FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO

+12
MASSfisher
TheHegemon
TheAsianGuy
fishntoss
IN2DEEP
jeffcpr
FloatingCanada
Aquaholic38
ed5000x
waxon67
n2deepfsw
Dano67
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jokes aside I understood the lipper was better for the fish's witto teefy teef.

27Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:01 am

waxon67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?

Okay... now my feelings are really hurt.. I will leave now.

28Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:11 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great video guys! Looks like a perfect day in NPH! Ed got a Rubberlip Perch! Sweet! Do me a favor on one thing... ya'll fish like a bunch of ladies! Use your FINGERS and LIP THEM BASS! Stop using them lip grabbers! Be MEN and use your Thumb and Finger and LIP them Spots! Very Happy Sure miss fishing with ya'll. Great video Dano!

LC

Who is this?

dont leave i just stored your number i know who you are now lol

29Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Excellent video! Did you use the GoPro with the 16GB card?

30Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

LC

Who is this?

If you want us to have tough thumbs then you have thick skin!

31Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

LC

Who is this?

Curious. Is the bass teeth that painful to handle? I handle catfish and their unprecedented needle-like prickling teeth, but how are the spotties in comparison?

32Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I've handled lots of spotties and I don't think lip grippers are necessary at all. Sure, your thumb might get a bit scratched a bit since they tend to flop around when your grab them, but it's really not that bad.

Most of the time there's no need to even touch them, just give the leadhead a couple of shakes and they usually come off clean.

The only fish I ever worry about are those damn lizardfish! green happy

33Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

LC

Who is this?

Curious. Is the bass teeth that painful to handle? I handle catfish and their unprecedented needle-like prickling teeth, but how are the spotties in comparison?

I think its almost the same. If you put your thumb over the ridge of the mouth its usually not even an issue. But the fish can lose teeth against your thumb and that is what is not good. Grippers have a draw back too.
They can tear through the lower jaw on a fish if it thrashes and I heard not the best way to hold a halibut if it is going to be released. The lower jaw can be damaged or unhinged as the jaw can not support the weight of the fish.

They make a tape to protect yo widdle fumbs anyhoo.

34Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:26 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
I think its almost the same. If you put your thumb over the ridge of the mouth its usually not even an issue. But the fish can lose teeth against your thumb and that is what is not good. Grippers have a draw back too.
They can tear through the lower jaw on a fish if it thrashes and I heard not the best way to hold a halibut if it is going to be released. The lower jaw can be damaged or unhinged as the jaw can not support the weight of the fish.

They make a tape to protect yo widdle fumbs anyhoo.

lol! Love the tape idea. but truly not needed. I can truly feel for the teeth part of it. Handling catfish for hours can get under your skin. If you have a Harbor Freight store near by, invest in a $5 pair of sheep skin glove. Cut the three, or four, fingers away at the base of the fingers for easy of use in getting to your tackles, baits, and lines. You can leave both the thumb and the index fingers, or just the thumb to handle the teeth.

35Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The teeth aren't that bad but after handling a ton of fish it does start to hurt...especially after lippin the ones with bigger teeth.

I REFUSE to ever tape my fingers or wear gloves....sorry guys but the day i do that is the day I wear a dress to work. Hell, i even lip the halibut I catch....fingers are over rated...you really don't need 10 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

36Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:The teeth aren't that bad but after handling a ton of fish it does start to hurt...especially after lippin the ones with bigger teeth.

I REFUSE to ever tape my fingers or wear gloves....sorry guys but the day i do that is the day I wear a dress to work. Hell, i even lip the halibut I catch....fingers are over rated...you really don't need 10 of them.
X2

37Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WUAH?! You're not telling me that you're liping 30"+ halibut barehanded? Dang, those needle teeth hurts like freaking broken glass. I lip the 18" and less, but, got a nice infection when one of them sunk its teeth into my thumb. So, my rule of thumb-safety is, up to 12", no glove, since your skin is thicker than their teeth's puncturing capability. Anything bigger, use the glove.

Just watch those teeth and where you're hauling them out from. High bacteria level will land you into the emergency room for flesh eating bacteria, or bacteria toxin-related illness which entered your blood stream. Not a fun thing to be grounded about. It can be fatal.

38Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The biggest one ive libbed was a 20lb hali and i wont lie...my thumb did bleed after but thats all.

Haha no im jk no way in hell would i lip one of them. I caught a 24" in October and used a towel to pry its mouth open so i could get my bait back with a pair of pliars and i STILL felt those teeth....razord sharp!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

39Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

40Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL no one can hammer you Dano. You're playing safe for more fun time under sun. The roughnecks play hard but will end up with less time in the sun than you..

41Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Dano67 wrote:Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

tape ?
ripping pliers ?

what are those lol!

I only use the tape when my fingers are all cut up from work. It sucks to get those teeth into an already open cut

42Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
IN2DEEP wrote:Very nice Dano!
Looks like a fun place to fish.

What setting on your gopro were you filming on? r2?

It's the ganji mon! Wink
1080 wide!
Thanks bud!
The video quality on vimeo looks great!
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

43Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol that was great, Ed's perch looked like some scene from that Piranha movie.

44Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Whatever, I'm using my ripping pliers and tape on my fingers until LC fishes five times with us! I'm doin it for the cause people! Help a brother out people!

Use what ever you want but I catch you using needle nose I'm a call you on it!

45Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
So there really is a difference between 720 and 1080 other than the 2x size video file study

For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.

46Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:
IN2DEEP wrote:

For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.
After seeing Dano's video I'm going to have to disagree at this time
Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx

47Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:For posting on web and DVD making at this time, 720P is more than enough. So, do yourself a favor and record at 720P, giving you more time to record with.
Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx[/quote]

Make sure to record both at 1080P and 720P. When you upload onto servers, most servers will reduce 1080 to 720 to conserve file storage. YouTube and FaceBook will reduce it even further down to 480P. When you go from original 1080, upload it, and reduce the dimension, even when the server claims it runs at 1080 HD, in reality, the resized dimension already brought it down way below 1080. If any one can correct, please do so.

48Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 am

IN2DEEP wrote:
TheAsianGuy wrote:
IN2DEEP wrote:

Next time out, I'm going to shoot in 1080 and find out for sure if it's better quality than 720, then decide. Thnx

Unless you are viewing the videos in 1080 on an actual HD monitor and or big screen tv, 720 for the web is more than enough. You can not tell any difference at all. Even on a 32" HD TV, between 720 and 1080 is hard to tell the difference. I have explored many times and I stay with 720. 1080 files are large and rendering times are long. I like 720 Smile

49Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 am

Dano67

Dano67

Vimeo only loads 720. I shot in 1080 but video is loaded as 720.

50Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Newport 1/23/12 VIDEO Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:09 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice video. You can upload full 1080 content if you host your own site and have domain space. Takes a while to buffer enough to stream without lags, but if your on a a good 6mb connection it's not that big of a deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum