FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

SP Dan's #1 Session in LAB Sun 9-30-18, A Two-fer!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP Dan

SP Dan

I launched at 70th Pl. at BSP LB, Sunday 9-30-2018 for a very short session.

I did a solo session today as the tide rolled-in and flooding the bay once again with cooler water, oxygen and nutriments.
Today I offered an open invite but nobody showed.
Wink  Oh well!

Today I launched at 0615 hrs (waited for newbie stragglers and there were none) and I fished only until 0730 hrs when I threw-in the white towel.
My bait continued to get cluttered-up with this extremely fine brown dead-vegetation. I was literally picking my HUB clean of this dead vegetation after every drop! ....  Rolling Eyes oh brother!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like to start each of my session by taking a moment to calm my thoughts and to consciously remind myself of just how truly BLESSED I am to be here today!

Gray light: 0600 hrs
Miles Kicked On FT: .24 miles

Calories Burnt: Approx 138 if we had been walking.
Swell: SSE/S  the affects from Hurricane Rosa
Air Temp: 60 deg to 74 deg, clear sky's
Water Temp: 69 deg
Water Clarity: dirty green water with lots of dead vegetation and debris, I could maybe see 1.5 ft down into the water.
Session Duration: 0615 hrs until 0745 hrs (1.5 hrs).
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous
Sun Rise: 0646 hrs, Sun Set: 1837 hrs. We seem to be loosing an average of 3-5 minutes of light each and every day!   Shocked
Wind: 0600 hrs 1-mph WNW, 1200 hrs 5-mph SW.
Tidal Coefficient CE: 63 in the morning, average.
Bait Presence: massive amounts of 1-3" shiner bait in the water everywhere.
Sea Dog Presence: none to report
Sea Bird Presence: minimal, a couple dozen diving birds today

Dolphin Presence: none to report.
Surf: 2 ft, Swell: 2.4 ft, Sec's Between Sets: 15
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: none to report
Tidal Conditions: 0600 hrs 2.1 ft, 0630 hrs LT 2.1 ft, 0700 hrs 2.2 ft, 0800 hrs 2.4 ft, 0900 hrs 3.0 ft, 1000 3.6 ft, 1100 hrs 4.3 ft, 1200 hrs 4.8 ft ... etc.
Isolunar: Major period was from 0333 hrs until 0633. hrs.  <"))>< <"))><
Note:  I landed my skunk buster Spotty at 0645 hrs and then a 1.5 lb Octopus shortly there after. It's way too weedy for my liking's ... and so it was time to bail from this harbor!

Bait used: 3/8 oz Sardine Green Silver, 1/4 oz Sardine Green Silver and 1/4 oz Mint colored HUB's with Bio-Edge scent along with Hot Sauce and a Drop/Shot rig using the Gulp 4" Sardine minnow and a 3/4 oz finesse weight approx 12" below the hook and I secured the 1/0 Owner mosquito hook using a Palomar knot.

Equipment used:

Float Tube used: Cumberland FT w/ a DIY rod rack and hard-top lap tray

Fins used: Force Fins

Fish Finder used: Deeper Pro+

Selected rods: my  B"n"M SharpShooter's, rated 4#-8#, 6', 1-pc.

My (3) selected reels: (2) two of my Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 reels and (1) one Diawa Balistic 2500 reel, all spooled with Diawa Samurai #30 braid (8 carrier) line w/ a 5 ft long 12 lb Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon leader while using the RP knot to connect (tie) the fluorocarbon and braid together and the Improved Cinch knot for tying-on the bait.

SP Dan's Fish Count: 1 fish total, 1 species and (1) Octopus while fishing on "SS Stitch":

(1) Spotty, the best was 12'

(1) Octopus (no pic)

PS: ... I only post one of each species unless there are multi legals, PB's (Personal Best's) or NS (New Species).
PSS ... I am a sportsman dedicated to being a 100% CPR (catch, photograph and release) angler.
PSSS ... I only show photo's of the fish and not of myself because it's really all about the fish?!     Cool

Well ... there's plenty of time left for me to head to another Harbor this morning!

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to either view and or to reply to my posting!    Thumbs Up    

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

The octopus was nice. Ha

Sometimes you got to make changes.

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We will hook up some day there Dan! I need to research how to fish, where is the Bay Bass Fishing with HUBs for Dummies book? I need a digital version! lol.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

4SP Dan's #1 Session in LAB Sun 9-30-18, A Two-fer! Empty Check hub website Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Goldfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

Alakai wrote:We will hook up some day there Dan! I need to research how to fish, where is the Bay Bass Fishing with HUBs for Dummies book? I need a digital version! lol.

Go onto hub website, look under “references”. Super helpful info, With ditital.

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey Dan, was just shopping around and noticed that you use Spinner reels over baitcasters. Any reason why?

Thanks

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:The octopus was nice. Ha

Sometimes you got to make changes.

Hi ya Jerdon,

They are really cool creatures indeed!
It's amazing to watch them figure out how to unbutton themselves off the hook.
I've watched them do this three times now. Shocked Huh!?!?

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:We will hook up some day there Dan! I need to research how to fish, where is the Bay Bass Fishing with HUBs for Dummies book? I need a digital version! lol.

Hi ya Alakai,

I definitely look forward to hooking up with you for a fun session as well!
I believe strongly in hands-on-experience over boring videos any day of the week. You will learn more by keeping your bait in the water ... guaranteed! Thumbs Up Conditions change daily in SW.

SP Dan <"))><

SP Dan

SP Dan

Goldfish wrote:

Hi ya Goldfish,
That's a great lead for Alakai.

SP Dan <"))><

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:Hey Dan, was just shopping around and noticed that you use Spinner reels over baitcasters. Any reason why?

Thanks

Hi Akalai,
Great question!  Thumbs Up

I honestly don't believe that the bait-caster reel could ever function for me in the SW as well as my spinning reels have.
And ... I really don't wish to waste large-portions of my fishing sessions undoing the constant birds-nests that oftentimes haunt the bait-casting reels! Evil or Very Mad

Besides ... I have a completely different style of getting my bait back into the fish zones than anyone else that I have ever fished with and it wouldn't be possible for me to do the same style of fishing with a bait-caster reel.

The "proof-is-in-the-pudding" ... I honestly haven't fished with anyone out there that has (averaged) landed the same numbers of fish or has landed larger fish than myself with a bait-casting reel compared to my spinning reels.
I believe that a spinning reels are much more versatile and that they are the better choice of reels when it comes to my (dental) finesse fishing style.

To me ... a bait-casting reel is better suited to the FW with their wide range of offered gear-ratios .

Just my 2-cents.

SP Dan     <"))><

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

Hi ya Goldfish,
That's a great lead for Alakai.

SP Dan     <"))><

Yup, thank you. HUB just uploaded new tutorials last night as well so it helps. I was joking about the digital preference but I am not joking about my More Input! mindset (No. 5...)

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

U haven't fished with anyone who has caught equal or bigger fish on a bait caster, whats wrong with you .........you and I have had some great days together and I use mt BC's Shocked ...............GT

SP Dan

SP Dan

GT wrote:U haven't fished with anyone who has caught equal or bigger fish on a bait caster, whats wrong with you .........you and I have had some great days together and I use mt BC's Shocked ...............GT

You also fished with your spinning reels as well when we would go out for one of our sessions as well GT. You fish with both.

I was attempting to compare using only a spinning reel against only using a bait-casting reel for an entire session.

I haven't read a posting where someone has landed 48 fish in a single session only using a bait-casting reel. I have with a spinning reel. So why do people need to blatantly say that one type of reel is better than another. I don't get it!

There is A LOT MORE to getting great fish numbers than to just go out and buy a reel ... whether spinning or bait-casting and I know that you also know this.

SP Dan     <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum