am Ok with This. Why not let Float tubers fish the lake?
wish they would put some parking for Disabled people next to shore also.
I do not think the Jet skiers are the Issue.............Please let me explain
No i do not like the way Jet skiers act on the water. The problem is Enforcement
in the old days we had enforcement at lake Perris when Paul Frost ran the show AKA "frosty"
Since we were All Promised Jet skis, swimming and all water sports before DVL was opened tot he public i think they should hold true to what was Promised.
Enforcement is the issue

It sure would be nice to Float tube DVL
It sure would be nice to have better access if your Disabled
Just my thoughts

Our average Jet skier

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum