FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where to go for float tube fishing - Los Alamitos Bay

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

One of the big questions I had about float tubing when I was thinking of buying a tube was where to go?

I didn't really understand that "launching" is best accomplished from a sandy beach where you can simply walk into the water. You can flop into the tube from a dock that isn't too high, but it's a hassle and not really necessary for anywhere that I go.

Because I didn't know any better, I started out going to regular boat launch ramps. They offer ample parking and easy access to the water and sometimes are the best option. But for lots of places, there are better options and Los Alamitos Bay is one of those places that offers free parking and easy access to the water, if you know where to go.

So I've decided to add "Where To Go Float Tube Fishing" videos to my channel in order to help people get started in this great sport of float tube fishing. Naturally, if it works for a float tube, it will work for a kayak, or even the guys fishing from Stand Up Paddleboards. I just discovered that SUP fishing is a thing now.

I've integrated some "where to go" info in my videos before but by creating this featured series, I hope to make it easier for people to find this information and get themselves off the shore and onto the water!

Happy fishing!

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for the cool vid Bob. One of these days, I need to make a trip up there. Your vid helps to know where to launch from.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great instruction Bob.
Thanks for sharing.

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Thanks guys! 

This video has surprised me. It's only been up a few days and it's already on pace to be one of my most popular videos. The comments I'm getting tell me that people are hungry for this sort of information to help them get started, so I'll definitely be doing more of them.

There's no question that videos of catching fish from a float tube get people excited about the idea of float tube fishing, but I also think there's a need for information that covers the more mundane aspects of the sport. When you're new, knowing something as simple as where to park your car can make the difference between feeling confident to get started, or feeling lost and putting it off.

"Great vid Bob. Gonna get float tubing soon. The info is very helpful!"

"I really liked this video. I'm still fairly new to fishing the bays. This is great for people who aren't sure where to park and launch. I would definitely be interested in more of these videos."

People are telling me what they want, and I'm listening!

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Another great video. So much great information you are sharing. Thank you for passing that along.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum