FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fortunate change for me...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fortunate change for me... Empty Fortunate change for me... Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:12 am

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If you remember me from recently. I drove OTR for three months at a time. Well... I answered an add where I live for a driver to do a dedicated run, coast to coast. Add was because his drivers always take their 34 hour break where I live. So why not hire someone who lives here. Which is the Black Hills of SD. It really does belong in the West section. Black Hills are part of the Rockies. Anyways...
I'm now getting one to two days off work on one weekend. Then 2 or even 3 plus days off the other weekend. At home!
The extra is that I can take that 3 day weekend. Stop in Montana and go fishing. World class fly fishing. I can go on a float trip there. Anything I want.
Also at home is great. I can go fishing here.
My float tube. If I find a place in Montana to work it. It ain't no big deal to take it in my truck. With this run...I don't have to have as much stuff in the truck as I used to have. So I have room for it if I want.
My only problem is I have so much to do here. Need to make time for fishing. Right now am straightening out some landscaping that the landscaper couldn't comprehend (hear) what I actually needed. Doh!...
Anyways....am busy...
This week worked out without any problems. So I got back at 2pm Friday. Don't have to go back out till early Tuesday morning. Lots of time at home!

Whacked likes this post

2Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:27 am

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

My only draw back in Montana. I'm doing Hazmat. That means I can't drop the trailer at a truck stop. Then go bobtail somewhere. Not that big of a deal.
I know Montana. Those guides don't have any problems. They'll come pick you up wherever you are. They'll guide on short notice. They don't have no problems. Work something out for you. It's not at all like Colorado. Where I was driving out of. Those guys got all kinds of problems. Have to cater to them. Show up in a car where they tell you to go. yadda yadda

3Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:35 am

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

On this trip on Thursday. Spent the night at a rest stop. Told the boss... They went and put the river in on the other side of the freeway. Runs right along the rest stop on the other side. I'm filing a grievance with the union!

4Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:59 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey congratulations on the new gig. Sounds like it's going to get you more time on the water. Share those trips with us and have fun

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BHfish likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:54 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

It sounds like you’ve got a good strategy for getting your line wet.
Good luck getting to the water and please keep us informed of your sessions, please include photos.

Thank you,

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

BHfish likes this post

6Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:36 pm

MarkG

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I wish you well Dan. Go fishing. We wanna see pics of some big trout!

SP Dan and BHfish like this post

7Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:56 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hopefully sometime in September, I will be able to resume posting my FW fish reports with pictures again.
But meanwhile, keep up the good work, and please continue to post all of your sessions, I’m enjoying the read! 👍🏼
Thanx

SP Dan  <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

BHfish likes this post

8Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:33 pm

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Did a float trip last weekend in Montana. Caught a bunch. Nothing big. 
Also got a folding electric bike for the truck. Run around and go fishing. 
I’ll post pics later.
My A1C came down. Promising sign. Doing better.

jeffcpr, Whacked, SP Dan, jmytuna and Dannicus like this post

9Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:50 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BHfish wrote:Did a float trip last weekend in Montana. Caught a bunch. Nothing big. 
I’ll post pics later.

That is great news about your A1C keep doing what your doing bro

BHfish likes this post

10Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:55 pm

Whacked

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

BHfish wrote:Did a float trip last weekend in Montana. Caught a bunch. Nothing big. 
I’ll post pics later.

I am T2 diabetic.

Or perhaps WAS 😁

Its in remission. My a1C has been under 5.7℅ for about 16 months now. In June my DR said I no longer needed my blood pressure med or Glipizide (for diabetes).

I first started with Keto. Fruit is sugar and frankly, never was a fan of vegetables so I went carnivore. Mostly relaxed carnivore as I use black pepper and a few spices, and sauces like G Hughes sugar free bbq sauce or Frank's Red Hot sauce (not the buffalo sauce, it has sugar), and I like dill pickles & peppers (peppercinis & jalapenos)

BBBE: Beef (any meat/seafood/fish), Butter (grass fed), Bacon (uncured sugar free is best, but regular doesn't spike me), and Eggs (get the best you can). That's it. No fruit. No veggies. That's all you need.

Dr. Ken Berry, Dr Stan Berg, Dr Jason Fung
Just a few DRs that have YT channels with all the info.
Its a deep rabbit hole, but sooooo worth it.

I did freak out my sis-in-law when I mentioned I put butter in my morning coffee. Or when I put a nice thick slab of butter on my still mooing ribeye, melting that goodness all over.

Whatever you do, diabetes is no joke. My brother is on a insulin pump. A friend slipped into a diabetic coma & died a couple summers ago. Knew a guy who first lost a toe, then his leg then his life.

I am glad to hear your improving.
Its a tough long road but you can do it.

Jerdon and BHfish like this post

11Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 pm

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Here's a few pics.
Fishing in Montana..

Whacked likes this post

12Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:37 pm

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Here's a pic of my bike in my truck.

Whacked likes this post

13Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:13 am

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Whacked wrote:
I’ll post pics later.

I am T2 diabetic.

Or perhaps WAS 😁

Its in remission. My a1C has been under 5.7℅ for about 16 months now. In June my DR said I no longer needed my blood pressure med or Glipizide (for diabetes).

I first started with Keto. Fruit is sugar and frankly, never was a fan of vegetables so I went carnivore. Mostly relaxed carnivore as I use black pepper and a few spices, and sauces like G Hughes sugar free bbq sauce or Frank's Red Hot sauce (not the buffalo sauce, it has sugar), and I like dill pickles & peppers (peppercinis & jalapenos)

BBBE: Beef (any meat/seafood/fish), Butter (grass fed), Bacon (uncured sugar free is best, but regular doesn't spike me), and Eggs (get the best you can). That's it. No fruit. No veggies. That's all you need.

Dr. Ken Berry, Dr Stan Berg, Dr Jason Fung
Just a few DRs that have YT channels with all the info.
Its a deep rabbit hole, but sooooo worth it.

I did freak out my sis-in-law when I mentioned I put butter in my morning coffee. Or when I put a nice thick slab of butter on my still mooing ribeye, melting that goodness all over.

Whatever you do, diabetes is no joke. My brother is on a insulin pump. A friend slipped into a diabetic coma & died a couple summers ago. Knew a guy who first lost a toe, then his leg then his life.

I am glad to hear your improving.
Its a tough long road but you can do it.
You should read Dr Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution. He’s the man who got them to produce the handheld blood glucose monitors. Says right in his book. If you want to get better with diabetes. Don’t listen to your doctor. Read his book. 
I almost died from diabetes 25 years ago. I have handled it with lifestyle. I can bring down my A1C quickly through strict diet. But that’s boring. My recent high has been due to more than just diet. I explained before here. Anything to get me physical, I need. Working my way back up now. Float tubing is a nice variable for my legs and activity.

Whacked likes this post

14Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:45 pm

BHfish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Update…
Went on a not good float trip this month. Told them I wanted to learn streamers. Guide and shop didn’t know much more than me. I ran across Kelly Galloup. Tons of info in YouTube of him. Decided to buy a streamer rod he directed the making. It’s a 9ft 7 wt. Got a 10 ft 5wt rod for my float tube. Both are echo’s. Today I bought a 9ft 5wt Douglas sky g for 20% off.
Looking forward to spending some time in my float tube this winter.
I keep slowly getting better. A1C is coming down.
Getting out of the truck more is doing me good.

Last edited by BHfish on Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

jeffcpr likes this post

15Fortunate change for me... Empty Re: Fortunate change for me... Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:51 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BHfish wrote:Update…
Went on a not good float trip this month. Told them I wanted to learn streamers. Guide and shop didn’t know much more than me. I ran across Kelly Galloup. Tons of info in YouTube of him. Decided to buy a streamer rod he directed the making. Got a 10 ft 5wt rod for my float tube. Both are echo’s. Today I bought a 9ft 5wt Douglas sky g for 20% off.
Looking forward to spending some time in my float tube this winter.
I keep slowly getting better. A1C is coming down.
Getting out of the truck more is doing me good.

That is great news over all. Like to hear you are out of the truck more and the A1C is down. Keep up the great work and keep us in formed on your growth with streamer and float tubing all together.

BHfish likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum