FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review

+7
KJ in AZ
steve-aka-fishy
SP Dan
Bullgill66
david886720
Jerdon
jeffcpr
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:51 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

At first glance online I thought oh its just a normal hybrid boat with oars.  Well when it arrived I can tell you this is not even the case.

When I first started the forum 10 years ago Buck's Bag had this boat on the market (or a version of it).  It was big back the and it is big now.  

I received to tubes in the mail last week which I will review both.  The first is the Roughneck which I am currently talking about.  A quick bit of stats on this inflatable.  It is 7 foot long and 55 inches wide.  It has for air chambers, 2 for the side pontoons, 1 in the seat, and 1 on the inflatable floor.  It comes with 2 well build tackle bags and repair kit.  I believe the boat weights about 40 lbs maybe a little less I am still weighting to get word on this from Bucks Bag.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So just out of the box the size struck me the Roughneck is not your ordinary float tube.  Take your current Cumberland or FishCat and double it in size and you have an idea of the true size of this inflatable.  The tube itself is made of a thick PVC material which means it is tough as nails and will with stand quite a bit of punishment.  The inflatable floor and seat are drop stitch which mean that when inflated the stay flat and firm.  One thing I noticed right off the bat was the width of the seat ???.  It is quite obvious that the seat will fit just about anyone.  The weight capacity is a whopping 450 lbs which also means it can take on a lot and still float high.

So now for a few Cons of the Roughneck and how I see it.  I have noticed a few things that could be a down side of this tube.  

1. There are to handles to carry this tube.  Being that it is heavier then a traditional tube the lack of handles can be a draw back for some.

2. It comes with out a Pump.  Kind of unusual but with the adapters it comes with most any pump you use will work just fine.

3. No backpack straps.  It does have the D-rings for the straps to be added but no straps currently come with the Roughneck.

4. It's size.  This is not a true Con for me I just like its possible if you are simply shopping you could be very supersized when you see it with your own eyes.

I am sure this in not meant for everyone but there are some out there that this is just what they have been looking for.  I can say that for $600 you are getting a top quality product that will meet and exceed most of your needs on the water.  Any questions please ask and if you choose to order please be sure to let Bucks Bag know you saw it here on the Float Tube Fishing Forum.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

sdbaybassn likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

That thing looks huge and I have questions.

How big are the tackle boxes compared to the Cumberland?
Does it feel like you can get it on your back with back straps?
At 55 inches wide will it fit in the bed of your truck inflated?
When can I test ride ride that?

3The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok let's tackle these questions.

How big are the tackle boxes compared to the Cumberland?
Yes bigger then the Cumberland pockets more longer the wider. They have one zipper on the pocket but its pretty beefy.

Does it feel like you can get it on your back with back straps?
I will test this out as soon as I can but yes I think its possible.

At 55 inches wide will it fit in the bed of your truck inflated?
I will test this as well soon.

When can I test ride ride that?
Not sure have not decided to do with this one yet.

4The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:25 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I like the idea of having oars. Kind of like a pontoon boat and float tube hybrid for further range. Can you try the oars out and tell us how effectively they work?

5The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:35 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hello,
I’m new to this forum. I have been using and abusing a Cumberland for the last three years. I have a leaky seam that I have been fighting. I can’t find a replacement bladder, so my wife let me order one for our anniversary. I can’t wait for this to be delivered. I’m excited to hear any reviews about the Roughneck.

jeffcpr, SP Dan and ddpratt like this post

6The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:15 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Bullgill66 wrote:Hello,
 I’m new to this forum. I have been using and abusing a Cumberland for the last three years.  I have a leaky seam that I have been fighting.  I can’t find a replacement bladder, so my wife let me order one for our anniversary.  I can’t wait for this to be delivered. I’m excited to hear any reviews about the Roughneck.

First off! .... my apologies for the post high Jack.

Welcome to the Float Tube F🎣 Forum Bullgill66!

The Riughneck is rather new tube here and we are all holding our breath’s in order to hopefully hear a positive review on this tube soon!

Well, I look forward to reading a fishing report (hopefully w/ pic’s) from ya telling all of us about your maiden voyage on your new ride! 👍

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Bullgill66 wrote:Hello,
 I’m new to this forum. I have been using and abusing a Cumberland for the last three years.  I have a leaky seam that I have been fighting.  I can’t find a replacement bladder, so my wife let me order one for our anniversary.  I can’t wait for this to be delivered. I’m excited to hear any reviews about the Roughneck.

Welcome great to hear you pulled the trigger on this new tube. Look forward to see what you think of it. You will be amazed its not your average tube.

8The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I’m a big guy (6’3”,300lbs.) and was extremely pleased with my Cumberland.  I suspect that the roughneck will fit me even better.  I do most of my fishing with a fly rod, it will be interesting to see if the oars get in the way.  I will probably appreciate the greater range the oars provide.  I will let you know as soon as I try it out.

jeffcpr likes this post

9The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:46 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Bullgill66 wrote:I’m a big guy (6’3”,300lbs.) and was extremely pleased with my Cumberland.  I suspect that the roughneck will fit me even better.  I do most of my fishing with a fly rod, it will be interesting to see if the oars get in the way.  I will probably appreciate the greater range the oars provide.  I will let you know as soon as I try it out.

I really hope to see some reports from you on this big tube. A compare and contrast vs the Cumberland would be great.

10The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I will do that. I really enjoyed fishing out of my cumberland. I will sure share how it measures up. Right now I am waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait too long.

11The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:21 pm

steve-aka-fishy

steve-aka-fishy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lol that float tube is huge! I'm sure some big dudes will really appreciate it. Looks like you just need to add back pack straps and you're good to go.

12The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

My roughneck was delivered today.  I put it together and took it for short trip to the lake.  The quality was excellent.  It was huge. It hung out the back of my Ford Ranger.  The seat had room to spare and I am 300 pounds. I am going to have to design some new rod holders, if I am to use the oars.  It was easy to move with fins or oars.  It doesn’t have any handles, so I carried it by the tackle bags. I think this is my last boat.  I am very pleased.

Last edited by Bullgill66 on Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

jeffcpr likes this post

13The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:22 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yes huge is right it was almost comical when I first put it together, but it is very well put together.

14The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Whacked likes this post

15The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:46 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

This is what it looks like partially deflated in the bed of my pickup.

16The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Well it certainly fills the bed.

I have to say I like it.

17The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I fished out of the “Roughneck” today. I was able to set up my fish finder, so that it would stay clear of the oars. I am very happy with how easy it glides through the water.  It still seems very large. A small person might be uncomfortable with so much extra room.  My next project is to figure how to mount rod holders, so they don’t interfere with oar operation. If anyone has any ideas on how to set them up, please share.

18The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

19The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:00 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Can a milk crate fit behind the seat? You can use the same setup as the kayak guys do to hold their poles.

20The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:32 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya a milk create would work also our member GT did a PVC frame behind the seat that might work for you as well. Let me see of I can find that link.

21The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:38 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Here you go maybe this will sparl some ideas for you.

22The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks so much for the help. I am going to start with the milk crate strategy, but I may end up building a pvc frame. I’ll let you know what I end up with.

23The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:24 am

KJ in AZ

FTFF Gathering Officer

The Roughneck arrived and I just finished initial assembly and inflation last night. Happy to say all parts held air overnight. Yes, it is big. But it is exactly what I was looking for. I don't see how this wouldn't keep my big body afloat.

Question, is the seat really just loose on top of the floor? There is a D Ring on the front edge of the seat as well as on the floor that matches up perfectly with it. Is there a strap that I am missing? I can easily make my own but wondering if I setup something wrong. Thanks

Next Saturday will be the maiden voyage.

24The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:07 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I will look at mine again but I think it just sets lose there on the floor. The one I have has been sitting there inflated not attached standing up and the seat has not moved at all. Congrats on your new ride please share with us what you think after your first outting.

25The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Empty Re: The Buck's Bag Roughneck - Review Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I used a small, short bungie to attach the seat to the floor. I currently using a milk crate with a rod rack for rod holders. I may design something else, so that I can troll while I row. I am still figuring things out, but it gets better with each attempt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum