FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 8:27 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a stumblin on in...

+2
Monster
waxon67
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just a stumblin on in... Empty Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:04 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So cool there is a local tube forum!! Especially since I am a total noob. Just got a brand new Navigator set up from Santa and anxious to get started. I will be reading closely and absorbing the wisdom of tubing shared here. I have waders but still need fins. I love all kinds of fishing but have a lot to learn. Happy new year floaters!

2Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome in. Where do you normally fish?

3Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:43 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Several times a week I fish in the local puddles where I live usually Cerritos park and Wilderness cuz I just work up the street from there. El Dorado, Legg, Santa Fe, Puddingstone, Silverwood and surf and pier fishing. It really boils down to time and how much of it I have. Tomorrow me and a buddy are heading to Hesperia in the a.m. How about you?

4Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I mainly fish local places (also because of time) like Laguna, Santa Fe (tubing), Ralph B. Clark. I also like to fish the harbors from the tube when I find time. I also fish Silverwood from time to time

5Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:07 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Anything I need to know before I try to tube at Santa Fe?

6Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It costs to launch your tube ($3 i think) unless they don't see your tube when you go through the gates. If you get through the gates without being charged, the ranger might ask you for a ticket showing you paid to launch your tube. Just play the I didn't know card and they might make you pay before launching. What are you going to target when you go out?

7Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome waxon67, glad you found us, hope you learn some things from the site and I am sure if you float with us you will have a great time. Please let your friends know about us, and in a while I will PM you with some special offers only for float tube forum members.

Again thanks for join nice to have you on board and as soona s you get those fins go for it you will love it.

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome Wax, yea awsome to have a tubing forum and it looks like its starting to take off, tell your freinds an keep it growing!

9Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!! I'm gonna shoot for trout tomorrow. I heard Hesperia was pretty hot on the bight as of late. Gonna try out some of those Lipripper worms in the light colors and the lighter color dough baits. 4am is gonna come early!! Regarding fins, I have neoprene waders with neoprene feet. So I thought a conventional fin would work out. Any thoughts on this? Hey Monster thanks for the info. Thanks again and I will spread the word for sure!

10Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

A conventional fin as in like a diving fin? If so, you'll be fine. A lot of people use the diving type fins and they like them. Personally, I use the fins made by Caddis. I have not tried anything else but I think they do the job.

11Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:40 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I use a diving fine I like that is straps around my foot and I think they move you pretty good in the water. Best of all you can get them from most any sporting good stores, target, Wal-Mart just about any where.

12Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:18 pm

floater73

floater73
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey new members things are happening here welcome waxon67 show us your float tube bro.

13Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:35 pm

37jb1973

37jb1973
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the site waxon nice to see people are finding us.

14Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:57 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

let me set it up and I'll post a pic. Still in the box. I know shame on me. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow Smile

Ya dont sweet it bro. but don't let it sit there to long get it on the water as soon as you can. Wink

15Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No worries we all start somewhere...

16Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Having trouble uploading pictures. I have the tube up and pix on my pooter but I can't figure out how to get them on here. Probably very simple but it escapes me.

17Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:43 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Got to the tool bar just above the message box there is a button that says (Host an image)
Another window will open and you search on your computer for what you want to post. Open it then click host, now you have three choices Thumbnail image, full image, or URL post. Copy the link and paste it into the message where you want it. Only problem I have is the Host and image box will not go away when you are posting a picture, i just work around it.
Hope this help.

18Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:22 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here is a pic of my new tube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:32 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice so brand new we need to get that thing wet, take it out side lol!
Glad you could get the picture up man.

20Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ya thanks for the tips. I just had to change the file extension to upload. So I'm getting my fins this week and I'm up for a first launch. Any takers?

21Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

waxon67 wrote:Ya thanks for the tips. I just had to change the file extension to upload. So I'm getting my fins this week and I'm up for a first launch. Any takers?

When and where are you thinking I cannot make any promises but if I can make it I will be there.

Also I like the Avatar cyclops

22Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well let's see what the rain is gonna do. I guess with work it makes it more of a weekend thing? I'm just choppin at the bit to get out there ya know? I guess I better get those fins going. Where is your lake of choice?

23Just a stumblin on in... Empty Re: Just a stumblin on in... Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Right now I am into the Harbors and Bays, a lot cheaper but if I was going to do freshwater, I would try, Puddingstone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum