FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Graduation day?

+3
ed5000x
MASSfisher
bodfish
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Graduation day? Empty Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
I have been reading all the recent posts regarding PVC rod holders, motors on tubes, longer fins, getting tired of kicking,....
Sounds like it may be time for a few of you to graduate!, and step up to TOONS! Hee hee!

bodfish

PS. Im back!

2Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:11 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you get a toon you might as well get a yak or a small boat. Tubin's where it's at.

And welcome back.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Naw,..
Tried yakking , didn't like it, like casting over the bow from the stern. And your legs aren't tired, your arms are. they are fast as the blazes but I dont dig the rolling over part.
Small boat? Naaa, now your on top of the water not in it. Besides I can't break down a boat to store. and my wife would kill me.

Faster, more comfortable, faster, safer, more storage, simple to modify, faster,...I'm not sure there's an argument here...
Ok,.. I admit they are bigger and heavier but,...They fish just as well and are way more fun. And faster.

Anyways , just happy to be back in the water. I will attempt pictures of my new rig today.

bodfish

4Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome back

5Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I tried a toon and really didn't like it at all. It was a LOT harder to control, the rowing really wasn't helpful because you couldn't row and fish at the same time and even if you rowed it really wasn't like a yak where you got through the water much faster then kicking so I basically kicked all the time anyway. However the biggest reason I didn't get one because it was too big and bulky to be portable. It's so big and heavy you almost have to have 2 people to carry it any distance if you have any gear on it at all.

Like Massfisher said there are some advantages, but if your going to get something that big and loose the portability aspect why not just get a yak or small boat?

6Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Red Smile Hey lght
I hardly ever use the oars except to get a little exercise. They are on my boat as backup to my motor.
And,..Yeah they are heavy, that is the biggest problem. I usually have to launch from the ramps or swim beaches or docks. But so far especially in SoCal that has not been a hindrance.
I am planning on getting a tube next year for the more remote locations I visit and for taking with me on location.
But in the meantime I just gotta figure out how to mount my big screen on my toon.... Hee, hee, .......

bodfish

7Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

float tubes all the way

8Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,

( continuing) One of the reasons I went to the toon after 20 years of the tube was I was needing more range on the large impoundments, like Irvine, Crowley, Pyramid, and the Salton Sea. I remember the first time I tried to row around Irvine, too much work! but I was able to get to Sierra Cove and back no prob.
Next came the electric motor and now I'm Phat! Also I especially liked how I could skim over very shallow water and heavy cover because the toon drafts so little water. I was able to access the weed ponds at Crowley easily while the tubers had to fish outside. I can go much deeper into the sh-t than a tube can. Also in bad weather or heavy traffic the toon can't be beat. I sit higher, (more visible to other boaters) I am warmer,( thus I can fish longer ) in cold weather, and cooler in hot weather. (putting on and taking off layers is a breeze in a toon).

bodfish

9Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:27 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Interesting debate. Like a Star @ heaven Float what you like and like what you float. Like a Star @ heaven

10Graduation day? Empty Re: Graduation day? Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:36 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome back....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum