FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

OK - that was quick....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OK - that was quick.... Empty OK - that was quick.... Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Monday I replaced the rod that was ripped by some fish on Sunday.  

Yesterday my box o' Hookup baits arrived (they've upgraded their shipping materials.  Very nice!)  

Today the reel arrived, as well as the braid.  

Time to spool up, tie on, be more careful and rock and roll.

But here's the thing:  I had to get ALL of this online.  And that kinda sucks.

I've gone to 5 of the local shops.  Not one had the rod I wanted.  Nor the braid I wanted.  Nor the left-handed Curado I use.  And surely none of the locals have HUB's in the sizes and colors I want.

Of the 5 I actually spoke with on Sunday and Monday - three of them blamed their distributor.  Saying their largest distributor is moving warehouses right now... DURING THE BUSY SEASON (they all had the same story) - and orders they've been expecting since Memorial Day still aren't in.  No rods.  No reels.... And I believe them.

Go to Fishermans Hardware in HB, or Performance on Katella... their shelves are empty. No reels. Almost no Phenix rods.  Their HUB selection is sad. Big Fish in Seal Beach has only a couple Phenix rods. They don't even carry HUBs.... Berth 55 in LB is almost 100% out of HUBs, and they sell them for $3 to $5 over retail. And of course Pacific Edge has nothing. Their HUBs are almost gone. None of these guys have 20# one shot 150 yard PowerPro braid... just an empty hook. There are more, but you get the idea.

Seriously. WTF???

This right here - THIS is why retail is losing.  Its often not the retailer.  Its the supply chain that is letting you down.  

I want to buy local.  The stuff I use is pretty specialized, and generally the savings are a couple of bucks (if at all)... I'll gladly throw that at a local tackle shop.  

If I could.

Sad state of affairs - when one distributor is rogering ALL of the local guys. Or most of these guys, and the rest can't get their planning together.

But - the good news is my lost rig has been replaced in 3 days and I'm ready to fish.  

Dan - lets crush the place on Sunday!!

- K

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2OK - that was quick.... Empty Re: OK - that was quick.... Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I'm in for some Sunday crushing indeed!

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3OK - that was quick.... Empty Re: OK - that was quick.... Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:16 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Just a quick note. Phenix rods in Bellflower now sell there braided line out of their warehouse to the public and all their accessories. It is cheaper than the store. I have been yelling all year about this stocking issues to my wife. We live in a county of 11.4 million people and you cannot locate good fishing gear unless you travel to Bass Pro in another county. And when you go out there their stock on certain things are very limited. Thank God for Amazon in a pinch.

4OK - that was quick.... Empty Re: OK - that was quick.... Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:I'm in for some Sunday crushing indeed!

SP Dan     <"))><

I'm very, very in. Smile

5OK - that was quick.... Empty Re: OK - that was quick.... Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would like to throw in my tackle sweet spot, Fisherman's Access, Brea CA.      They do not handle HUBs.     That being said I think they do a damm good job of providing knowledge and experience and product for an inland store.    Lots of salt gear, with a smattering of freshwater.

Give them a try, you could be surprised..............GT

BTW, see u Sunday

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum